Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsofters Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

No
    Cabraish( aka Navan Road)

5 mins from the halfway house if you know the area.
    I know it, if you post on the fingal thread you might get guys heading out to the site with room for one more, maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Un-decided
    I tried before, no luck, but next time I head out I will try, I need money you see :)

No
    I tried before, no luck, but next time I head out I will try, I need money you see :)
    Dont we all mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

Un-decided
    if you did go ahead with this would it be a members only site

No
    amaughan wrote: »
    guests would b welcome once accompanied by a member, & once their gun pasted the crono. no problem

• Advertisement

Un-decided
    free of charge

No
    free of charge
    no there would b a cover charge for non members

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

No

Be a bit unfair on the members to finance a non members gaming wouldn't you think? ;)

Un-decided
    wat ya mean by cover charge

No
    wat ya mean by cover charge
    as in not free

• Advertisement

Un-decided
    Be a bit unfair on the members to finance a non members gaming wouldn't you think? ;)

of coarse.does sound like a great idea tho.
    Stone.cold wrote: »
    as in not free

and the money made by the guests would go towards the site or maybe a anniversary session every year its open haha alco-softers ha

No
    of coarse.does sound like a great idea tho.

and the money made by the guests would go towards the site or maybe a anniversary session every year its open haha alco-softers ha
    as i said earlier it is a non profit club so any moneys earned by the club will go into the running of the club insurance, rent, competition prizes etc.,

No
    Prizes? Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the sound of that! :D:D:D

No
    Prizes? Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the sound of that! :D:D:D
    taught u would

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Un-decided
    Stone.cold wrote: »
    no there would b a cover charge for non members

How much?

Oh forgot, would you have bb's and gas to buy? also maybe charging facilities for batts?

No
    iceage wrote: »
    How much?

Oh forgot, would you have bb's and gas to buy? also maybe charging facilities for batts?
    Fees havent been decided yet, given that it will be smaller than a normal skirmish site, the cost will be less than normal

Un-decided
    Hmmm, sounds like a skirmish site to me.:confused:

No
    well if you paid the going rate to visit for the day u would think it was a skirmish site at the end of it :)

No

You would have to be a member or be accompanied by a member to uses the site, just like a private golf club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Da Wench

No
    Finally got around to joining boards! It was easier to join Shadow Company!

• Advertisement

No
    Da Wench wrote: »
    hay :) was wondering when u would sign up post on the midlands thread you have to stay on topic in each thread

No

Evening Wench :p

Un-decided
    You would have to be a member or be accompanied by a member to uses the site, just like a private golf club.

Nope, I've decided, I was gonna give the benifit of the doubt, and vote with a maybe. Now I'm convinced, this is not a members only club, you've said it yourselves, you will be charging an admission to non members, and a membership fee to the membership:( This is a commercial veture, a precursor to a Skirmish site.

For petes sake just come out and say it, and stop beating around the bush, you might get a better response.

No
    Right, gotta get used to the rules and regs of everything here on boards as well as airsoft!

No
    Nope, I've decided, I was gonna give the benifit of the doubt, and vote with a maybe. Now I'm convinced, this is not a members only club, you've said it yourselves, you will be charging an admission to non members, and a membership fee to the membership:( This is a commercial veture, a precursor to a Skirmish site.

For petes sake just come out and say it, and stop beating around the bush, you might get a better response.
    Iceage this a non profit club not commercial you can not walk in of the street to it, it will not be big enough to hold Large scale skirmish's on, any proceeds the club makes will be put straight back into the club for the benefit of the members.

No

Im only a newbie, but if I go to another site to play, I pay a fee to play. Do the members of that site/team pay to play on the day too?

No
    Im only a newbie, but if I go to another site to play, I pay a fee to play. Do the members of that site/team pay to play on the day too?
    Yes. this is relatively new there are no members only clubs in ireland as far as im aware, at present you turn up on the day pay a fee and play for the day

No

Nope not a commercial site - the idea of the site is that a group of people would band together to cover the cost of site rental and insurance so that they wouldn't have to travel to Dublin, Galway, Cork or wherever to have a game. Its not a commercial venture to rake in lots of cash its a way of insuring that we've and anyone else in the area who wants to join has somewhere to play where we have both permission AND insurance to be there.

I understand your concerns that this is a commercial site in the makings but it is not. The reason to let non members on is to allow someone who wants to bring one of their friends and introduce them to airsoft instead of them having to drive for a few hours to a commercial site. It would also act as a means of gathering people together so regular transport to a commercial site could be arranged instead of someone heading off on their own or not going at all!

No
    So if I'm a member and I go to play for the day, I don't have to pay. Kinda like gym (I'm allergic to them) membership. Bring a guest with me if i like as long as I'm a member.

Im a member of another sports club, again a non profit organisation. We pay a flat rate membership fee every year, reductions for families etc. When we meet up on our own grounds we all throw in a euro or whatever change we have to keep us supplied in milk, coffee, biccies etc

When we run a competition, we all pay to compete, members or not. We only run about 4 comps a year, so it doesn't cost anybody much extra. But we are free to go to other clubs as often as we like and compete there for a fee to the club hosting the comp.

Any money received is put into buying equipment, rent, insurance etc.

If it was run as a business, then you have to set up a company and then arguements ensue about to who or how the profits are spent.

If you are thinking about going down this road, start it from the very beginning as it would be very hard to implement later and team members might get a bit antsy about it.

It is a good idea, and it keeps things clean and simple and no worries about how to pay for the insurance, rent etc

But then this is only my opinion!

• Advertisement

No
    Evening Wench :p

Evenin Chuck, or should I say good night, I'm knackered, all this talk about airsoft!

Advertisement