Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threading

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

:D yep i know that feeling, i always have to have sunglasses after my i get my eyebrows done too! Maybe my skin is just too sensitive?
    My mum is a bit sallower than i am and you never notice after she gets her eyebrows/lip done. she could go out straight away after and yet Im left look like I have some very weird burn lines.

I was thinking thought, essentially threading is the same as plucking isnt it? So would i one be better off just plucking the dark hairs away? Or would that damage the follicle more?

oh why couldnt i be less fuzzy:rolleyes:

Yeah your skin is probably sensitive. I'm really, really tanned and you wouldn't think I'd go so red but my skin just freaks out. Takes a good 5 hours to start looking normal again. For some reason I don't get it with plucking, just a bit of redness which goes within the hour. I guess because threading takes so many hairs off at once, it's really traumatic for your skin whereas plucking is much more gradual?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

However, I then got my lip done (more fluff than hair) and it took a week to look normalish afterwards. the day i got it done it was a bit red but manageable. The next day i felt as if my lip was a bit swollen and then for the next 4/5 days i had a huge almost rash-like eruption of tiny spots all across my lip and down the sides of my mouth. And the area was most definitely swollen. So it was very obvious naturally and ruined the whole discreet effect i was after.

Is this just me? Im afraid to get it done again in case it happens?

Something similar happened to me when I had my lip done. Not as severe as you describe but not nice either. The area above my lip felt swollen for days afterwards, it was a bit sore in places and very numb. I also got spots the very top of my lip and to one side. I wouldn't say it was terribly noticeable because it was only a few but I definitely won't get my lip done again.

It was €4 to have done and the last time I checked here it was €19 :eek:

I must go and have it done again soon :D

There are a few cheaper places around. There is one place on Bolton St/Capel St that does the whole face for €10. I wasn't overly impressed though as I only wanted my eyebrows slightly tidied as I hate tiny brows and she wanted to give me tiny brows. She tidied them up a bit but just didn't really understand what I wanted. So I guess if you keep your brows very small it's worth giving her a shot. Or if you just want your lip and chin done.

And I recently found a place on Cork St that does eyebrows for €10 and I think the girl doing it was brilliant. The only fault I have is that the chair you sit on doesn't have a neck rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

It is more expensive getting them threaded but after many disasters with my brows I do believe it's something worth spending a little more money on. When they do the shape well it should last for a good while and you can just tidy it up yourself until you feel ready to splash out again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭chappy

oh my god i love threading!!!Started getting it done about a year ago...had never waxed cos I was afraid of the pain.It leaves you soooooooooooo smooth.Only got my eyebrows done the first couple of times but have since gotten my lip and chin done about 8 times.

The first time I had quite a bad reaction with my lip and chin and took about a week to get back to normal.I was quite anxious but got it done again by the 3rd time the redness would only last a day.

Neelu's in Arnotts is absolutely amazing and the girl who owns it is lovely!!!

Would definately recommend to friends!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

iguana wrote: »
    And I recently found a place on Cork St that does eyebrows for €10 and I think the girl doing it was brilliant. The only fault I have is that the chair you sit on doesn't have a neck rest.

Sorry, I know you posted this a while ago, but what is the name of the place on Cork St? I've been looking for somewhere new to get my threading done.

litup wrote: »
    Sorry, I know you posted this a while ago, but what is the name of the place on Cork St? I've been looking for somewhere new to get my threading done.

She works from a hairdressers on the corner of Cork St and Ardee St, called The Flick. I don't know her name but I think she's Spanish.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flick/304789855202#!/pages/The-Flick/304789855202?v=info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

I dont bother with that at all.

I got some stencils from eyebrowz.com

Im loving the Marlyn ones and the "big" eyebrow look. I think i was guilty of over plucking for many years. Now I just colour in the stencil shape over my eyebrows and then use an Eyebrow razor around the eyebrow. Its really simple and pain free.

I also like that you can get a pack of 6 different eyebrow stencils and go for the one you like.

Advertisement