Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls Combats

Options
  • 18-09-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi peps!

Where can I find cammoflage clothes in womens sizes? Do any of the national stores have clothes where I can walk in and try tings on?

Thanks for the help!

Sandra x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Try Penneys as they tend to have some combats every now and then.

Edit--> I got one or two decent pairs from here to be honest. In fact the cam gear I wear to HRTA at the moment came from good old Penneys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Sandra if you go into the sites and retailers threads they can help you with what your looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

A decent webstore for camo should have options for leg length and waist size.

I use red-soldier, it does russian style camo patterns but I'm sure there are equivilant stores for other patterns.

Maybe flecktarn.co.uk do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

What camo type are you looking for? The pattern and type will determine what store is best. I've got a list of them here but it's pretty long so if you can narrow it down it might make it less hassle for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Flecktarn.co.uk as mentioned are v.good; check their size charts for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

if your dublin based lass check out army bargin on caple street, has them in store, you can try them on and has colours you wont find most places and there is other army/hiking stores around it. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

The Irish airsoft stores are all helpful but I'm not sure they specifically have women's stuff in stock; Tony in Eirsoft might get some stuff on order for you if you give him some specifications. Army Bargains can be over-priced for what you get, although the selection isn't too bad. I'm still running about in a pair of Penny's 'combats', and I bought stuff in the clothes shops in Temple Bar in Dublin (beside the Central Bank), which are pretty reasonable. Waterford and Cork have army surplus stores, as far as I know (this all came up in a thread a while ago).

There's a place in Lucan called ICOA - http://www.icoa.ie/catalog/index.php - who are helpful and have a good selection of boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

You really need to see the things and try em on or hold em up to you ideally.
    I reckon.

Last time I was getting Camo. The Combats that were marked a size too big for
    me were way to small for my big ass and thighs, and some of the American stuffs
    Smallest size could be used to cover a small car or used as a tent.

I tend to like the Dutch stuff, I Find the quality, fit and comfort of that stuff great.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

place next to central bank is eager beaver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

Hay Sandra,

Is this for Airsoft???... cos doubt ya will find anbything original in National stores, heres a good size chart to convert from mens sizes to womens...A girl borrowed my gear to play paintball and it fit fine, im 5.7 10 stone, shes 5.7 10-12 in womens sizes so that gives ya a rough Idea... Ebay is a good source for genuine Mil gear in womens sizes...

http://www.hanksclothing.com/womensconversion.html

I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055379686

Im flogging off some brand new combats if the Sizes match and your intrested :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭eagleye7

i know ya wanted to try stuff but hace a look at www.militaryclothing.com

they do mans and womens american ACU. dont know anythin about the shop just saw it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ep1k-w1n

you should try the army shop in waaaaaaaterford:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xx*Sandra*xx

Thanks for all the replies!! X

Pennys didnt have any cammoflage in but i manged to get a set of dpms from the army surpluss store!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Can't beat DPM!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Sandra, if you find a suitable webiste/shop can you pm me the details because we are in the middle of helping create the first all girls airsoft team and this is most likely an issue that they will run into.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

sandra fom what i can remember www.ehobbyasia.com have a good list of sizes fro almost anywaist and leg lenght

have a look sure;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Penney's aren't great for girly combats, to be honest. For guys, they have a fairly decent range, but girl's combats all have sparkly butterflies on them. :D

You might be lucky in Eager Beaver but, if you're a bit of vertically challenged, like me, it's unlikely. Army Bargains charges a bit over the odds, but they've got a good range of shapes and sizes and you can fit 'em on, so I pay for that part of it quite happily.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Dunnes had a lightweight girls combats for E10 or 15. They had sparkly jewel things, but they can be removed with pliers :D
    I wear these myself when it's warm out. (Don't tell anyone).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

http://www.asmc.de/en/Clothing/Womens-clothing

I know you can't try them on, but there's a pretty good size chart there. Combats are supposed to be baggy, if they're too long blouse the legs or roll up the sleeves.

And camo bikinis*

* for water gun games, before some muppet says bikinis are no use for airsoft. May not be worn in the Carribean. Play Safe, whatever your game is. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

OzCam wrote: »

And camo bikinis*

* for water gun games, before some muppet says bikinis are no use for airsoft.

I wouldn't say no use. I watched a lad play wearing a pink bikini top at Ground-Zero 2007. He may have been a bit nutty though. :P

Lemming wrote: »
    I wouldn't say no use. I watched a lad play wearing a pink bikini top at Ground-Zero 2007. He may have been a bit nutty though. :P
    Are you going to the gathering?

Sandra x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Are you going to the gathering?

Sandra x

Possibly. Haven't been out to GTAC since the gathering I and it'll be the last likely event I'll get to this year if I do attend now that I can't go to Phoenix-Rising II with the rescheduled dates.

Possibly. Haven't been out to GTAC since the gathering I and it'll be the last likely event I'll get to this year if I do attend now that I can't go to Phoenix-Rising II with the rescheduled dates.

Well Ill skirmish in my pink bikini if you go topless....what you think of that ;)

Well Ill skirmish in my pink bikini if you go topless....what you think of that ;)

Your real name isn't Bob, the 46 year old builder is it? :P

I wouldn't want to make all the other guys envious with my incredible physique if they're also going to have the trauma of bob the builder in a pink bikini inflicted on them. It seems unusually cruel * :pac:

* except for Ronan; then it's just funny

my incredible physique

Yum...
    Are you on bebo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ladies and (mainly) gentlemen, I give you Airsoft Dating...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Sure it had to happen some time....;)

• Advertisement

What do love, hate, pain, and hilarious-laughter-at-others all have in common?

6mm :pac:

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week doing stand-up! No need to rush for an autograph please folks

Oh, and Dex? Iceage? You're marked men now for those remarks. There's a 1500 round box mag with 1500 little friends all with your names written all over them. You'll appreciate the threat because it took ages to write names that small. Do you know how hard it is to write on 6mm? :P

Incidentally I heard no denials of a 46-year old builder called Bob ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement