Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Does my bum look big in this squat rack?

1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Hanley wrote: »
    THe 6 minute mile should be easy enough right?

...relatively speaking like.

I dunno. I might put down a decent enough time, like sub 7 minutes, but it's hard enough to knock time off such a short distance.

I think I'll get there this summer though all the same. All my best times so far have come in longer runs so aiming to be spent after a mile instead of 3 or 4 should help.

Guarantee I end up completely gassing 3/4 of the way through the first time out though, I have no idea of how to pace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,533 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

kevpants wrote: »
    Guarantee I end up completely gassing 3/4 of the way through the first time out though, I have no idea of how to pace it.

A good way is to know a point that's a quarter mile from where you'd start and run it pretty quick - not all out but faster than usual and time it. That'll give you a good feel for the pace you'd need to be doing. Quarter mile intervals with 45s rests between for 6-8 rounds and build on the time/distance you run at 6 minute pace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Your 250 looked sh1t by the way. Sumos are bad for running. Stop doing em.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Tri-annual update time chief...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

COH wrote: »
    Tri-annual update time chief...

This tomorrow.

5608428_orig.png?278

Will type an update with my chin wand afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Did you finish?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

kevpants wrote: »
    Right, the title.

Well I wanted something different and one of the biggest issues to do with this routine I'm going to start logging is the ever increasing size of my moneymaker. And the subsequent arguments with Mrs Pants about why I have to replace my entire lower body wardrobe.

I've been doing Westside since the start of May as much as I could in Crunch Westmanstown with limited facilities and spotters etc. After joining Total fitness in Castleknock in mid July I've been able to really get down to it.

I've been keeping a log since the start however I have been so happy with things the last few weeks I've decided to share. No one I show my logbook to is very interested, they're more concerned with the smell of sweat eminating from the pages.

There's a whole back catalog but here are my stats (1 rep maxes) as of 16/09/08 where I'll start the log.

Height: 5' 11''
    Weight: 100kg
    Bench: 132.5kg
    Squat: 160kg
    Deadlift: 190kg
    Turn ons: Long walks on the beach, open log fires....:pac:

Jesus.

Advertisement