Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Boards Beers 9th of October 6pm PAV

Options
  • 17-09-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Right take two at this thread.

So college is fast approaching and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a Beers. Now the last one had a small *cough* terrible *cough* turnout, but the forum has been much busier in the last month or so and as such I feel that Beers are called for.

Now the easy bit- we shall meet at the Campanile at 5 on the chosen day and go to the Pav/Doyles depending on the weather. Maybe so older smeller manier pub, but someone can suggest that. Everyone is welcome, from the newest newbies and Freshers, to the very old 'oh but we used to go to Trinity types'. If anyone is nervous about coming along, drop me a PM and I'll do my best to reassure you that we're all normal enough, and that curically we don't bite too often.

The diificult bit- the date. I've picked a date in both Freshers week and Week one, and then put in a general option for week 1 and Freshers week. If after 10 days there's clear preference for one of the weeks, but not one of the chosen dates we either do a new poll or just pick a date.

So yes, vote away and I hope to see lots of you there.

When suits you for Beers? 55 votes

Thursday 2nd of October
    0% 0 votes
    Thursday 9th of October
    27% 15 votes
    Another day in Freshers' week
    29% 16 votes
    Another day in Week 1
    9% 5 votes
    I have no intention of ever meeting any of you
    14% 8 votes
    None of the above
    20% 11 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I feel obliged to point out that the 3rd of October is a Friday. (Also a terrible day for me as I'll be in West Meath debsin' it up.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'd be up for this, am only starting in Trinity at the start of October (postgrad) so would be a good way to meet a couple of people there and find out some stuff about the college from people who know the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'm boycotting this event. I don't take kindly to being called terrible.

I'd say the Friday of Freshers' Week everyone will either be dead/going home to d'mammy/not bothered to go. Thursday of Freshers' Week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I am also boycotting because i'm not terrible either. And by boycotting i obviously mean attending. But I'll be too busy during freshers' week to get to the campanile never mind the pav. And by busy i obviously mean drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

And by boycotting i obviously mean attending.
    plusity one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

If there's any advantage there's a Hist/du food and drink pub crawl heading to Doyles later on Thursday 3rd where we have some pretty cool drinks deals (also heading to Porterhouse and a few other places) which everyone can avail of?
    /End pimp
    My vote is for Thursday 3rd anyway, Fresher's Week makes sense for people to meet without any lectures they "have to" go to etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm up for this. Any day when there's nothing else going, I've a ton of gigs to attend in October so hopefully it won't clash with those.

Surely there'd be a lot going on in Fresher's week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Beer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

i'd go. The 10th would be better because there would probably be something else going on during freshers' week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The 10th for me as I'll be back from Holidays at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Lol @ the poll results, which by my reckoning, currently add up to 166.67%. Awesome.

Anyway, my vote is for the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I will once again point out that the 3rd is a Friday, as is the 10th.

Therefore, I would nominate Thursday the 9th of October. Just 'cause I like my Friday nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I'd be down for this! Not sure which day, but I think pretty much any of them would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I voted for both Thursday. I've no interest in doing it on a Friday as thats my day for boozing it up in old man pubs. Also the hist can take a jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Ok so I'm a bit of a ejet, especially after spending all day in work actually working. I meant it to be Thursday 2nd and Thursday 9th. Just got myself completely confused.

Also patzer there is no way Boards beers is turning into the Hist/Food and Drink pub crawl.

Soo seeing as the poll is very messed up is Freshers week better or is Week 1 better?

And Thursday or Friday?

The previous ones that worked where on during freshers week. Thursday of freshers week is usually a dead night anyway. Thursday of week one people have lectures in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Boston wrote: »
    The previous ones that worked where on during freshers week. Thursday of freshers week is usually a dead night anyway. Thursday of week one people have lectures in the morning.

Pah not me. I have no lectures after Wednesday. Also we're students...aren't we supposed to go out and drink irresponsibly?

Yay 7 hour week.

(Stoopid extra time for worrying about not studying though :( )

Hey, as a postgrad, I may very well not even come in that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Thursday of freshers week is usually a dead night anyway.

Not this year.

Saw doctors...

...and Silent Disco.

• Advertisement

Silent disco can take a jump along with the hist. That said the Saw Doctors are worth seeing. Meh, I just think we should facilitate the newbies, but then again it will probably just end up being the usual oldies. I say Let apex decide...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I voted for some time in Week 1. I'm going to be insanely busy during Freshers' Week - that Thursday I plan on being on Patzer's pub crawl, Friday there's a family birthday thing on, so the week after would suit me best. I'm kinda indifferent about the Thursday/Friday distinction though - can't say that I go out drinking more or less often on a Friday than I'm likely to on any other day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Since freshers week events aren't really flexible but the Beers are, maybe it'd make more sense to have them during week 1? That way people can get the best of both worlds as far as getting to see/do everything they want goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Silent disco can take a jump along with the hist.

I dont think Ronny was suggesting Silent Disco for a Beers. He was just illustrating that Thursday is far from a quiet night this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Either thursday would do me..

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I'm definitely up for this also. Looking forward to it already actually.

I think Week 1 might be better as everyone will be back in college and although we will have lectures, a lot of people will be less busy in Week 1 than during Freshers' Week.

I would also favour a Thursday as I'll be going back home(down the country) early on Friday mornings.

So the Thursday of Week 1 is my vote, but I'll go with whatever the crowd wants.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Um I might turn up although my class is going on a field trip on the 9th so earlier in week one would suit me better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jimdw

So is this beer-drinking event for trinity students who are on boards? Or am I missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Jimdw wrote: »
    So is this beer-drinking event for trinity students who are on boards? Or am I missing something.
    Yeah that's basically it. People who've been posting here for a while and people who'll be starting college in the next couple of weeks. Oh and it also includes ex-TCD students who still post here. That's especially important :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Either thursday will do me grand too :D

Advertisement