Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweex clearout at Easons

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

What can the Bluetooth usb adapter for mobiles be used for (it says transfer of files between mobile and computer)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ You can connect your bluetooth enabled mobile to your laptop using this. If can be used to install software on your mobile, transfer music to your mobile, backup and restore your contacts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

How do you know if your mobile is blue tooth enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is that a serious question?
    If so, and looking through your phone menu is too much work, then google the specs on your phone and if you do not see bluetooth mentioned, then its not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

My Da went up to Liffy Vally yesterday morning to try get a couple of WiFi adapters, but they're all gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Is the mp4 player worth getting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

viv2 wrote: »
    Is the mp4 player worth getting ?

Comment on that Posted earlier HERE

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Comment on that Posted earlier HERE

-

Thanks, i picked one up in Arklow this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Anything left in Easons on O'Connel street? Need a new mouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

jimogr wrote: »
    Anything left in Easons on O'Connel street? Need a new mouse...
    Just paid a visit, they have a lot of mouses left, at €2.99.

Also plenty of keyboards, headphones, USB speakers and DVD cases. Only 1 wireless router left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

O'Connell St branch also have numeric keypads (incorporating 2 USB ports), and a couple of those USB Skype phone USB thingies.

The speakers come in two sizes, both €5. I got the larger ones (120 Watts PMPO) and they sound great for that price. They have USB and PS2 optical mice, and a miniature USB mouse which is dinky (that's a compliment btw!).

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Easons in Maynooth has the skype phones but they are charging full price of €39.99 still.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

friday1 wrote: »
    By the way dont forget to check the wall and the island in Easons O'connell St. Dublin, there is two displays.

I was in early yesterday and spotted a couple more displays dotted around the stationery department cash desk with keyboards and a few other items kept behind glass. I couldn't find flash drives or media players but there were plenty of USB Speakers, Skype phones, headsets, USB hubs, desktop microphones, and USB numeric keypads still available.

I bought the two different types of headsets. One type is adjustable but neither are very comfortable. They do the job and at the price they're being sold for (€3), I'd say they're still good value for money and worth picking up as a backup. The regular sized mouse seemed to be only available with a PS2 connection. The mini-mouse (for portable computing) was available in USB and both were on sale for €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Hi All,

What does the Skype phone look like?? Any links???
    Cheers,
    Freebee23

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

What does the Skype phone look like?? Any links???
    Cheers,
    Freebee23

A simple "Google" would have given it to you :rolleyes:

http://www.sweex.com/communicatie.php?sectie=5&item=162&artikel=590

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

A simple "Google" would have given it to you :rolleyes:

http://www.sweex.com/communicatie.php?sectie=5&item=162&artikel=590

-

Thanks Gadgetman.

I bought the following:
    " SWEEX HANDS FREE USB SKYMATE" IP003

So the question is would I be better of with the Skype Phone instead?

Cheers,
    Freebee23

You mean THIS little bugger?

Well, it's all a matter of opinion/personal choice I'd say.

All depends what you will be using it for.

The phone is grand if all you want to do is sit back & chat.

Whereas the hands free is excellent if you are using it for support where you need to be able to use your keyboard & mouse while talking. Or even if you are chatting with mates & they give you a URL to check out, you don't want to be leaving down the phone to type it in. (while your mate is roaring down the phone "Are you still there?" :D )

Either way, they both work well.

-

Advertisement