Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweex clearout at Easons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Easons in Mahon have nothing left, just called...save someone a trip

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭friday1

By the way dont forget to check the wall and the island in Easons O'connell St. Dublin, there is two displays.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dyflin wrote: »
    Got someone to check, shag all left.

Ah lame. Have to go up there later anyway, but at least now my hopes wont be up... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

got the camera/mic set and the usb speakers for a tenner in the o connell st branch
    seemed to have a good few of each left, aswell as wireless modems 14.99 and usb wifi thingummies 4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Got myself a Dane-Elec 4gb Flash Drive for 12.50 at lunch time :) Last one left. There were 8gb and 16gb ones but they were not on special offer :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭musicinmouth

Easons in Mahon have nothing left, just called...save someone a trip
    Thanks... I was hoping they'd have a wireless usb adapter...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

gazzer wrote: »
    Got myself a Dane-Elec 4gb Flash Drive for 12.50 at lunch time :) Last one left. There were 8gb and 16gb ones but they were not on special offer :mad:

There were loads of those 4Gb flash drives this morning. On a pillar at the tills remote from the rest of the stuff. Its a 'student' special AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

quite a few wireless routers for 15 aeros in the oconnell street branch, among other things. I picked up a crappy webcam for 3 lids.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dundrum has everything but not this cheap.
    The Mp4 ran through as only 50% at 50euro. Not worth it.

And their charging 7.50 for the USB WiFi adapter....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Was in the Galway store this morning & they still had a fair bit of stuff.
    No Routers left.

Got the wireless adapters I needed though (€4.99 Ea)

Cheers TerrorFimer ;)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

yeah they definitely had it yesterday afternoon. Go upstairs to the stationary. To the left of the sales point you'll see printers and stuff. At the end of that island and on the wall behind it you'll find the Sweex stuff.

Likes like a load of tat to me tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wifi adaptors work fine for me, MP4 player also working fine and decent quality, considering it came with Sennheiser earphones as well I definitely wouldn't be complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The wireless USB adapters I got today are working perfectly too.

@ €4.99 where would you be going wrong?

I suppose you could buy these if it made you feel better :p

They'd only work out @ €55 each Approx.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

podge018 wrote: »
    Likes like a load of tat to me tbh.
    Pfft, it's €4.99 for a WiFi adapter.. as long as it's not made of paper, it's a damn good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Was just over on O'Connel St, got speakers, the usb hub and the headset.

Couldn't see any of the wireless adapters, skype phones or microphones. There were only about 3 of the wireless routers left too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

Thanks for the tip off, got the usb chat pack (camera, headphones and microphone) for a massive €4.99 (Easons O'Connell St) and USB speakers for €4.99.
    They've usb mice - 2.99, keyboards 2.99, routers 14.99, external skype soundcard erm ...can't recall the price

Good spot OP!! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

They have these deals in O'Connel St. Limerick as well. Upstairs in the stationary department. The MP4 player comes with a free speaker/stand/docking-thingy. Not bad for a few €'s!

Picked up a microphone, and the last set of speakers (w/bass!) for 4.99 - The last of the wifi routers was sold while I was there yesterday evening, but still some good value of you need these items!

Thanks to the OP!

I'll happily swap a router and the difference in cash for one if the €20 MP4 players if anyone is interested??

I was hoping to pick one up for our 6 y.o. for Christmas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Anyone know of any Easons in the city center that are still doing the wireless adapters?

• Advertisement

Easons O'Connell Street is the only one in the city centre.

Can't say if they have any left or not. Might be worth ringing them. You can check the product code on Easons buy4now page.

Probably have them in Reads on Nassau Street but they haven't reduced prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I won't be able to get there soon. If you could pick me one numeric keypad, I would appreciate that a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

fdevine wrote: »
    Easons O'Connell Street is the only one in the city centre.

Can't say if they have any left or not. Might be worth ringing them. You can check the product code on Easons buy4now page.

Probably have them in Reads on Nassau Street but they haven't reduced prices.

is there not an easons down beside the irish life mall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I really want one of this MP4 player.

I'm willing to pay 20 euro plus a Xbox HD-DVD player(with remote) for this.

Bambi wrote: »
    is there not an easons down beside the irish life mall?

I think you're right Bambi. Forgot all about that one. Certainly used to be one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

in there today they have none of those offers there

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

Was over at Easons O'Connell st. after lunch, they have no more wi-fi adapters left, no usb hubs as well. Just the keyboards, a few webcams, & the wireless routers.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

I picked up a load of stuff in O'Connell St. yesterday. Thanks to OP and whoever posted about the second pile of stuff there, as I originally only found the first display, but knew about the second because of their post.

Anyway, I told a friend about it and we decided to check Liffey Valley. They had a smaller selection of stuff as its a small shop. We picked up a couple of wireless adapters,speakers,mics,cams,skype-thingy and a few other bits and when we got to the till there was an extra 50% off. Couldn't believe it. Still some stuff there but didn't see router or mp4 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

tintar wrote: »
    Was over at Easons O'Connell st. after lunch, they have no more wi-fi adapters left, no usb hubs as well. Just the keyboards, a few webcams, & the wireless routers.

I was there about 7PM today. They had

USB Speakers
    Skype phone
    Headphones with mic (2 kinds)
    USB hubs
    Mice (USB and PS2)
    Metal flexible Desktop mic
    USB Numeric Keypads
    Keyboards and Routers

As friday1 pointed out they have two displays (glass shelves). They also a some pieces along the "Paper/Business Cards" wall (on the left of that area) and on a pillar opposite that wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Was in Easons Limerick today. Got 9 sets of speakers, 17 mice, 2 microphones, 2 card readers and USB hub. Still loads of mice and mics in stock.

Advertisement