Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Unfiltered

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ultravid

karen3212 wrote: »
    I find this interesting, ''the primary purpose of sexual intercourse is the creation of new human life''.
    Would you agree that there are secondary, tertiary etc purposes to sexual intercourse? If yes, do you know what they are and what are the consequences for a society that promotes repression of sexuality?

Not addressed to you:

Has nobody questioned why motor car insurance companies(in general) load the premiums of people under 25? I thought it was because the part of the brain that controls impulse is not fully developed until around then. (I'd say we can be sure that they have studied the matter.)

Procreation and union. WE need to be responsible with ourselves, and be masters of our body, not have our body be master of us. You've seen the results of the 'sexual revolution' - rocketing STDs, AIDS, 'unwanted' pregnancies, abortion, promiscuity, widespread sexual perversion etc... The list goes on, and all this misery the result of letting go of all those 'repressions' of previous times. Success story? I think not, but that's another thread entirely. It is not about 'repression' (Freud was proven wrong on that idea - another thread there too!), the issue is self-mastery, which is not unhealthy. Giving free reign to our every sexual whim is not freedom, it is enslavement, with disasterous consequences, including for the unborn child, who must be sacrificed at our altar of Lust, to our god, Moloch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

It is not about 'repression' (Freud was proven wrong on that idea - another thread there too!), the issue is self-mastery, which is not unhealthy. Giving free reign to our every sexual whim is not freedom, it is enslavement, with disasterous consequences, including for the unborn child, who must be sacrificed at our altar of Lust, to our god, Moloch.

ok... that was... weird..

If you're getting religous Lust = Demon called Asmodai, and moloch was a demon who had first born babies sacrificed to him by throwing them into fires. I can see the Moloch connection but I somehow DONT think it makes a compelling argument ultravid :pac:
    Has nobody questioned why motor car insurance companies(in general) load the premiums of people under 25
    because they make sh*t loads of money that's why

if that were actually true then we'd get 24 year old murder-rapists off by saying 'oh well my brain isn't fully formed' and I cannot make rational decisions.

(Incidentally some pro-abortion people might categorise them as not human as they are not fully formed =p)

Sex is designed to get us pregnant... women are hornier when they are most fertile I WONDER WHY ?:eek:

Also women who have had abortions sometimes get pregnant more quickly as the body still wants to give birth but it hasn't. (I need to get my source for that one however so dont quote me just yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Phototoxin wrote: »
    Sex is designed to get us pregnant... women are hornier when they are most fertile I WONDER WHY ?:eek:

And yet another religious argument. Please realise that some of us do not share your belief in DESIGN. To us, sex is as little designed as anything else. Not at all, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh great the deamon moloch bollix,
    Yeah you are so right it's the worshipers and followers of the deamon who demands baby sacrifices who are pushing abortion for thier own evil ends....

bquinn wrote: »
    photo16.jpg
    Same baby smiling, then sleeping. It's sad when you don't even believe your own eyes.

The smile is an involuntary action, a smile as we know it as a form of expression and communication doesn't happen until a baby is born and several weeks old.

• Advertisement

Ultravid wrote: »
    Why would anyone would want to kill their unborn child? It's something I've never fully understood.

Because they do not which to continue the pregnancy or to give birth or to be a parent.

Not that hard to understand.

F.A. wrote: »
    And yet another religious argument. Please realise that some of us do not share your belief in DESIGN. To us, sex is as little designed as anything else. Not at all, that is.
    The human body is very much a designed creation. The sexual organs particularly so, the complementarity of the sexes is obvious. The male is designed for the female and the female is made for the male.

It's called evolution.

Still your God apprently gave us all free will and the intellect to reason and make choices.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Oh great the deamon moloch bollix,
    Yeah you are so right it's the worshipers and followers of the deamon who demands baby sacrifices who are pushing abortion for thier own evil ends....

They are pushing for abortion to suit their own evil ends. Admit it, this is about sex. The pro-aborts want all the sex they can get, and then when the woman 'unfortunately' yet inevitably gets pregnant, then sure as hell they don't want a child and they are not prepared to let this 'parasite' spoil their sex life. So let's kill the child. Let's murder our unborn child. Then we can have more sex. Another child? Let's abort that one too. Then we can have more sex, a different women this time.

Please be honest with yourself and with me.

Yeah, yeah, creationism, intelligent design, call it what you like. It is a belief of yours. Look up belief and you might realise that not everybody shares it. Ever heard of evolution? That's what I subscribe too, and it very plausibly denies the existance of any such thing as 'design' in biology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

They are pushing for abortion to suit their own evil ends. Admit it, this is about sex. The pro-aborts want all the sex they can get, and then when the woman 'unfortunately' yet inevitably gets pregnant, then sure as hell they don't want a child and they are not prepared to let this 'parasite' spil their sex life. So let's kill the child. Let's murder our unborn child. Then we can have more sex. Another child? Let's abort that one too.

So you are saying sex is evil? And there is something wrong with wanting all the sex you can get, in and of itself, nothing to do with what the outcome of that is? Wow.

Malari wrote: »
    So you are saying sex is evil? And there is something wrong with wanting all the sex you can get, in and of itself, nothing to do with what the outcome of that is? Wow.
    Sex is not evil. Abuse of the sexual faculty is evil.

There is a lot wrong with pursuing sexual gratification AT ALL COSTS INCLUDING THE DEATH OF A HUMAN CHILD IF, DAMN IT, WE SAY IT IS NECESSARY.

- That is the attitude of the pro-abort lobby. They don't care what the outcome is. All they care about is their own sexual gratification. If it requires child sacrifice, so be it.

There is a lot wrong with the disordered pursuit of sexual pleasure. We have seen the fruits of that in our world. And it is not pretty. Amongst other horrors, over 40 million dead babies later, the Americans are still killing their unborn children.

F.A. wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, creationism, intelligent design, call it what you like. It is a belief of yours. Look up belief and you might realise that not everybody shares it. Ever heard of evolution? That's what I subscribe too, and it very plausibly denies the existance of any such thing as 'design' in biology.

It is wrong to murder human children in the womb. It is wrong to murder human beings in the womb.

This is what abortion does to unborn babies:

http://www.abortionno.org/

IN MY OPINION, it is wrong to murder human children in the womb. It is wrong to murder human beings in the womb.

I took the liberty to correct that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

It is wrong to murder human children in the womb. It is wrong to murder human beings in the womb.

Can I ask why you are so vociferous onabortion, rather than any other percieved injustice in the world? Other suffering that no one disputes but likewise no-one is doing much about. Sorry if this is getting off topic but I really want to understand what it is that makes you so impassioned about this in particular?

They are pushing for abortion to suit their own evil ends.

What evil ends ?
    Admit it, this is about sex.

Nope is it about control, women having control over their own bodies.

I have as much problem with enforced pregnancy then I do with enforced sterilisation such as this case.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/09/12/0912salazar.html
    Friday, September 12, 2008

A judge in Travis County has ordered a woman to stop having children as a condition of her probation in her case of injury to a child by omission, an extraordinary measure that legal experts say could be unconstitutional.

The order was for Felicia Salazar, 20, who admitted to failing to provide protection and medical care to her then-19-month-old daughter last year. The girl suffered broken bones and other injuries when she was beaten by her father, Roberto Alvarado, 25, who was sentenced to 15 years in prison. Alvarado and Salazar relinquished their parental rights, and the child, who has recovered, was placed in foster care.

He beat her and the child and she gets told by a judge not to have any more children....

The plight of actual children concerns me more then proto children.

The pro-aborts want all the sex they can get, and then when the woman 'unfortunately' yet inevitably gets pregnant,

Really cos we don't have contraception ?

Where do you stand on contraception and contraception and sex education ?
    OR is that more agenda for pushing evil ?
    then sure as hell they don't want a child and they are not prepared to let this 'parasite' spoil their sex life. So let's kill the child. Let's murder our unborn child. Then we can have more sex. Another child? Let's abort that one too. Then we can have more sex, a different women this time.

I abhor abortion used as a method of contraception when there are better methods.

I am, abortion has always happened and will do until we have better contraception and education about contraception.
    Women decides to have an abortion due to their circumstances that she does not want to continue her pregnancy and bring a child into this world.

So why aren't the pro lifers working to change those circumstances ?

Where do you stand on the lack of protection and rights for children under the law currently ?

Sex is designed to get us pregnant... women are hornier when they are most fertile I WONDER WHY ?eek.gif

Its designed by evolution for a function. That is its evolutionary purpose. I pointed out earlier that I am not religous and I infact disagree with the religous slant raised earlier about sacrifices to mooloch or whatever, I thought the injection of it was a bit strange hence why I siad that it was weird so read the thing in context (something I wish EVERYONE would fricking do once in a while) rather than pounce on a juicy bit. I even pointed out that ultravids argument was superfulous :
    I somehow DONT think it makes a compelling argument ultravid

Additionally just because religion is involved in some sides of the debate doenst mean that that side is defunct. However this is basically coming down to 'its a person when its conceived' to 'its a person if its concieved'
    I took the liberty to correct that for you.
    Actually FA you are wrong in this country it is legally wrong to murder kids in the womb. Anywhere else you'd be right but in ireland & NI its illegal thankfully.

Why are pro-abortion people so adamant that the unborn is not a person ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 bquinn

The smile is an involuntary action, a smile as we know it as a form of expression and communication doesn't happen until a baby is born and several weeks old.

How do you know? Smoe references say that is true, others disagree. More and more neonatologists are saying they no longer believe that. With the development of the 4-D ultrasound, it is now possible to watch teh baby in utero, instead of just having single images. They can videotape behaviour in the womb. I couldn't get the link to cut and paste (computer problems) but go to Truthbooth.org and click on video. You can see live video.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

This is a hairsbreath away from turning into a screaming match and getting locked.

There are people who will never agree on this topic and will never agree.

I would really like to leave it open, though.

Please: debate.

Avoid insulting language. Be courtly if necessary, even if you don't feel like it.

If the other side is getting you heated, they've cast you in a bad light and you've lost. They're right about your character/morals/opinions.

Avoid point-for-point rebuttal. Advance your argument without shouting theirs down.

Quit polluting my brane with fonts and bold and repeated posting of the same links.

And I'm going to lock this the next whiff of personal abuse for anybody that I get from anyone on the thread. Respect, people.

Actually FA you are wrong in this country it is legally wrong to murder kids in the womb. Anywhere else you'd be right but in ireland & NI its illegal thankfully.

There is no such law on the books, if you kill a pregnant woman you are not charged with two counts of murder.

It is illegal to preform an abortion but you are not charged with murder.

• Advertisement

Its designed by evolution for a function. That is its evolutionary purpose.

You are wrong. Evolution has no purpose, and it does not design anything at all.

How am I wrong? This thread is not about whether the law in Ireland or NI is right, it is, from what I can tell, about establishing whether abortion is wrong in moral grounds. So, nothing wrong there. In Ultravid's opinion, it is wrong. Not in mine.
    Why are pro-abortion people so adamant that the unborn is not a person ? :confused:

Question right back to you: why are you so adamant that the unborn is a person? And as we have proven, legally, the unborn are not recognised as persons until 24 weeks old, so it seems even the law in Ireland does not regard the unborn per se as persons.

What evil ends ?

money m'dear. Abortion is big jingly jingly € ¥ £ $ !
    Nope is it about control, women having control over their own bodies.

Surely the control is availalbe in the '
    Still your God apprently gave us all free will and the intellect to reason and make choices.
    ' to say 'no I would rather not have your penis in my vagina, thanks all the same ?'
    I have as much problem with enforced pregnancy then I do with enforced sterilisation such as this case.

Unless raped then pregancy cannot be enforced physically. Thankfully pregnancy from rape is not too likely.
    He beat her and the child and she gets told by a judge not to have any more children....

The plight of actual children concerns me more then proto children.

conclusion = judge is a tosser. How is this relevant to the thread ?
    Really cos we don't have contraception ?

Where do you stand on contraception and contraception and sex education ? OR is that more agenda for pushing evil ?

Is that supposed to be some pathetic anti-catlick jibe ? :pac:

We have contraception, therefore there are valid methods for avoiding having children. However the only foolproof method is (obviously) not to have sex. So if you exercise your free will to have sex you should be prepared to live with the consequences. That's what being a mature person capable of making choices is about.

You cannot have your cake and eat it. If, for example, I exercise my will to beat up my girlfriend then I must be prepared to live with the consequences of an assault charge and the loss of my girlfriend.
    I abhor abortion used as a method of contraception when there are better methods.

abortion isn't contraception though... the child is already conceived.
    I am, abortion has always happened and will do until we have better contraception and education about contraception.

So because its always happened that makes it ok ? Should women not be able to vote ? That's relatively new. What about children working in coal mines? Murders have always happened and will continue to do so, does that make it alright too ? I somehow *doubt* it.

Women decides to have an abortion due to their circumstances that she does not want to continue her pregnancy and bring a child into this world.
    So why aren't the pro lifers working to change those circumstances ?

because you just siad it yourself... that abortion has always happened and will do until we have better contraception and education about contraception.

We have better contraception, we have medically advanced 100s of years since abortions and yet we are still doing them. We have contraception, quite effective contraception in some cases, yet people still choose not to use it and a baby shouldnt be killed as a result of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 bquinn

There is no such law on the books, if you kill a pregnant woman you are not charged with two counts of murder.

It is illegal to preform an abortion but you are not charged with murder.

In the US you do get charged with two counts of murder. I know, double standard, since legal to kill baby, but if kill mom too, the you get charged for both. Also, if you attack a woman, and her unborn baby dies, then you also get charged. Over here they have finally realised that many women do not want to kill their unborn baby, but feel pressured or forced into it by the father of the child. When mom refuses to have abortion, dad decides to take care of it on his own. Society has devalued life, and now we see the consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

In the US there's the death penalty and mentally disabled people are on Death Row, a disproportionate number of non whites... and **** knows how many innocents who were coerced into confessing.
    They are pushing for abortion to suit their own evil ends. Admit it, this is about sex. The pro-aborts want all the sex they can get, and then when the woman 'unfortunately' yet inevitably gets pregnant, then sure as hell they don't want a child and they are not prepared to let this 'parasite' spoil their sex life. So let's kill the child. Let's murder our unborn child. Then we can have more sex. Another child? Let's abort that one too. Then we can have more sex, a different women this time.

Wow... it's a shame you so vehemently believe that tripe. Do you have an old-school view of sex as sinful, dirty etc? Are you... not getting any? Cuz it sure as hell seems like it.

And do you believe abortion is only the result of the sexual revolution?

It's always been a reality, whether legal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Thanks to Dudess, 'you're not getting any' more thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement