Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher Extended Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I heard problems with the patch being applied on a machine other than the one it was registered on so decided to just get the full pack.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Anyone playing the new version then? Loving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Absolutely. Best fantasy RPG I've played in years. Haven't been drawn into a world as much since I was a spotty teenager playing the original Baldur's Gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

Anyone playing the new version then? Loving it?
    I'm enjoying the EE for the most part. The new inventory system is certainly an improvement.

Some of the new voice work doesn't blend very well.

I'm into act 3 and the game often crashes after an hour or so of play, which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bought it on release day last year, didnt play it much though.. mainly due to the technical prolbems and the clunky combat but the story seemed good, tried to fire it up again recently but my AV had eaten one of its dlls for some reason :confused:

Might buy the EE now just to get it working again and to have the soundtrack

• Advertisement

So my dvd.co.uk order hasn't even completed yet. Seems they are out of stock too even though when i ordered it was definately in stock. So frustrating but i think i'll just wait it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

DONT DO IT ! !! !!! !!!!

This game captured my boyfriend for several days. He's only been released a short while -now this !

Revised Editions :(
    <shakes head sadly>

I ordered mine yesterday and got an email today at Noon:
    Dear ShiverinEskimo,

We thought you would like to know that the following items have been successfully processed and will shortly be dispatched to you by First Class post from our warehouse.

OC30087 The Witcher (PC)

If there were other items on your order, then these items will be dispatched separately and you will receive further dispatch eMails to let you know when these items have been shipped.

I ordered mine yesterday and got an email today at Noon:

from where?

Sorry, got mine from dvd.co.uk.

• Advertisement

How did you get yours before me so?

That's mine!

Ha Ha! I'll enjoy it even more now!! :D

I bought the original edition and will just update it - maybe you bought the new edition??

Honestly though I don't know. I'll believe it when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

indeed a very good game.
    Only gripe is I find myself humming Queen's, We will Rock you thanks to that stupid sound effect on entering doors :)

Ha Ha! I'll enjoy it even more now!! :D

I bought the original edition and will just update it - maybe you bought the new edition??

Honestly though I don't know. I'll believe it when I get it.

ah, yes, I ordered the Enhanced Edition.

I already downloaded the patch in about 2 minutes at work and stuck it on a pen drive so just decided all I needed was an original copy - couldn't be arsed with all the crap that comes with the enhanced edition.

You were probably right to do that as I have a feeling I'm only getting the DVD in a plastic case and none of the other extras.

I'd be happy with that at this stage if you're having to wait so long for it.

Hopefully it'll be here early/mid next week just in time for the following weekend. Only problem is I started Lost oDyssey on the xbox and it's a huge game so I might end up put The Witcher on the back burner.

This just becoming a conversation between us two but I picked up Lost Odyssey last month but thought it was utter crap. Could not get into it. And I enjoyed Eternal Sonata.

LO just felt slow and clunky.

Lost Odyssey was crap until you passed the first 'boss' on the mountain tops on the first mission. He was such a bastard to beat that by the time you did beat him, for me at least, I was invested and started getting into it. Really starting to like it now.

I'm loving that fact that RPGs are serving up strong titles again. Since Oblivion it was fairly quiet on the epic ones. The likes of Mass Effect, The Witcher were excellent. I liked Lost Odyssey, and then there is Fallout 3 due (mixed feelings though) and Fable 2 out shortly.

Great games for these cold, dark days ahead.

Why mixed feelings on Oblivion? Its Oblivion with guns! And no NPC levelling crap that was added into Oblivion after Morrowind (from what i hear).

Fallout 3 is going to be better than 10 Superbowls, I don't want to oversell it, judge for yourself.

• Advertisement

Yea I was absolutely dying to get my hands on it and then read some previews (check the Fallout 3 Thread) and it's not doing well at all - accusations of poor execution and poor texture work.

I hope they are all proved wrong but a few saying what you said - That it's Oblivion with guns and that in the 3 years since Oblivion it should have really been a lot more than that.

My copy just arrived in the post so installing it now. Also, its a full pack including game guide, map, audio cd and other crap. Great value at €19.

Mine arrived today too. Updating it now...

eughh, this is running like a dog.

Slow and clunky, it definately isn't my laptop specs. I went from 800x600 at low settings to 1280x800 at medium and the FPS only went from 40 to 35 so there's something else not right here.

When i click the character to move to a certain spot there seems to be a delay and slowdown. Not sure how to describe it other than that.

Anyone else getting similar performance issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Run fine for me, apart from CTD after a couple hours play.

Poxy update says "Modifying game files....this could take up to two hours"

Poxy update says "Modifying game files....this could take up to two hours"

*strokes Enhanced Edition box*

took 10 minutes to install for me :)

Well yours cost 5 euros more than mine. It's like paying myself 2.50 an hour. We're in a recession you know...

Wow the difference with the Enhanced Edition - 5 second load times. Fantastic.

Running v. smoothly on 1600x1200 with all high and hovering at about 45fps. Happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

quarryman wrote: »
    eughh, this is running like a dog.

Slow and clunky, it definately isn't my laptop specs. I went from 800x600 at low settings to 1280x800 at medium and the FPS only went from 40 to 35 so there's something else not right here.

When i click the character to move to a certain spot there seems to be a delay and slowdown. Not sure how to describe it other than that.

Anyone else getting similar performance issues?
    what's your system spec?

Advertisement