Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying 2nd hand 4x4

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

no they are also in 2.2turbo diesel and they are quite economical

they are cheap to buy vs a 4x4 and that tax ain't too bad at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

oflynno wrote: »
    no they are also in 2.2turbo diesel and they are quite economical

they are cheap to buy vs a 4x4 and that tax ain't too bad at that

Ok couldn't find any diesel models but will look again, could be a runner with a 2.2 diesel engine.

ching ching

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/837285

also search for estima or lucida

let me know the rough budget and the condition you want and i'll keep an eye out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

oflynno wrote: »
    ching ching

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/837285

also search for estima or lucida

let me know the rough budget and the condition you want and i'll keep an eye out

Nice one thanks for that. My budget would be around 4k sterling - will be going north or over to UK to buy as there's a lot more bang for buck over there. I searched autotrader again and found some diesel estima and lucidas, but I can't find any newer than 1999. Ideally I'd hope to go for a 01 or 02. Have they stopped making them, and if so would there be problems getting parts?

no they haven't stopped making them but ithink the model numbers changed

have a look on google images and you will see.

the other thing is the lucida and estima are jap imports,the previa is apparantley irish/english.the parts do slightly vary but all are availible.

the main dealers can be a waste of time but there are some good owners clubs in the uk that have sourced spares and of course good old ebay

i had to replace a cv joint 500yoyos plus vat from toyota or 150 yoyos including cdelivery to the door from the uk from ebay.and that was just for the part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement