Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cheap beer?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

rubadub wrote: »
    For The Women/Wusses? ;)
    Now that it is only 4%...
    So what's the minimum acceptable ABV of beer for manly men?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BeerNut wrote: »
    So what's the minimum acceptable ABV of beer for manly men?
    5% of course, do you know nothing??

I was only messing, but they did change it and it went un-noticed by many, price remained the same though they use less ingredients and there is less duty on it now too.

I love drinking low % beers, I remember in China downing 1 or 2% beers all day long, couldnt get too drunk and stay nicely hydrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

What the **** is up with all the people going for Bavaria??!! That stuff is disgusting! I makes me feel hungover before I get drunk!

Stella has to be number one;) I would choose that beer over any other.
    Dutch Gold is also not a bad beer for the price either:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What the **** is up with all the people going for Bavaria??!! That stuff is disgusting! I makes me feel hungover before I get drunk!

Ironic you say bavaria gives a hangover but stella doesn't :eek: , rocket fuel that stuff is :D :pac: , Not had dutch in ages so can't comment on that, tuborg and fosters are also decent cheap beers

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Ironic you say bavaria gives a hangover but stella doesn't :eek: ,
    +1
    I don't get too bad a head on it, but it has to be the no.1 beer I hear people complaining about for hangovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

:eek: Why the fcuk hasn't Tyskie been mentioned here? Beautiful beer, strong as an Ox at 5.4% and very reasonably priced.....

- Try it right now and just thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

Raiser wrote: »
    :eek: Why the fcuk hasn't Tyskie been mentioned here? Beautiful beer, strong as an Ox at 5.4% and very reasonably priced.....

- Try it right now and just thanks me later.

thats because its not a cheap beer,its 2.50 in some place for a bottle of it,2 euro for a can!:)

it is my favourite beer,and its 5.6% not 5.4%:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Dutch gold is ok but it needs to be ice cold! Gonna try bavaria tonight as its got a good few mentions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

wow, just goes to show how we're all made differently.

Stella is something I simply will not drink (unless it's Belgian Stella) for hangover reasons. I have to admit that I haven't drunk enough Bavaria to really test the hangover quotient, it doesn't taste bad and anyone who could be arsed reading my blog, when I could be arsed writing it, will know that Bavaria is a pretty environmentally friendly beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

+1 for warsteiner

tasty and very easy on the head the next day (relatively speaking of course)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

:DStella, tis an aquired taste...
    I just think it has this really unique taste to it and at first I hated it and then I just started to love it. And it gets you hammered, but if you drink enough of it you blank out, not in the same way as you do when you drink any other alcoholic beverage in excess though...
    tubourg also goes down easy

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

lmtduffy wrote: »
    Oranjeboom.

God i love oranjeboom. Had it when i was in amsterdam over the summer but i havent been able to find it since.

Fav cheap beer has to be Dutch or Tuborg. As for polish beers i have to go for Zywiec. I know its not cheap buts its still delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

The GPO off licence in Galway has it for €5 for 4 cans,

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Only problem with that is the fact that i live in Dublin :D
    Only seen it in bottle so far here and i only ever buy it when i have money to burn i.e. after payday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Bavaria FTW!!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

Prazsky ftw imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Rolling Rock was nice in the bottles when you could get them for €1.
    I remember the day I got 24 cans of Cobra for €24. Quality. Never saw Cobra cans again after that promotion.
    Bavaria and Prazky would be my favourite cheap ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,334 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Gabbo57 wrote: »
    Used to work for a well known offy chain. As far as i remember Rolling rock was taking of the market in ireland. I used to drink it, lovely beer. I don't know how anyone could drink hollandia/amsterdam though tbf

Rolling Rock is sold in Londis in Mervue in Galway.

A euro a bottle, cant go wrong !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

lolz @ people thinking Rolling Rock is a good beer. I drink Amsterdam, Oetinger, and sometimes Hollandia down here in Oz. The cheap euro beers taste way better than the horrible ozzy beers. If you want a good beer down here you have to buy the premium ones like Crown and James Boags. When I go back home I'll be all over the cheap beers like bavaria etc., I had some kind of snobbery about them.
    Stella in Ireland is English brewed and horrible, hangovers are mental off it. It's quite good in belgium though.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

nick23 wrote: »
    God i love oranjeboom. Had it when i was in amsterdam over the summer but i havent been able to find it since.

Fav cheap beer has to be Dutch or Tuborg. As for polish beers i have to go for Zywiec. I know its not cheap buts its still delicious!

Orangeboom was the biz in Holland. I can still get it back up North and although I still like it its a BUL, made by InBev in Luton. Like how far away is Holland from Luton FFS!!!:mad:

• Advertisement

BTW One of the best cheap beers in Grafenwalder from the Lidl

842_2004-12-09_Grafenwalder_Premium_Pils.jpg

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    BTW One of the best cheap beers in Grafenwalder from the Lidl
    Yes, very nice. Also nice is the the 6x500ml bottles of perlenbacher pils for €7

However I worry about the side effects of their really cheap beer, excelsior...

galactus1.jpg?w=400&h=391

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oranjeboom is a nice beer, too much isn't fun though. A lot of off licenses are stocking it these days.

Bavaria is alright... but Kerpackie is my new favourite - Fantastic beer for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yes, very nice. Also nice is the the 6x500ml bottles of perlenbacher pils for €7

However I worry about the side effects of their really cheap beer, excelsior...

galactus1.jpg?w=400&h=391

Does some one harbor ambition of been Galactus?

Your right, I forgot. Perlenbacher is better again and a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

I just got a case of Labatt Ice 20 bottles for 18 euro and think its nice similar to fosters but better quality. It reminds of rolling rock because of the case it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Dutch... 6 for 7 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Oranjeboom is a nice beer, too much isn't fun though. A lot of off licenses are stocking it these days.

Bavaria is alright... but Kerpackie is my new favourite - Fantastic beer for the money.

Yeah was just going to suggest it, four for a fiver, somewhat similar to bavaria in taste but no metallicness, plus 5%

Don't keep a head at all though.

Yeah was just going to suggest it, four for a fiver, somewhat similar to bavaria in taste but no metallicness, plus 5%

Don't keep a head at all though.

You would be better off not drinking then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Despite the ads, Stella is very cheap to buy. I can get a crate of 24 bottles (330ml not the small lidl ones) for the grand price of €24 in my local centra. I do like Bavaria crown though.

Advertisement