Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cheap beer?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

from bargain alerts - a deal on Grafenwalder weissbier in Lidl

from other posters its supposed to be like erdinger, so if that (type of watery weissbier) floats your boat i suppose its a good deal
    RayCon wrote: »
    Valid til 29th April ... *hic* ....

IE_39242wk17_01_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭seano12

Grolsch nuff'said great stuff 12 for 12.99

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

That's quite a bump. It's the time of year where good folk may be looking for a deal so if anyone spots something perhaps even out of the main-stream feel free to let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

seano12 wrote: »

Where is it available at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but I think Vratislav Premium Lager is a decent buy.
    Started out at €0.99 for a 500ml bottle in tesco, ya'll generally pick it up now for €1.19 a bottle.
    Good value for a decent Czech beer. I've 48 of them as part of my Christmas offering amongst other options.!

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Where is it available at that price?

Carry Out Off licenses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

24 500ml Bud for €25 in SuperQuinn

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    24 500ml Bud for €25 in SuperQuinn

piss water full of chemicals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I'd prefer a cheap best beer rather than a best cheap beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

piss water full of chemicals

Its not a craft beer but I dont mind it well chilled. And its cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My homebrew, got some good deals on kits and malt extract. Have 500ml bottles of stout and IPA that cost about 45 cent a bottle.

Extract and all grain brewers can do cheaper I think.

Chilling beers kill the taste buds making most poor beers taste decent.

The tesco lager in the grey can - €3.69 for 4 x 440ml @ 4.8% cans is actually very good I think. I prefer it to most if not all of the normal brands - Heineken, Stella etc. The 4% one in a blue can is not great. As a bonus you can often find it in the fridge area so chilled already. Try it before you knock it! Seems to be a relatively new addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I will drink almost any beer, but Grolsch is not one of them. Maybe its just my own taste but I´ve found it to be disgusting any time I´ve tried it.

I will drink almost any beer, but Grolsch is not one of them. Maybe its just my own taste but I´ve found it to be disgusting any time I´ve tried it.

me too, can't stand the stuff. I remember in college the bottle being a sort of novelty thing but that wore off quickly. I always thought that it has an undeserved reputation as a good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Finkbrau in LIDL is a decent enough pils. €4.50 for 10 small bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

perlenbacher in lidl especially the xxl 8 bottles for 7.29 or so.

perlenbacher in lidl especially the xxl 8 bottles for 7.29 or so.

yes this stuff is good. hate going to the bottle bank though!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i tried a can of breyser ? or whatever its called in Aldi the can looks remarkable like a can of bud. Luckily the contents taste much better. It could easily pass as a craft lager if they put fancy pictures on the tin. surprisingly nice. not too bitter but relativly hoppy for a 99c can.

Advertisement