Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Upcoming Police State: New laws with e100 on the spot fines for being drunk in public

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 CDfm

Boggle wrote: »
    None thats made the news you mean.
    Personally, having seen the gardai here and knowing how bent they are from personal experience, I do not accept that there has been any great reform of the gardai.
    Neither would a judge when faced with a non-scumbag so thats why this bill was introduced so that you could remove the discretion of a judge.

I do however, belive that there are some very good gardai out there who genuinely believe in what they are doing. Unfortunately, I belive that the only way to help these guys is to cull the bad apples out of the force so that wanting to do your job does not make you a leper.

all good arguments against summary justice, abandonment of jury trials and changing double jeopardy rules

seems very copycat british justice system to me

Advertisement