Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Police State: New laws with e100 on the spot fines for being drunk in public

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Boggle wrote: »
    None thats made the news you mean.
    Personally, having seen the gardai here and knowing how bent they are from personal experience, I do not accept that there has been any great reform of the gardai.
    Neither would a judge when faced with a non-scumbag so thats why this bill was introduced so that you could remove the discretion of a judge.

I do however, belive that there are some very good gardai out there who genuinely believe in what they are doing. Unfortunately, I belive that the only way to help these guys is to cull the bad apples out of the force so that wanting to do your job does not make you a leper.

all good arguments against summary justice, abandonment of jury trials and changing double jeopardy rules

seems very copycat british justice system to me

Advertisement