Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Trips from Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 robotfridge

Aye the duke sounds grand on thurs evening

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dap75au

I'd be up for a pre surf pint aswell. Thursday would be fine with me..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭amber1

hey henhen, I'm living in Waterford and am new to the surf game myself!! Getting a new cottage overlooking the sea only 5 mins from Tramore so if you fancy rocking down to waterford just let me know. Recently single and looking to get a lot more surf practise in as I'm bloody awful at the mo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gavDUB

So what did people think of Bundoran at the weekend , i took yeaterday off and stayed up an extra night defo worth it had such a day in rossnowlagh yesterday noone in the water.

anyone who PMed me about the accommodation im just waiting to get the number for the house as i lost my phone last over the weekend , will have it asap

so who is organising these drinks, cause it looks flat on the east coast for a while to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hen.Hen

Hi gavDUB, I appear to be organising the drinks. I'll be in The Duke on Thursday from 7, in a lovely green hoody, trying to exude an aura of general surf-ness, and hopefully not in there like a lemon on my ownsome.

I thought Rossnowlagh was a bit small on Friday-Saturday, but good enough for beginners like me. Atmosphere was fab on Friday night in the Bridge, wish I could have stayed for the whole festival!

• Advertisement

Hi HenHen, really sorry, but have a bit of a family thing that came up at last minute that I can't get out of. I hope it goes well and that people turn up. I promise (fingers crossed) to get along to the next thing being organised. Post up how it turns out.
    Cheers
    d

I'm heading into town now, and I'll be in the pub later - see you guys later (hopefully!)

Great to see everyone (well, all three of us), on Thursday. For anyone who didn't make it, a few pints were had, a variety of surf and non-surf conversation was made, and grand plans to take over the world were put in place. And we might be going surfing together.

Hen.Hen wrote: »
    Great to see everyone (well, all three of us), on Thursday. For anyone who didn't make it, a few pints were had, a variety of surf and non-surf conversation was made, and grand plans to take over the world were put in place. And we might be going surfing together.
    Bit difficult to just scoot up to Dublin for a pint but if I can make it next time I'll totally be there!!!xx

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

So, when is the next surf trip?

• Advertisement

At least you weren't sitting there by yourself then. Are any of you guys in the ECSC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

looks like there might be a few of us heading up to donegal this weekend. there is also an beginner/intermediate weekend in bundoran 18-19th if anyone is interested. Check it out
    http://www.bundoransurfco.com/Calendar/IntSurfWeekend.asp

tried contacting ECSC by email few months ago but never heard anything back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

napapa wrote: »
    looks like there might be a few of us heading up to donegal this weekend. there is also an beginner/intermediate weekend in bundoran 18-19th if anyone is interested. Check it out

hey, you still heading up this weekend? I'll be heading up Sat morn with a friend, hopefully either stay in that place you stayed the other week, or the surf company. Must meet up for a surf +/ a pint?

On another note anyone out in Dublin / Wicklow area this week? Is it worth the drive? :confused:

yeah,heading up saturday morning myself.should be there bout 10ish.i'll give you a shout when i get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

You guys should join the eastcoast surf club.
    They hold their meetngs on the first monday of every month in gleesons pub Booterstown.
    They arrange weekends away regularly and more adhoc weekends happen most weekends.
    They know their stuff with regards good spots, dependng on the weather.
    Also very welcoming to newbies.
    You can join online aswell as eastcoastsurfclub.com
    Well worth it.

checked out the ECSC website,i'd be well interested in joining the club. is it possible to pay membership for the last 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

is everyone headin to bundoran only? any takers for strandhill? any special reason for going to bundoran besides the beg/interm weekend? which is generally better?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I prefer Bundoran cos you get a choice of waves around there. Tullan is a wave magnet and when its too big or messy there is streedagh/rossknowlagh.
    Strandhill does my head in with rips :eek:

napapa wrote: »

Bugger it...I'm in Cork that weekend!! Anyone who want s to help me drown that weekend is invited!!! Not brave enough yet to go on my own!!!

Anyone in Cork that weekend??? I'm house sitting and not brave or good enough to attempt surfing on my own!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Does anyone know if it's worth taking a trip to Strandhill or Bundoran this weekend for some surfing?? I haven't been out for a while but i am dying to get out soon cause i'm away for the next few weeks.

How was last wkend? - decent surf?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Theres a decent swell predicted for this weekend on MSW. Im gonna head down on Saturady i think.
    As for last weekend, no not really anything great. Wasnt worth the trip:(

Advertisement