Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Trips from Dublin

Options
  • 13-09-2008 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Is anyone interested in travelling out west/south/north on a regular basis for a day or two's surfing, (probably at the weekend)? I'd rather go with others, and it'd be great to meet other people who understand the need to spend their free time wrapped in neoprene and braving freezing seas!

I've only been in Dublin for a few weeks, and don't have a car, but I might be getting one in the next couple of months, in the meantime, anyone looking to car-share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

i might be interested, what level are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

me too possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dap75au

I could be persuaded.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

I head west at least once a month,would like to go more often though,always room if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Hen.Hen

I'm still a beginner, off foam boards and onto 7'9''s, but I wipe-out a lot! Need all the practice I can get.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be rippin up the waves myself..I started about a year ago, on a 7'4 mini mal,I might head up to Donegal this weekend if conditions are right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

I'd be up for this too, got a car etc. Really want to get west as much as I can this Autumn. :)

If the surf's good, fancy a road trip this w/end then? I've nowt else on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gavDUB

hey im headin up this weekend and in the same boat on a bic 7, 9" since last winter . I go west about once a month a the moment but looking to get up more ofter

sounds good, I've got a motor and some rope....i'd like to go friday morning and come back sat evening if that suits any of you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Just a quick add-in here: best of luck with your surfing, etc.

Theres a sea-sessions thing on this weekend in Bundoran.
    Should be good craic, everywhere in town has events and stuff organised, and looks like there should be some good swell and not too bad winds too.

I'd be up for it this weekend too :D
    Might be tricky enough to get accom at this stage in Bundoran coz of the festival thingy!
    I wouldn't be able to leave until Friday evening. And home on Sunday eve if that suits?

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Just a quick add-in here: best of luck with your surfing, etc.

Theres a sea-sessions thing on this weekend in Bundoran.
    Should be good craic, everywhere in town has events and stuff organised, and looks like there should be some good swell and not too bad winds too.

Im going down to bundoran at the weekend but i dont think im gonna go to the festival, dont have the cash! should be a good buzz around anyway id say..anyway just wondering if there are many campsites around as i wanna do this as cheap as possible! i cant seem to find much info on campsites online so if your in the know please share;)

Im also hoping to get west as much as possible this year..aiming for twice a month. Im a beginner too riding a 7`4 mini mal and hoping to improve alot this year...

Last time i was camping, nearest legit campsite was just outside Ballyshannon,so we just just camped beside carpark at tullan. Don't think that will be a goer this weekend.

Not sure I can do winter seas followed by camping - I'd be in danger of freezing off valuable parts of my body!

I've got to see what happens work-wise this week: if I'm not working Friday it'd be great to get to the coast before hoards of people arrive, but if I'm temping I'll have to wait till Friday evening.

Is everyone Dublin City-based?

Don't think there will be anywhere to stay in bundoran with the sessions on..i'm livin in the burbs.

What about Lahinch instead? or Tramore?

I'm Northside, where all the really cool kids live.

i have a house booked for the weekend , there's about 10 of my mates going down. only 3 of us are surfing though the rest are just going for the music :mad:

Anyway i rent off a lady just outside bundoran on the sligo road she has 2 houses and only charges 20 per person per night. :D works out really well if only a couple of people are going down.

I can put people in touch but she likes to meet people first as she only rents to people she knows. If anyone is interested then a few of us can head down another weekend and ill book the house

Hen.Hen I'd prefer to head up to Donegal,should be good craic, I'm sure there'll be somewhere to crash.

GavDub-Wouldn't mind getting those details off ya,20 yoyos sounds pretty good to me.Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 surfin

There's a surf and Sea Festival happening in Tramore this weekend aswell

- I've signed up for the ladies surf weekend part of it; theres pilates and inidian head massage and BBQ & Beers part to it aswell..should be a great laugh if anyone else in interested in signing up... i signed up by myself so hopefully there will be a nice crew there..:) .surf school running it is Oceanic Manouvres .. that's definetly spelt wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dap75au

my board and wetsuit are down in kerry for the next few weeks, so I'm out of the game this weekend I'm afraid.
    Just on a side note...I've seen posts like these go up a few times before and it always seems that everyone is interested but because it's a pain in the ass to organise a trip away for a bunch of strangers, nothing ever happens. Maybe if people organised a meet up at one of the more local east coast beaches..say MM when the conditions are favourable then people could get to know each other and then a later trip to the west would be more likely to happen...
    Just my two cent(s) :-)

dap75au thats a great idea , would def be up for that before a long haul over west

MM sounds good to me too,will still be going Donegal on Friday,might see some of you there.

i'll be getting up there friday evening prob be in the bridge bar for a few that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 robotfridge

Id be up for heading west some weekends. Living in UCD but need to get my board and wetsuit down here from Derry before going. Dpnt know any surfers in the dublin area yet, but Im sure thatll change in the next month or so!
    A meeting before sounds good to get to know people, even go for a pint in town or something sure

that's a plan, and I like it. Would be good to do it soon, otherwise might get a bit drawn out / never happen.

how about: next thursday, 7pm at The Duke?
    A meeting before sounds good to get to know people, even go for a pint in town or something sure

Hen.Hen wrote: »
    that's a plan, and I like it. Would be good to do it soon, otherwise might get a bit drawn out / never happen.

how about: next thursday, 7pm at The Duke?

I'd be up for that for sure. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭KamikazeKenny81

Hey guys! Im Dublin based, been on a few surfing holidays this summer and really getting into it! Was planning to buy a board real soon but work is suddenly looking very ropey with this recession stuff. If ur still doing ur road trips down in a month or so i'd be well up for it! Got a car etc, just need the damn board (bit of a drawback that!)

id probably be up for a pint too, dont know the duke tho!!

• Advertisement

I've been reliably informed the Duke is a bit 'arty' - whoops (this is what happens when you hang around with actors all the time). If it's a bad choice, then wherever's good for a quiet pint - suggestions?

The Duke is on Duke Street, off Grafton Street.

I was over in Bundoran Friday/yesterday - nice surf, and wicked atmosphere, gutted I couldn't stay for the festival :(

Advertisement