Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sidearms ....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

NakedDex wrote: »
    You are not Keanu Reeves, this is not The Matrix, you cannot carry 2 rifles, 4 shotguns, 4 grenade launchers, 8 pistols etc into a fire fight and be effective. You might think you are, but some of us here have been around the block enough times to see people who think they can do it on the field. It's not pretty and it's not effective. It's akin to watching a duck waddling sometimes, people are so laden down. A sidearm is a holstered pistol, not a slung SMG or shotgun. If you truly, absolutely must have full auto in your secondary, why not get a Glock 18/26 or an M93?
    Also, duel wielding, while fun, is completely pointless unless you're doing it in a computer game or a movie.

Ah the voice of alledged experience. Sometimes it's handy to have the 3rd back up, especially when your mate doesn't have his secondary. Stop it with all the negative waves!!

Nobody stated to carrying a personal arsenal. Stop reading into what's not there.

Some of ye are forgetting that having the choice is what makes it appealing, or to others, carring the extra 5-10 kgs is nothing to them.

Are ye really telling me, you've never thought of concealing a G2 colt 25 in an ankle holster? Maybe you should, now that everyone knows ye have only 2 choices of gun.

Each to their own I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

g23.
    1.5 seconds of gas, more than enough for the mag.
    Small and efficient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

usually a KWA G18c with me and the blackhawk serpa, sometimes the G26c instead. have a few M9s and stuff too., oh and not forgetting stubby killer.,lo thats kinda a sidearm., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

P226, and 2 mags. I have to say, as soon as I have an excuse to drop my main gun and get down to the pistol, I can't draw it fast enough.

It's almost like the pistol is my main gun, and my AEG is just to help me get close enough to use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

It depends on what main you use if i bring the 8mm, i will the have the 32c 1911 2 revolvers and a mac 10 on a bungee sling, for those just in case moments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ah the voice of alledged experience. Sometimes it's handy to have the 3rd back up, especially when your mate doesn't have his secondary. Stop it with all the negative waves!!

Nobody stated to carrying a personal arsenal. Stop reading into what's not there.

Ah here, quit with the personal stuff. I was making a broad generalisation, I thought that would have been clear from the outlandish figures I put in and the comparison to a film. I have plenty of experience, but that's not the issue, I do find the "alleged" phrase in that quite offensive.

I have seen people with crazy amounts of kit on them. One person sticks out in my memory from about a year ago. Some form of M4+203 as a primary, and an M92 as a sidearm. Grand. He also had an MP7 on his lower back, a Mossberg shotgun, slung over his upper back, a pistol on each hip, a pistol on each thigh and a Derringer on his ankle. This guy though he was the mutts nutts but he was only effective as a bullet magnet. Ironically, the game involved no respawns, one hit kill, and the guy was taken out by a newbie with a rental MP5 and one mag.

I'm all for each to their own. I'll get up on a soapbox and defend anyone's right to use whatever the hell they want (except for box mags on assault rifles, but that's another story). All I'm saying is, going into a skirmish tooled up for World War Six is often more of a hindrance than a help.
    Use whatever the hell you want, it won't bother me. I'm just speaking from my experience personally, with my own kit, and from playing with/against hundreds of skirmishers across Ireland and the UK.

Anyway, back on topic.
    I'm considering getting some kind of revolver. Practicality be-damned, it'd be nice to draw on something beefier thanthe polymer frame pistols I usually tote, just for a change now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

I use a 1911 mainly, wit 2 spare mags.
    used to use a Glock 23 cos it was handy & compact but i started findinh it somewhat under powdered and consequently inaccurate, mostly due to its shorter barrel.

the 1911 will score head shots out to 30 yards about 7 times out of 10.

i also have a Glock 18c with a vertilcal foregrip for CQB or smg only games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Thats the thingy with a g23 I believe, G17 seems to have no difficulty over say a range of roughly 25-30 yds. same with my P226 but its heavier on gas I find.

The one big advantage of plastic slides over metal slides; they require less gas to cycle. My USPc never ceases to amaze me in that it's able to let loose around four full mags of ammo before regassing the mag. My old 229 could just about get off one and a half.

yeah, the usp compact has been on my list for a while, must get finger out and invest, might look into a metal slide also as an upgrade option....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

With practice duel wielding can be effective especially in indoor games though for outdoor use id agree that you would usually be better off with just one.

i fully and totally dissagree with this

if its accuracy and precision in a mill sim type enviroment your after then a p90 and g18c for back up are all anyone ever need

but when you want the opposition to just get there heads down there is nothing to match dual wielded support weapons its about bbs in the air and the noise generated

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ive got a kjw m9, we 1911, tom python revolver.

At the moment im using my M9 loads. Mainly because ive a savage holster for it.

I tried out the 2 and 3 pistols to carry, was too much, one is enough in fairness.

Need to buy some spare pistol mags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i like to stick 2 pistols in the mag pouches of my vest

i find that bits ease to manuver with them there and i find holsters slap arounf when running and hurt when hitting the dirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

p226, all the way (one mag) . Way more fun to use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

MP5

KJW P226

+ spare mags for both.

I agree with the poster who said not enough pistol events. I think my pistol has fired more rounds than the MP5.

Hmm, maybe a pistol only game me thinks. Face off!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I use the pistol for close range,
    Having said that at HRTA on sunday we did an ammo limit game with 300 rounds on single shot only. My pistol came in extremely handy.
    So i think its about how you use it and the scenario that your in.
    Were deffo doing more of those games next weekend.

Pistols only games in HRTA are some of the best fun you can have skirmishing. Often times not everyone has a pistol so those without them who wish to play will be allowed one midcap for their rifle and semi-only use. For the purpose of them, shot guns do count as usable too.

If I think there's one of these games on, I'll usually bring a few spare pistols for those who wouldn't have them. Just so they can get a flavour of why these games are so popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pistolakilla

pistols are the way to go at the mo im rockin my sig 226 and a co2 sigma long mag *soon to come pair p99 and possibly a glock or 2 ,,,,,, 6 pistols and get really close seems a little more personal "know wat i mean";)

Oooooookay.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Havn't skirmished yet but hopefully get some time off next week. Will be carrying my KJ M9 with 2 mags as a sidearm and my M16 as the primary, hope it's enough. Although I would love to carry a small armoury with me but me thinks if airsoft is anything like paintball then it will just slow me down.

Yeah its very true., i often dont even bother with the pistol, your often tempted to carry loads of gear but 10mins with all that and you knackered.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

yeesh - why do you think they call it a "secondary"

second == non-priciple of TWO*.

you guys must really hate yourselves to be running around with that much kit on - granted, I know who I'd be sticking close to when the ammo's running low.. :p

S&W Sigma 40F "secondary" - and as for the gun hit rule, hell, I'd sooner just respawn than carry more kit. :D

*not supposed to be a dictionary definition before someone goes correcting the point. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Stop it with all the negative waves!!

lol - g'wan Donald!!!!

Great movie
    :D

Seriously though - I agree with Dex.

(not an intentional repost, just couldn't let that quote go uncredited. ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Jasirl

Considering a USP or possibly a Desert Eagle, love Deagles but don't want people to think im compensating for something....

...which i totaly amn't ok? :D

I was playing with the HFC USP all day, shes a full auto/semi auto pistol with a metal slide and all, its a real competitor to the G18c me things., :) i'll have to be adding one of my collection.,
    Ive tried to like the deagle but no, its just not happening, even the TM one. its huge, uncomfortable, and fugly.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Jasirl

Hmm yeah, but now that i've unfortunately had time to consider USP's im not quite sure....

bah, ultimate solution for a sidearm is a spas 12, whip it out and scream like a madman.

Bound to get a few laughs :D

Ain't that a shotty?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

My WE M1911A has been extremely reliable and got me quite a few kills plus it looks groovy in my leather US shoulder holster :D

Have sold my KJW P226, eventhough it was a lovely GBB and felt great firing its too damn heavy to lug around.

Don't suppose the M79 can be counted as a secondary can it ;)

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    My WE M1911A has been extremely reliable and got me quite a few kills plus it looks groovy in my leather US shoulder holster :D

Have sold my KJW P226, eventhough it was a lovely GBB and felt great firing its too damn heavy to lug around.

Don't suppose the M79 can be counted as a secondary can it ;)

Whats your primary?

Advertisement