Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sidearms ....

Options
  • 13-09-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

sidearms is one all you carry ........
    me i carry 3 (one glock18c electric, two GBB = hicapa 1911 plus another glock ):D

you .......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

I carry;

Glock 27 KJW Metal slide in a custom Fobus holster,

5.1 Hicapa KJW Full metal Tanio Kobia Custom with a scope rail and red dot reflex sight plus 3 mags,

Berretta M1934 WA Shan Full metal,

1911 WE Full metal with custom polished lower reciever, Matt black painted slide and Khaki grips plus 3 mags.

Pics coming soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

A M11A1 & a ASG G1 pistol, couple of grenades & a short shotgun.

You can never have enough back ups!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

WE 1911
    KWA Glock 18c
    KJ Glock 32c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

TM socom
    or
    1 of several shotguns depending on my mood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Whats the reason for a secondary?....stopages, self defence, Ammo shortage, last resort. Carry more mags and ammo for your primary and practise your reload. You'll be too busy looking for the 1,2,or 3 back ups and get dead(in the game)

Unless theres a camera about, then its important to have as many piecs hanging off you as possible!!!! cos it looks cool.:P

Sig P226, or if I'm in a really sneaky mood Glock 19. Does what it says on the tin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

iceage wrote: »
    Whats the reason for a secondary?.....

the gun hit rule

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'll always take a Glock 17 with me, usually with 4 mags. The odd time I'll take a USPc or a P99 alongside it if I've loaded up light enough to allow it. I rather like using pistols in a game, it makes things a lot more interesting. Also, given I usually operate as the DM, I have to switch to a pistol when I get into a tight environ/house as my rifle would be far too awkward and long for FIBUA, so pistols are fairly important to me.

Also, there's not enough pistols-only games. People don't really appreciate how usefu and versatilel their sidearm is until they're forced to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

KJW M9 or Galaxy MP7 when its working...

Dex is right, you can do a lot of funny stuff with a pistol. *Que Dars "Hawks Roll". Must see if I can see why the M9 aint cycling properly..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Yeash!! Swat rolls.:D was navigating a fence once, fell over it, straight into a forward roll...up with the Glock 17!!! nobody saw nothin!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

With a bit of practice you can switch to a pistol a hell of a lot faster than reloading. I also find pistols great for CQB, the much smaller size can be a huge advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

lol

i carry a tm 357 long python revolver running butane
    and
    ksc m9
    or
    ksc g18c
    and kjw sig 226

but i carry a p90 for a secondary they are my thirdry and fourtherys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Tigger wrote: »
    lol

i carry a tm 357 long python revolver running butane
    and
    ksc m9
    or
    ksc g18c
    and kjw sig 226

but i carry a p90 for a secondary they are my thirdry and fourtherys

A P90 as a secondary? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! <runs and strokes his P90>

But yeah if you've a good game running then a pistol can be very very important! I've discovered this on several occasions - you're out of ammo or you feel the need to duel wield a glock and M4 (those zombies won't kill themselves you know!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Regardless of my primary gun i always carry a full metal 8mm mossberg in a scabbard as a secondary with 2 hfc m199's or 1 m199 and a Nbb Ruger + a Tornado grenade. All my back up guns get a huge amount of use as i switch to them in many other circumstances besides when my primary runs out. i easily get more kills with my shotty and my beretta's then i do with my Aeg's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Regardless of my primary gun i always carry a full metal 8mm mossberg in a scabbard as a secondary with 2 hfc m199's or 1 m199 and a Nbb Ruger + a Tornado grenade. All my back up guns get a huge amount of use as i switch to them in many other circumstances besides when my primary runs out. i easily get more kills with my shotty and my beretta's then i do with my Aeg's
    ahhhhhh the shorty, as yet i dont carry a side arm Bring on the D.E, for now my back up is my beloved shorty aka the widow maker :)

easily the most fun and intimidating gun ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

easily the most fun and intimidating gun ever :)
    just sits in a holster on my back waiting to punish bandits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

A HSC M92F Beretta with 1:mad: mag,
    and an M3 Shotty,

Becasue the only useless backup, is the backup you didnt bring:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I often wonder why people load themselves with loads of sidearms. You don't need that many and if you do, you're doing something seriously wrong somewhere along the line.

I carry either an M1911 or a USP Compact as my sidearm with three clips; 2 spare and one loaded. I usually only ever use the sidearm in really closed space or I am well and truly in the poo and about to get hit or some such.

That said, in Birmingham I only used my M60 with no sidearm (no holster) and tbh .... I never once came close to having to draw a sidearm. I just used the mag pouches for smoke grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Saving for KJW sig p226

Lemming wrote: »
    I often wonder why people load themselves with loads of sidearms. You don't need that many and if you do, you're doing something seriously wrong somewhere along the line.

I carry either an M1911 or a USP Compact as my sidearm with three clips; 2 spare and one loaded. I usually only ever use the sidearm in really closed space or I am well and truly in the poo and about to get hit or some such.

That said, in Birmingham I only used my M60 with no sidearm (no holster) and tbh .... I never once came close to having to draw a sidearm. I just used the mag pouches for smoke grenades.

in a decent woodland scenario i'm gonna be carrying a support *******
    i'f i have to go stealth then the support goes in a bush and its a p90 for crawling and sprinting

two pistols for dual wielding

ideally all i ever need is the modded g36

30 odd rps and the best range and accuracy of any thing i've fired no stock and a cmag but wher'sthe fun in that

its airsoft some times its more fun th die valliantly then to win in a practical manner

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    in a decent woodland scenario i'm gonna be carrying a support *******
    i'f i have to go stealth then the support goes in a bush and its a p90 for crawling and sprinting

two pistols for dual wielding

In a decent woodland scenario you're going to be utterly screwed if you're carrying that much kit. Birmingham was as good a woodland scenario as it gets, mixed with trenche-systems, bunkers, a village, etc. and honestly, if I'd been carrying an SMG/PDW and two pistols on top of my support AEG, I'd have had no chance at being able to move/crawl through some incredibly thick bush.

And whilst I'd agree fun is the name of the game, if you're unable to contribute because you're bogged down with too much equipment of your own choosing it's not going to be terribly enjoyable I should imagine. I'm not implying some sort of win-at-all-costs mentality; that's the direct polar-opposite of the above (i.e. no fun because it's neither realistic nor a challenge)

In a decent woodland scenario you're going to be utterly screwed if you're carrying that much kit. Birmingham was as good a woodland scenario as it gets, mixed with trenche-systems, bunkers, a village, etc. and honestly, if I'd been carrying an SMG/PDW and two pistols on top of my support AEG, I'd have had no chance at being able to move/crawl through some incredibly thick bush.

And whilst I'd agree fun is the name of the game, if you're unable to contribute because you're bogged down with too much equipment of your own choosing it's not going to be terribly enjoyable I should imagine. I'm not implying some sort of win-at-all-costs mentality; that's the direct polar-opposite of the above (i.e. no fun because it's neither realistic nor a challenge)

i see

i would have been able to crawl through tho

pistols are small and the p90 would hardly slow some one down

are you a vegitarian
    #
    to fini sh i would say wwrd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

1st: may run out of ammo, or a dead battery, or gearbox malfunction.
    2nd: may run out of ammo, gas or a dead battery, or gearbox malfunction.
    3rd: if it's an asg, no need for gas, battery, it's idiot proof ( cock & shoot ).
    4th+: personal choice, the last ditch gun, close quarters, before the position is over run ( shotty or grenades )

1st: may run out of ammo, or a dead battery, or gearbox malfunction.
    2nd: may run out of ammo, gas or a dead battery, or gearbox malfunction.
    3rd: if it's an asg, no need for gas, battery, it's idiot proof ( cock & shoot ).
    4th+: personal choice, the last ditch gun, close quarters, before the position is over run ( shotty or grenades )

Fair enough. Couple of points though;
    • How often are you likely to need triple redundancy, never anything greater?
    • Why not carry a spare battery instead of a completely seperate backup. It's lighter and takes up less space. If you need to change battery, whip the secondary out 'just in case' and then compete the battery reconnect
    • Instead of carrying more ammo for your primary, you now have to carry more ammo spread across different magazine types (which takes up even more space) which you then have to remember where what goes where on your webbing. IMO, "less is more" in terms of what you have on/in your webbing.
    • I would have thought your secondary is "last ditch" since you're up close and personal and/or out of ammo. How often do you actually use your secondary? I go through days of never even needing it.

Anyway, it's up to whatever the person in question wants to do. That's just my own personal opinion on the matter.

And Tigger, what the hell does my being/not being vegetarian have to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Dragon We Hi Cappa :)
    my new baby

sometimes ill use the m500 shotty as a sidearm too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

One side arm with a couple of mags is more than enough for pretty much any situation. If you need more than that, it's not another gun you need, it's another gunner. If it's gotten to a situation where your primary is dry/dead and you don't think you're going to make it through an area using just your sidearm, call in some back up instead. That's what your team mates are there for.
    You are not Keanu Reeves, this is not The Matrix, you cannot carry 2 rifles, 4 shotguns, 4 grenade launchers, 8 pistols etc into a fire fight and be effective. You might think you are, but some of us here have been around the block enough times to see people who think they can do it on the field. It's not pretty and it's not effective. It's akin to watching a duck waddling sometimes, people are so laden down. A sidearm is a holstered pistol, not a slung SMG or shotgun. If you truly, absolutely must have full auto in your secondary, why not get a Glock 18/26 or an M93?

Also, duel wielding, while fun, is completely pointless unless you're doing it in a computer game or a movie.

Also, duel wielding, while fun, is completely pointless unless you're doing it in a computer game or a movie.
    With practice duel wielding can be effective especially in indoor games though for outdoor use id agree that you would usually be better off with just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I have a GBB Glock 17 and GBB M1911, with a couple of mags each, although I only carry one at any time.

There have been plenty of times I've needed my pistol. Most often when I'm crawling for a flag or objective in CQB, its just far easier to crawl/roll quickly when I dont need to haul my primary but can still defend myself.

Also when I here a "ping" of my primary, I know I've got a back-up to keep playing.

To each their own, but no-one could convince me otherwise as to the usefulness of having a sidearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Lads ....
    I started this thread to see what other people carry not why ..... FUN FUN
    also what if your long arm (m-4 ,AK etc...) is hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

That would be one of the main reasons I carry one. Only problem I have though is My M1911 is Uber-cool:D, but it has less mag capacity then my Glock(which isnt bad looking!!). Sigh, Decision, Decisions!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no war was ever lost for having too many Guns!!!:D

Advertisement