Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tell your story ..... I found Airsoft when .....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

For me it all started off in 2003 with our own homemade "close-peg" guns which were made with elastic bands and close-pegs strectched along a 2X1 with another close peg for a trigger, by late 2004 we had an armoury of orginal peg guns,(some with paint jobs!) a sniper rifle multi-shot rifles,LMGS and pistols even a rotating gatling gun which took two guys to operate it. then all that blew over in summer 2005 with the advent of springers and in 2006 upgraded to AEGs. We didnt even realise airsoft was legal so we continued skirmishing in our local woods like we always did and we did wear safety goggles and had our own rules,safe zone etc... till someone discovered Airsoft,HRTA1 and AI mag all in september 2006 same time I joined the RDF so it all came together really:D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

I found Airsoft when .....

senor ding dong mentioned it at a poker night and i had enough free time in work to become obsessed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

My thanks to one and all for your stories

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭irlande

One of the lads in college told me he couldn't get his own paintball gun because he needed a license......few days later he said he was looking into getting an airsoft rifle.....

Having met so many new people and so many great experiences playing airsoft, I have to say, I'm glad paintball sucks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

I had a few springers back in the mid nineties, but always wondered why no-one had ever made realistic pistols with a blowback mechanism and proper loading actions etc (i genuinely had no idea they existed). Then about 8 years ago I stumbled across a website, quite possibly Redwolf, detailing the sport of airsoft and the various different pistols and AEGs available, couldn't believe it.

I heard about airsoft being legalised in Ireland around September 2006 and straight away ordered a gold Western Arms 1911A1. The rest is quite obviously history... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement