Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading with O2 (Pay Monthly)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

SDooM wrote: »
    After 10 years, including 2 as an employee, I have left O2.

I did not wish to: I was perfectly happy with them, and was effectively driven away.

Money talks as I always say people. Stop complaining and walk away.

Irony is I have spend by the new criteria, they're just not authorising any upgrades at this point.

Sorry about your upgrade, hope you chose vodafone or 3:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Sorry about your upgrade, hope you chose vodafone or 3:confused:

Went with 3, I have a couple of people on the inside so hopefully the sucky customer care wont affect me too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I thought 3 customer care was supposted to be quite good, my brother had a problem (they had his bank acc. number wrong, v honest of him to tell 3) and although he was on the phone to India, the person spoke good english and sorted all the problems..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

KatCookie wrote: »
    I thought 3 customer care was supposted to be quite good, my brother had a problem (they had his bank acc. number wrong, v honest of him to tell 3) and although he was on the phone to India, the person spoke good english and sorted all the problems..

I actually know several 3 employees and even they will tell you their CC is atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

three's phone service has been quite good and relatively hassle free for me on bill pay but anything to do with the handsets forget it as they dont allow updates at all for any handsets and their technical department is not great for basic troubleshooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

andyeire wrote: »
    The cc rep told me that it was in the contract that they could grant and withdraw upgrades at will.

My point was they contacted me to get me on a new 18 month contract 3 months before my original contract expired .I agreed to do this on the understanding that i could upgrade my existing handset.This was 6 weeks ago

I didn't sign a new contract as it was all done over the phone.I even rang them back a few days later to confirm the upgrade situation .

Now they insist i keep to my side of the agreement but they will not honor theirs .

And yes i will move all of my business away from O2 but it will cost me over 360 euro to get out of my new 18 month contract.

Is this legal?

Small claims court? Leave the contract, pay the money and take them and see how it goes, it costs very little and would be worth it to stick it to O2. Chances are they wont even turn up and you will win by default.

basically they promised a service(ability to upgrade) as part of your new contract whether in writing or verbally and they now say they will not honour that particular part of the deal so this is surely not legal or at least provides anyone involved with grounds to terminate the contract if it has started. delaying untill the promised changes in January could be seen as acceptance of the situation as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If you were put into a new contract under the assumption you were been given an upgrade or already entitled to one and dont want to remain in the contract just ring them and they'll take you out of it, you should have been sent a letter informing you of the verbal contract and if you werent agreeing to it to respond within 7 days, if you didnt get the letter, no contract, simple as, its something they are taking people who are understandably miffed about out of commitment for

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Surely a verbal contract is not worth the paper its written on......

I'm in the same boat as the rest, due an upgrade, they phoned me and offered a new contract seemed ok at the time but upgrade now gone. I can't honestly remember getting a letter from them confirming or otherwise the contract. So as far as I'm concerned they can go to hell. The small claims idea is a good one even if I have to cough up a few euro to O2 prior to the claim.

We shall see what happens,

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Anyone smart enough would get off the o2 network as quick as possible. And to the people that got a call off o2 asking them to change their tariff and sign another 18 month contract. Just port off and dont pay the bill. Nothing happens anyway. I know loads of people who have just ported and not paid the remaining amount on the bill because they felt ****ed over. They send you a few letters trying to scare you but feak all they can do about it really. Debt collection letters is about as far as it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Reading this Ive never been so glad I changed network a while ago. Ive been with 3 since January, and they tell me Im due an upgrade of some description in three weeks. And their tariff meant my bills halved anyway.

As everyone else says here. Vote with your feet and leave o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Aepos wrote: »
    Surely a verbal contract is not worth the paper its written on......

I'm in the same boat as the rest, due an upgrade, they phoned me and offered a new contract seemed ok at the time but upgrade now gone. I can't honestly remember getting a letter from them confirming or otherwise the contract. So as far as I'm concerned they can go to hell. The small claims idea is a good one even if I have to cough up a few euro to O2 prior to the claim.

We shall see what happens,

Same here ring them tell them you did not get letter and want to go back to old contract.IF they argue ask for recording of the call where you agreed to new contract .This call will have cc rep promising upgrade so they will not give it to you and will have to let you out of contract.

This has been posted on this thread before and i can vouch for it it worked for me.

Got letter from O2 reinstating upgrade from the 1st of November.By way of compensation an offer to buy priority tickets for a concert at the point.

Looks like they have been forced to back down.

Got letter from O2 reinstating upgrade from the 1st of November.By way of compensation an offer to buy priority tickets for a concert at the point.

Looks like they have been forced to back down.
    can you let people know if you get your old upgrade reinstated in November or if it has been reduced in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

the letter is going to people who got their upgrade approved before the 12th of september (the day the new upgrade policy came into effect)

foggy_lad wrote: »
    can you let people know if you get your old upgrade reinstated in November or if it has been reduced in any way?

Was originally platinum then went to gold then nothing now back to platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Was originally platinum then went to gold then nothing now back to platinum.

Its not that their backing down that was the plan all a long but what I understood was that you got free priority booking and not paid booking

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chinese Mafia

They have reverted the criteria to normal!!!! well I guess they are as some people are saying that they have an upgrade again. Does it have something to do with being the first of the month or has someone made a mistake. If you think you should have an upgrade go check it now!

Absolutely mental

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Yeah it's true o2 have dropped the spend amount back to something realistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

Got the call about changing to an 18 month contract.

Glad I was so cynical about it now and didn't lock in.

No worries I am out of contract and will change when the phone needs it.

Bye Bye 02

• Advertisement
Advertisement