Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhotoBox - Large Photo Collage £1

Options
  • 12-09-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Promotion here.. but read below:
    Photobox (www.photobox.co.uk) presently has an offer to purchase a large photo collage (30" x 20") for only £1 (RRP £17.99). This is supposed to have a minimum spend of £30. However I have discovered that if you put at least 3 collages, which can all be different, in your basket, they get confused and discount every collage to £1!! I have ordered 6, paying just £1 each + postage. They also dispatched them within a couple of hours!

Offer ends 15/09/08 so get in there quick for a real bargain and create a lasting display of your holiday pics!
    Add the code SEPCOLLAGE1 at checkout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

Jus tried this and worked a treat. Cheers for that basquille!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

How much did ye pay in total? Mine is coming up as £7.50 for 3 collages plus delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

Yeah it was £7.50 in total for delivery to ireland. It's on till the 15th, hopefully they won't cop on till after the weekend, be good to do some more over weekend. The old collages take a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Nice find basquille. Thanks.

I'd love to know how you "discovered" this little flaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I wonder if they'll cop after hundreds of people try it.
    I wonder does it work for other offers...
    I wonder too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

Nice one cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Three collages created and ordered :-)
    Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wahey.. mine was despatched this morning. Really didn't think they'd honour it! ;)

Fair play Photobox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Also don't forget your getting 40 free prints if you have just signed up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

great spot thanks a lot. Now all I need is a new house to hang them all in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Wow.. make sure you check your credit card statements. Be a pretty nasty surprise if they actually took the full amount of €93 out of your card.

kendragon wrote: »
    Wow.. make sure you check your credit card statements. Be a pretty nasty surprise if they actually took the full amount of €93 out of your card.
    They can't without running it by you first... it's basic consumer law.

They'd have to contact you and state it was a misprice, then offer it to you at it's normal price of €93 - which you could accept or deny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Cheers, 2 sets of 3 collages ordered, the P+P went crazy with 6 in one order so had to split up

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

slave1 wrote: »
    Cheers, 2 sets of 3 collages ordered, the P+P went crazy with 6 in one order so had to split up

They must have fixed it up. I am getting just over 40 sterling for 3 collages now which is the cost of 3 minus 1. Was away for the weekend so only saw it now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭liamtinney

They have their problem sorted now so no more bargins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

I signed up for the 100 free prints offer a few weeks back and forgot that they expired after a fortnight! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Placed the order on the 13th...came up as 7.50 sterling for 3 collages, it still comes up as printing...I don't think they're gonna honour it.....Just wait and see at this stage I suppose!

Cheers,

Magic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

In the same boat as you magicEye. I did two orders, one on the 13th and one on the 14th both still say Printing.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it would normally take to dispatch? I wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't honoured although you would expect an e-mail soon enough saying so.

johnfás wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of how long it would normally take to dispatch? I wouldn't be surprised it it wasn't honoured although you would expect an e-mail soon enough saying so.
    I placed my order at 12.45am on Friday night.. and it was despatched just over 7 hours later at 7.59am.

yeah, mine are printing too, well it's only Monday so maybe they catch up weekend orders on a Monday? anyhow, fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, T+C

"Once you have placed an order for any products or services through our websites (including any order for printing services), the order will not be treated as having been accepted until you receive confirmation from us that this is the case. This confirmation may be provided by email or post."

and I say we've all received confirmation emails so this is good, but the next T+C is not good

"Only one collage print per order"

only time will tell........

Well, Photobox have already charged the €9.54 to my credit card.. so I'm set! :D

In this case, I'm sorted too....:)€9.73 EUR. Fingers crossed now!!! :p

Cheers,

Magic

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Same here €9.63!! :D

Me too!

And I got the best rate of the three of us :D

PHOTOBOX LTD 9.55
    PHOTOBOX LTD 9.55

Nope, you're second best, Johnfás!!! Basquille is the best by a huge difference of 1 cent....

It seems I'm the most expensive....cheeky paypal :mad:

That is good to know though magicEye, that you used paypal. I use it obviously when I use eBay because you don't have much choice but I have always wondered comparatively what they charge on exchange transactions. Now I know that my Mastercard gives me a better rate. I am still unsure whether a Laser card gives me a better rate again or whether they both give me the same as they are tied to the same bank. Would be interesting if anyone knew? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭CASEsensitive

Just got the following email from photobox

Due to a high demand for our products caused by a large uptake on the promotions that we are currently running, we're writing to let you know that on this occasion the Poster or Collage order you placed may take an additional 5 working days before being dispatched.

We are doing everything possible to get your order to you as soon as possible and thank you for your patience.

Best regards

The Photobox team

Jaysus.. fair fecks to Photobox.

They could have cancelled those orders .. but have decided to honour them at the incorrect price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Jaysus I hope they do honour them. Spent flippin hours on Sunday night picking out the best pics of the family, zooming, cropping... I was goggle eyed and was about to give up and leave it till Monday. Just as well I didn't. :)

Brilliant Bargain alert! Cheers Basquille

Advertisement