Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Speeding Fine

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see the anti-high-horse brigade is out in force today. If octane.ie is so much better why are you even here?

OP, sorry about the points but you'll want to slow down if you're not sure what the speed limit is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I feel your pain, just got points in the post today, offence was on 13th July, so i receive it 3 months later, some jip that is.

Was doing 84kph in a 60kph zone. No real excuses I guess.

Thing is though, there's a huge discrepancy on it. It says M1 Santry, if it's the M1 surely on a motorway the speed limit would be 110?

Anyone drive there regularly and know anything about speed-checks and limits, as I'm rarely out that way?

I would check that fine. Its 80km from exit of Tunnel (Start of M1), from Whitehall Church to Tunnel exit is 60Km, but that is N1. You sure its not typo in your OP. The limit then rises to 120km past the airport going north bound.

There was a case of motorists being done in Drogheda on the N1 for 80km, the actual limit is 100km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I think I've four points on the way from the one Gatso van, one morning travelling in both directions...only half an hour apart. Was only on the way back up that I spotted the fecker! was doing about 35mph in both directions I'd day, in a 30mph zone (Thats 50km/h for you metric folks!)
    So, taking it on the chin will the way it's gotta be!

It's very hard to drive just at 30mph in some cars, 3rd gear is revving, and 4th gear will take you over the speed limit too easily.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Amazing the way you get more replies to typos.

ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The mainline M1 is not 60kmh in general, but are there not some roadworks around the M50/M1 junction, these could have this limit.

Or perhaps the road was the N1, in which case you have a defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,549 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The airport spur is 60km/h - they may have a fuzzy defintion of 'Santry'!

You could call the points office and ask for the full location of the offence, there is a chance they messed up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brianomurphy

Mylow wrote: »
    I would check that fine. Its 80km from exit of Tunnel (Start of M1), from Whitehall Church to Tunnel exit is 60Km, but that is N1. You sure its not typo in your OP. The limit then rises to 120km past the airport going north bound.

There was a case of motorists being done in Drogheda on the N1 for 80km, the actual limit is 100km.

After mailing npo, I got the following details:

With regard to your query outlined below, please be advised that the location we have for the Mobile Gatzo Unit that day was "Between the entrance of the port tunnel and the fly over for Santry heading inbound".

So is the Santry fly-over before the port tunnel heading inbound towards Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

gman2k wrote: »
    It's very hard to drive just at 30mph in some cars, 3rd gear is revving, and 4th gear will take you over the speed limit too easily.

3rd gear is "revving" at 30 mph? In what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Zube wrote: »
    3rd gear is "revving" at 30 mph? In what?
    Obviously one of the many people who believe their car will spontaneously combust if their engine goes over 3,000rpm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

With regard to your query outlined below, please be advised that the location we have for the Mobile Gatzo Unit that day was "Between the entrance of the port tunnel and the fly over for Santry heading inbound".

this sounds very much like the N1, not the M1, where the speed limit is indeed 60.

Advertisement