Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Piss Up

Options
  • 08-09-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

des mentioned this a few weeks ago, so i said i would start a new thread on it. so, what suits?

2 options - tues/wed/thurs or a fri/sat option?

personally, i don mind either way, but im voting for mid week as i love mid week piss up!!!!

im thinking maybe after one of our friendlies before the season starts, so anytime in the next 3 weeks really. any other suggestions?

so, who is in!? considering that we have 8 new players, i think it will be a good idea.

Which night suits you? 9 votes

Midweek - Tuesday, Wed or Thur.
    0%
    Weekend - Friday or Saturday.
    100%
    emc2homerjay2005NunuBagglydfx-thelepoFatmagwolfensteinsockdolage 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh I'd be up for this. Anytime suits me. Not back in work for a month

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Midweek for me - I'd be in if it's not in the next two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

maybe wednesday or thursday 2 weeks, the 24th or 25th....but will wait to see how the thread pans out before deciding...

feel free to add dates and venues.

**coughs** flannerys....... :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

**coughs** flannerys....... :D

flannerys +1 then coppers:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

midweek for me too....

I am away for a week from Friday so as long as it doesn't happen next week I am on for it.

How about the Thursday after our first game of the season? Venue I don't mind too much about...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have the final say here lads.

It's going to be a weekend night. It's not going to be poxy Flannery's. And it certainly won't be Coppers. I'm barred from there for fathering a child.

The. End.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Weekend suits me better though could possibly do a Thursday night.

If it's a weekend I can't do w/e of 20/21st as I'm in England.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    If it's a weekend I can't do w/e of 20/21st as I'm in England.

all ireland football final anyway, no point. you wont be able to move in pubs in town.will leave this thread run and see who wants what and we can decide then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Voted midweek, if it's happening this month cos I can't make it if it's any of the next 3 weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Sparkling waters all round lads since we're all in training??:D

Sparkling waters all round lads since we're all in training??:D

well if last years session is anythingto go by, its jaeger bombs all round. that was a tuesday nite i think....great nite. dont mind your weekend nites, getting up in the morning after 15 pints and 3 hours sleep, only adds to the occasion!

and des, flannerys all the way buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I wouldn't mind a shandy or two with you gentlemen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Assuming i'm not working on whatever night this is on, i'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

Midweek - Flannerys and Coppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wolfenstein

I can't go if its the 25th but other than that I'm easy

we can chat about this on monday after the game.

looks like des is loosing his one man battle for flannerys exclusion!!!

No Flannerys and no Coppers please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I too wuld veto Coppers and Flannerys given the option. However, I'll go if it be the will of the team.

ah jeasus lads, where is your sense of adventure. there aint no better place for the team to go. we will have a super night if we were to go there, fact. lets do this in style and go f*cking mental!!

• Advertisement

Sense of adventure? Ed, you need to get out more often if you think going to Coppers is adventurous :eek:

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Sense of adventure? Ed, you need to get out more often if you think going to Coppers is adventurous :eek:

yes, yes it is. a trip to coppers is an adventure.

completely forgot about this....this needs to happen next week as the season starts on the monday after, does that suit everybody? me and des will text everybody this week. i suppose monday night after the game next week is a no go? i honestly dont mind anyway, i will go any night of the week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thursday is probably the earliest in the week I can do but i'm flexible for location.. coppers :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh would be good to get this done so lads get to know each other better before the season starts.

Unfortunately I'm mad busy in work so stumbling won't be able to pull of stumbling in hungover but I know if I went out on a Monday with good intentions of leaving early (and in fairness if it was to be Coppers that'd be a pretty good incentive to bail early before some nurse that's larger than your average wilderbeast takes a fancy to you and decides to ate ya)....but I know I'd end up swilling pints and playing 'Spot the Non-Hiedously Ugly Bird in Coppers, There Must Be One' till all hours. So if it could be done on a Thursday that'd suit better cos ya can pull off a hangover on a Friday no bother.

ok so, can we agree on thursday the 2nd so?

anybody suggest anything else? i will send a group text later on if needs be anyway.

venue, can then be decided. i honestly dont care where we go. but not messers, des is away too fond of that place!!!!! need a place with a bit more talent life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'm working 12 hrs Thursday and then 12 hrs again Friday so not a hope I'd be going out Thurs night.

I'll suggest Tuesday...because i'm off on Wednesday!:D

Thursday 2nd suits me.

ill text everybody tonight after work, o2 texts blocked in here.

so, ill go with the thur (eddie, going to work hungover is way more fun!!) and see who is around, but will also invite suggestions for venue and date.

unless, anybody has a differnet night?

• Advertisement

ill text everybody tonight after work, o2 texts blocked in here.

so, ill go with the thur (eddie, going to work hungover is way more fun!!) and see who is around, but will also invite suggestions for venue and date.

unless, anybody has a differnet night?

doyles followed by Q bar :D:D

or

21:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement