Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperados Beer..

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There's an off-license on Wexford St that sells it. I think it was the Whelans's one I was in. It's €2.55 a bottle :eek:

Thats steep,there only 330ml bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

its available in nearly every off licence now as the major distributors are pushing it, cheapest ive seen is 2 50 a bottle, but some places youll get a 5 for 10 euro deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

They had it in a Molloys offy. I had asked at the time for some Spanish beer for the world cup and the cashier pointed to this stuff. It is indeed far too sweet in that I had to give the bottles away!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

What Molloys was that do you mind me asking ?they need a slap for saying its spanish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Desperados is bloody awful stuff. Its also French, not Mexican. You're as well off buying yourself a shandy if you're after that sort of taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

What Molloys was that do you mind me asking ?they need a slap for saying its spanish

Back then, it was in Finglas. There was no other Spanish beer around and the fellow pointed me to Desperados even though its not Spanish(I realised that after when I got home)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's horrible, horrible muck. Like drinking a bottle of lemonade with a dash of lager. How anyone could like it is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Yu Suzuki

I absolutely love it. Since I first had it about four weeks ago, I find Lager very very bland. 5.9% is just a bonus... :) The only problem is my local off licence is regularly sold out of it due to it's popularity.

Vile stuff, tried it a few months ago. One sip, spat it out in disgust and poured the bottle down the sink!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

its available in nearly every off licence now as the major distributors are pushing it, cheapest ive seen is 2 50 a bottle, but some places youll get a 5 for 10 euro deal.
    Its €1.99 in the majority of Cork/Limerick offies i've seen it in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Manwell

:cool: :pac: :pac: :pac:
    Desperados is not Mexican as Corona and Sol but French. Its name is not even in spanish, but in old fashion western movie english and means outlaws.
    Negra Modelo is a really good beer for me too. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_13092.htm

probably the same muck in a different bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I love it, discovered it in spain about 4 years ago and was delighted when my local off licence started stocking it last year. Its €1.79 a bottle in Gormleys letterkenny and the same price in Kernans in Newtowncunningham and also Kernans in Stranorlar.

I always keep a few bottles of it in the fridge. Its not a drink i could drink all night but 2 or 3 ice cold bottles of it is perfect.

I got some of the El Tequito stuff from lidl and I'd say its the exact same beer as it tastes identical and has the same 5.9% alcohol content.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

CJC999 wrote: »
    I'd say its the exact same beer
    Fairly sure it's from a German brewery. Heineken don't normally do contract stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

CJC999 wrote: »
    2 or 3 ice cold bottles of it is perfect.

When your beer is cold enough not to have any taste, sure it's grand. That's the whole marketing strategy of Coors and Heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

ive been finding its harder to get in last while i too enjoy it from time to time but have been unable to get it for some time now :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I really like it but i got whopping hangovers from it. And it gives me the "squirts" for a day or 2 after

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

How much is a bottle of desp in the offie? my local offie had 4 brahams for fiver. Suposed to taste similar..?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

wacotaco wrote: »
    How much is a bottle of desp in the offie? my local offie had 4 brahams for fiver. Suposed to taste similar..?

Not similar at all.
    Brahama is a light tasting lager.
    Desparados is a lager base with sweeteners and lime and tequila flavourings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Seen Desparados in my local Centra yesterday , after I waded through 10 foot high stacks of Bud, Carlsbad and Heino. I had one bottle of it in a sh1ty guesthouse in France - never again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I actually really like Desperados tbh.

With regards to price, I've seen it in Tesco at 8 euro for a 3 pack, which I personally find pretty steep.

That said, my local off-license sells it at 10 bottles for 10 euro, which has gotten me wasted many a time. It's a bit stronger than most beers, so it's great for getting drunk if that's your aim. It's quite sweet though, so I'd only really drink a bottle or two in any given night.

Advertisement