Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Episode 301, Probably Spoilers in here

Options
  • 05-09-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Not a fantastic episode in my opinion, but I suppose it's all about setting up the season at this point. Lovely little surprise at the end :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Have it downloading now. Looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

YAY..

YAY..

YAY..

YAY..

YAY..

YAY..

YAY..

YAY..

YAY..

.. I'm moderately excited! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

loved it, loved it, loved it, loved it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This has been leaked???? Sweet!

*****s self in anticipation*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I liked the fact that
    Dexter killed a (relative) innocent and I hope to see him further examine himself and question the kill. It's certainly not the end of the Freebow thing and I wonder if people will be on Dexter's trail again.

Debbie was a bit irritating in this - her whiny, little princess attitude to both Dexter and Batista grated. She didn't cut Dexter any slack or listen to him saying he had an alternate approach to honouring Harry. Her pissy look when Angel got his Sergeant badge made me want to slap her. Her new hair is crap too! Bah!

Dexter himself was good and I liked his moment with Cody (the actor seemed to have doubled in size since the last season). Shows he can have a caring side. As to him being a Dad? To be honest, I pretty much guessed that twist and I'm a little disappointed in the "soap opera" nature of it. I'd have thought Dexter would take more care but how this makes him feel might be something interesting.

Finally, I couldn't take Jimmy Smits seriously. It's not because he's not good, it's because I'm currently on Season 6 of "The West Wing" which he's in, and I can't help seeing him as an evil mirror universe version of Senator Santos...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ah I enjoyed it its good to have the team back, also Dex playing happy families with Rita and the kids, makes me more worried about him messing up and getting caught out, I was worried when he lost the crown that the cops would have found it. have to say Rita is one sexy milf mounting dex the way she did during the episode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

On to the American Cousins as we speak - can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Didn't live up to Season 2 IMO.
    Also the fact that Rita gets preggers is so bloody predictable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

DHL have already delivered to me. :D

Will watch tonight. :)

Didn't live up to Season 2 IMO.
    It's only the first episode! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

ixoy wrote: »
    I liked the fact that
    Dexter killed a (relative) innocent and I hope to see him further examine himself and question the kill.

I agree to an extent, however,
    I hope it doesn't become too reminiscent of the 'Bay Harbour Butcher' storyline - Dexter working on a case on his own victim.

The end makes you wonder
    if the kill was done by Freebow, or were they setting up the new bad guy of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

basquille wrote: »
    It's only the first episode! :eek:

And S2E01 was miles better.... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ixoy wrote: »

Dexter himself was good and I liked his moment with Cody (the actor seemed to have doubled in size since the last season). Shows he can have a caring side. As to him being a Dad? To be honest, I pretty much guessed that twist and I'm a little disappointed in the "soap opera" nature of it. I'd have thought Dexter would take more care but how this makes him feel might be something interesting.

Soap Opera!? FFS
    in the first season it was his long lost brother doin all the killing!
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,942 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Boring. But I didn't enjoy the opening episodes of the previous seasons too much either so hopefully it will get better.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Yeah, not a great episode alright! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

basquille wrote: »
    Yeah, not a great episode alright! :(
    Mediocre tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Okay so it wasn't the best episode, but they need time to build up a new storyline. The first few episodes of season one were a little dull too. It was easy to jump into season two because being discovered was so shocking. I have faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

* is dissapointed that it's not that good*

I haven't seen it yet but I can wait if it's not as good as you guys say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I'm just glad they dont seem to be following the storyline from the 3rd book

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It looked a bit untidy and disappointed me as well.
    The fact that Deborah's haircut had any place in it was offputting along with Dexter's crisis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I actually quite liked this episode. I know there wasn't much going on but its the first episode of a new series...

I think i just like seeing julie benz naked.

Edit: Who is that guy with the shaved head cracking on to debs? I know him from something?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Edit: Who is that guy with the shaved head cracking on to debs? I know him from something?
    Desmond Harrington, I don't think I've seen anything he's in. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004993/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Desmond Harrington, I don't think I've seen anything he's in. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004993/

Thanks!
    It could have been a combination of:
    Taken
    Ghost Ship
    Wrong Turn
    The Hole

Anyway, if he's in it again it wont bug the **** out of me.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Liked it.

Problem is I gotta wait one week every time.

Please please please someone in America steal a review screener.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Yeah, not much happened but it set a few things up

ps rita...WOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I actually thought that wasn't a bad episode. I wasn't really expecting anything as exciting as last season so maybe that's why I thought it was good.
    I liked the twist to be honest and I think it'll give Dexter something real other than himself to worry about (especially is Debs is pissed off with him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

For all the people slating not great :(:(:(:( ?

I honestly thought it was amazing, dexter doing something he's never done before killing without planning, not following harrys code to the exact detail.
    How will he deal with this?

Setting up a nice storyline, the fact the the liuetenant(sp) has a connection with the prosecutors family + the prosecutor kind of baggering dexter. Not to mention the leuitenant being told on the previous season dexter was shaddy :D
    he has so much to look out for now in his own department.
    Whos the new guy, whats his piece in the play?

Girl being found dead is it freebow or someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I found it to be fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

Just watched it there (didn't realise it was available before tonight:() and I really enjoyed it tbh. As has been mentioned, the last two series both started off slowly enough so I wasn't expecting anything mega from this episode beforehand. Roll on next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I actually enjoyed it... moderately.

It's only now with this season that I'm realizing the vacuum that the killing off of Doakes has caused. All of the tension and suspense that his character brought to the show is gone now. Doakes was Dexters nemesis and without him it feels like half a show.

Imagine Superman without Lex, or Batman without the Joker or Naruto without Sasuke ;)

Advertisement