Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly - Sat 6th Sept - Beechlawn Rovers - KO 2PM

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ill be leaving from town tomorrow. Ive only got space for one more tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im in for this now.

i will be bussing it out from town.

1 - Daryl - YES

Defenders -

2 - Ed - YES
    3 - Michael - YES
    4 - Simon - YES
    5 - Lepo-YES
    6 - Dave (PHB)- YES

Attackers -

7 - Larry - YES
    8 - Art - YES
    9 - Peter - YES
    10 - Derek - Yes
    11 - Robbie - Yes
    12 - Russell - Yes

OUT's

Peader -
    Keith - NO
    Cathal - NO
    Kenny - NO
    Dan - NO
    Gav - NO
    Mark - NO
    Conor (Redders) - NO
    Iain - NO
    Eddie - NO

Art is also able to play now in this also......should have a decent team now...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads, apologies, something has come up with the other halfs family so I just about to hit the road to mayo (and after driving to galway this morning and just arriving back in dublin this is very annoying) but its something I cant get out of, sorry for the short notice:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Des wrote: »
    Summary:

The pitch isn't half as bad as i expected when I left the house. PRoviding conditions dont deteriorate this evening, the pitch will be playable tomorrow, albeit with the aid of a sweeping brush to cear the goalmouth areas. I propose a further pitch inspection at 10:00 local time tomorrow morning.

Hehehe

*prints off Google Map and Dublin Bus timetables*

do we need mates to play in this or will we go with the 11 that we have?

your call des (but bring your gear if you say we are ok with 11!!!!!)

Edit - we have 12 unless im counting wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good luck with this match tomorrow lads and I hope the pitch holds up or you get an astro pitch as replacement if need be. Actually, probably better if it's on Astro as Simon will be slide-tackling for weeks if he gets into the habit :D.

Hope somebody catches some of Des' moves on video...ya just know he's been bursting to say during one of his team talks 'wingers, I want yous to fly down the wing and nutmeg 3 defenders and then clip in a cross with the back of your heel....actually, just like I do in this video.....' :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any lifts still going for this? Or if not, anyone know what bus i can get to the general area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Des wrote: »

Busses.

27, 42, 43, 128, get off these busses at Coolock Village, and I can give directions from there.
    :)

First post in the thread.

You still have my number?

Ya, still have it. Assuming you mean the Bordeaux one. Thanks for the bus numbers. Looking forward to playing a match on grass...its been a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck with this game lads. Won't make it to cheer you on as presented my thesis today and I'm going to bed now for the weekend :)

• Advertisement

we av another lad for this, barry, he played against microsoft.

are we going for a drink after this or what?

Some pretty heavy rain falling now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Indeed some v. heavy rain falling. Could somebody text me the details at 0879133710 in terms of pitchs as I'm going to be in town from 9 onwards without internet access.

Yup, its bloomin lashing out there. Hope the match will still be on.

message from des.

pitch is playable.

lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh i cant wait for the sliding tackles in this weather!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Is maith liom, is maith liom

Latest from the other team is that the pitch seems to be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Do we have a kit for this?

Yes, yes we do.

Lost 4-2

Larry and Derek with a penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Cough Cough

Really enjoyed that match. Pitch and all. Cheers to the other team and although we lost, fair play to us for the...seamless....transition back to grass

Nice to have another different challenge, but I can't go as far as saying I enjoyed letting 4 in. :(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Hard luck guys. I'm sure we'll win next year :)

well this game certainly brought a new meaning to the term "game of 2 halves". the bottom half of the pitch was almost completly waterlogged and was impossible to play on. the other half was perfect and allowed for good ball play. we defended the bad half in the first half and this was our chance to get a good lead up. however, we conceded a goal in the first couple of minutes. we got back into it and levelled, larry from a free kick. from there until half time, we dominated and should have been 3-1 up. they scored on the break just before half time from a defensive lapse. in those conditions, we needed to get the ball away alot faster.

it was always going to be hard to create chances in the second half with the conditions, they went 3-1 up. we got caught from a long kick out and ball watching. derek got a penalty back for 3-2 with about 15 left and i felt at this stage, we would level it, we missed 2 great chances, 1 a sitter and had 3 or 4 set pieces to knock one in. we went 3 at the back and got caught with about 5 left from a free kick. 4-2. however, they deserved it. they were able to play better in the conditions and the sliding tackles was more of a benifit to them than to us.

overall, a decent game played in tough conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

well this game certainly brought a new meaning to the term "game of 2 halves". the bottom half of the pitch was almost completly waterlogged and was impossible to play on. the other half was perfect and allowed for good ball play. we defended the bad half in the first half and this was our chance to get a good lead up. however, we conceded a goal in the first couple of minutes. we got back into it and levelled, larry from a free kick. from there until half time, we dominated and should have been 3-1 up. they scored on the break just before half time from a defensive lapse. in those conditions, we needed to get the ball away alot faster.

it was always going to be hard to create chances in the second half with the conditions, they went 3-1 up. we got caught from a long kick out and ball watching. derek got a penalty back for 3-2 with about 15 left and i felt at this stage, we would level it, we missed 2 great chances, 1 a sitter and had 3 or 4 set pieces to knock one in. we went 3 at the back and got caught with about 5 left from a free kick. 4-2. however, they deserved it. they were able to play better in the conditions and the sliding tackles was more of a benifit to them than to us.

overall, a decent game played in tough conditions.

That's a pretty fair assessment of the match. If we had take the chance we created in the first half we would have won.

Advertisement