Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 03-09-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,814 ✭✭✭✭

90210.jpg

Anyone else brave enough to watch all the pretty people and their exploits?!

Isn't this just another teen drama in that vastly overpopulated category already? Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I don't get it - is it a spin-off series? Bevery Hills 90210: The Next Generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,814 ✭✭✭✭Basq

SofaK wrote: »
    I don't get it - is it a spin-off series? Bevery Hills 90210: The Next Generation?
    Spot on.. but with Lucille Bluth! :pac:

It has some of the previous cast too - think Jennie Garth and Shannon Doherty are regulars.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What's the bets Basquille will watch it and claim the gf made him look at it, just as he does with "Grey's Anatomy"? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think I will give this one a miss.

ixoy wrote: »
    What's the bets Basquille will watch it and claim the gf made him look at it, just as he does with "Grey's Anatomy"? :D
    Oi oi... simmer down..! :D

I secretly enjoyed 'Greys Anatomy' at the start (when the writing was fairly fresh and witty) but now it's just desperate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Is that Michael from the Wire?? Smiling??? The world's gone mad!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote: »
    I secretly enjoyed 'Greys Anatomy' at the start (when the writing was fairly fresh and witty) but now it's just desperate!
    Yeah, I'll let you away with that. I stopped watching shortly after Meredith "died" and I realised that a little piece of me was dying each week that I kept watching.

Double C wrote: »
    Is that Michael from the Wire?? Smiling??? The world's gone mad!

That is indeed Tristan Wilds and his casting alone will ensure that I at least watch the pilot episode even if it does look like complete trash.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I like the look of that Jessica Lowndes bird.

... and there's Jessica Stroup on the right of the OP's pic.

... aaaaaaand it's got the bird who played Eden Lord in Nip/Tuck. I'm definately watching this!

Ha.. this is the third TV related forum today where there's been a discussion on 90210.. and it has "Hey, it's Michael from The Wire" either in the original post or subtitle of the thread! :D

The marketing department should have just had "Michael from The Wire" in the cast list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Oh God that looks awful.

And I used to watch the old series...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So whose is the father of Kelly's child?

Dylan, Brandon or Steve???????????

Starts on Irish TV RTE 2 on Thursday next the 6th of November with a double episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

basquille wrote: »
    Anyone else brave enough to watch all the pretty people and their exploits?!

Isn't this just another teen drama in that vastly overpopulated category already? Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill etc.

Life's too short!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

How long before Tori Spelling appears? :pac:

Nice to see Tristan Wilds doing something completely different to the Wire. A chance for him to show versatility. I'll tune into the pilot just for him. He's in the middle of the pic so hopefully he's got a main role.
    Eden from Nip/Tuck = mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've been watching it. Its's actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Got dropped after about three weeks over here. It's pretty **** in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

you think they'd test these shows more before spending all the money producing them and advertisng them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

JP Liz wrote: »
    Starts on Irish TV RTE 2 on Thursday next the 6th of November with a double episode
    At 4:30am or something equally crazy, no doubt.

Good ol' RTE, bringing the masses what they crave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WENTY07

It has got a 7pm slot next Thursday on RTE2 with new season of "Betty" after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

WENTY07 wrote: »
    It has got a 7pm slot next Thursday on RTE2 with new season of "Betty" after it.

probably not a bad move from RTE for once. If you look at the ratings on RTE,Home and Away is one of the biggest rated shows every day,you stick an episode of 90210,which is pretty much just a glossed up copy of a soap like Home and Away,then you could get a sizeable chunk of that audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

The first one was awful but it had its fan base so as long as their original fanbase is still around id say theyd get a good viewing. But its gonna be utter trash.....great mind numbing telly

• Registered Users Posts: 9 visiongirl

Ive watched the first 10 episodes from America.. Its ok Jennie and shannen are in it only on and off... Oh think of it as the oc meets beverley hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 visiongirl

K4t wrote: »
    How long before Tori Spelling appears? :pac:

Nice to see Tristan Wilds doing something completely different to the Wire. A chance for him to show versatility. I'll tune into the pilot just for him. He's in the middle of the pic so hopefully he's got a main role.
    Eden from Nip/Tuck = mmmm

Ya he is !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

This was dire. Shouldn't be long before it's cancelled. I want to see Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles, not this pish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

yea it wasn't great, but i can totally see me watching it if it stays at that time slot..i know im going to get sucked in oh the shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Harpy wrote: »
    yea it wasn't great, but i can totally see me watching it if it stays at that time slot..i know im going to get sucked in oh the shame

Go shoot yerself!
    Jennie Garth looks like she's had a few little nip/tuck jobs on her face. Pity no one told her she's wearing the wrong size bra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

The actresses look really skinny on the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

JP Liz wrote: »
    The actresses look really skinny on the show

I've been watching this, but to be honest it doesn't hold a candle to the original or to the likes of Dawson's Creek or One Tree Hill. I mean, even the OC was better.

Advertisement