Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'm sure I will :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Well Hellloo,

I'm Rose and I'm absolutely brand new! I joined because I love tattoos, mine and others and piercings, only others, none of mine ever lasted more than a year, i'm too damn sensitive...

Everytime I googled something about tattoos I got dragged in here and disturbingly, from having read so many of you guys posts, I feel a little stalkery by having not introduced myself at this stage when I already feel like I know some of you! - Creepy

Well about me, I'm a tall, blonde, 27 yr old, recently single, child of divorce, culchie living in Dublin. (I'm so proud of that fact that I had "Culchie" inked on my arse cheek when I first moved to the big smoke)

So nice to actually have a newbie thread here! I was concerned how as to best integrate myself! Hopefully this will do!

Now to have a nap before heading out on the obligatory Stephen's night annihilation session...

Byeeeeee!

R :D:D:D

Welcome welcome!
    I stalked the board for aaaaaaages before I actually opened my mouth, so I know how ya feel! ;)
    Don't worry though, you sound like you will fit right in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭BadlyKneaded

I choose to take that as a compliment!

Thanks Fiii! Yeah don't you feel like a weirdo after a while though when you're reading posts thinking to yourself "Ah that's such a Will/Fiii thing to say" When you've not even signed up to the damn site?

I'm loving the fact that you guys all meet up too, making new friends, once you're old enough to realise that walking up to other kids going "will you be my friend?" isn't socially acceptable, can be tough sometimes!

Champagne, champagne for everyone!

I would urge new people to come along to meet ups, everyone was in the same boat at one stage or another. Everyone is very welcoming and we all had a great laugh last sunday for a group who only knew each other on the net :)

How often do you tend to organise these nights out? Is it obligatory to go "full retard" on these occasions?

I'm totally ok with that...

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Will wrote: »
    I would urge new people to come along to meet ups, everyone was in the same boat at one stage or another. Everyone is very welcoming and we all had a great laugh last sunday for a group who only knew each other on the net :)

Ah yes, it was quite the civilised occasion, no molestation or harrassment at all! :pac:

badlykneaded: whatever you prefer, there were a few people not drinking at the night out so whatever you are comfortable doing.

Will probably try organise one for late febraury or something, or maybe a monthly thing, not sure.

gauge - hush you will scare them away!

Ah no, no finer ice breaker than getting sh*tfaced with strangers and spending the rest of the evening trying to hold onto your underpants...(yes, that's right, I call them underpants, its not hot but I like the word)

Gauge - I like that you tell it like it is. Better to be prepared eh? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Hi!
    The last beers was my first. Will and claire put there hands down my pants!!!
    Not late feb, March! or ill be forced to stay sober :(

Hands in pants? Where do I sign?

You lot sound like a bunch of miscreants. I'm so glad i joined!

:)

• Advertisement

drunken miscreants! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It's fine as long as you bring protection... one of those full-body condoms is usually enough.

I feel right at home now... I need to get off the damn newbie thread! ;)

Eh...Where do I go from here?

promoted to offtopic thread! go there badlykneaded! :pac:

otb :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jenipher_b

hey im jen :D im a sound engineer and stage manager. i love tattoos, have only one but im workin on my next 5 at the mo. i peirced my eyebrow, nose and ears several times, although i did take each out over the years. love to get my lip done but not entirely sure yet :confused:

thats bout it for now
    bye :o

Hey jenipher_b

welcome, stick around! have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Hey jenipher_b

welcome, stick around! have fun!

You met her before Will, she was the one that invaded the pet shop with me :D

Oh, ok, well uhm ask sofaspud for anything you need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Oh, ok, well uhm ask sofaspud for anything you need

No, don't, ask Will! He's cleverer!

(She somehow remembered that you like to eat cats!)

• Advertisement

off to a good start then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard BadlyKneaded and jenipher_b :)

And trust me, if yis don't feel like getting pissed with almost strangers, it's still deadly craic out at the meet ups, I don't drink at all, and still had an awesome night :D

In fact people are usually surprised if they don't find out I don't/haven't been drinking till late in the night :pac:

Thanks Damo! Good to meet ya (sort of)

After last night i've had a morning of swearing to never drink again so maybe this time it'll stick?

Naaaaah...

:D

herro jenipher:D
    Side not still slightly drunk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Hiya newbies welcome and keep coming back to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭northdubgal

:D Morning all!! (I know its past midday but i'm still in bed!)

Thought I would drop in and say Hi to you all.. You all seem sound but slighty mad at the same time!! :p

Anyway, I'm 29 and have 3 (technically 4 as 1 is a coverup) tattoos.. Not into piercings but I LOVE tattoos.

My first one was when I was 15 and I got a panther on my back left shoulder - I HATE it and I'm seriously thinking of getting it removed.

My second on was a Japenese dragon when I was 16... HATE that too..

My third was when I was really drunk and just split with the bf of 3 years on valentines day and for some reason I got a heart!

My fourth is a cover up of the dragon which I really love.

I will put up pictures of them in a while in the other thread..

I have always loved tattoos but I could kick myself for getting those silly ones when I was younger. When I see what I could of gotten instead really gets to me!!

I have always read this forum and you all have good opinions and give good advice which I will probably need in the coming months as I am thinking of getting a new one or even a cover up of the two I messed up on!!

welcome:) to spaced out to say hi properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 L.i.t.h.i.u.m

Heya,
    So I guess its about time I started actually posting here:o
    So um what to say, I'm 19, I study Medicinal Chemistry & chemical biology in UCD, yup I'll be designing the future's drugs, you's are all pretty much screwed :p

I'm an avid piercing fan from the age of 15, at my most I had around 27 on the go, but over the past few years, I've been getting really bored with some, so been taking 2 out here and there, popping in a new one or reopening one when it suits me to suit my humour.
    I've also two tattoo's, one swallow on my hip and a treble clef on my left wrist and plenty more to come, Anyways I'll post some pics later:D

herro and welcome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

hello to all the newbies, we're not all mad just mostly :P

Advertisement