Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - September 2008

Options
  • 01-09-2008 6:22am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ditto to last month! Again, can't believe it's September, etc.!

2.4mm of rain here between about 3.30am and 4.30am - first measureable rainfall in a week (since lat Monday)!!! I had to actually water the plant pots on Saturday as they were bone dry.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

nice clean crisp morning with pleanty of sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

pretty nice in sydney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine sunny morning, the cloud shall duly bubble up later I expect.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cool and fresh, showery look to the sky but its a million times better than the constant overcastness of the last couple of weeks. Currently 14.1°C with 3mm rain overnight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely day here - bright fresh and breezy. 17.7c ATM

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Occasional showers but nothing major as they soon pass through due to the winds which are gusting to 37mph. Sun shining, some cloud.

Great drying weather:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy rain, dark, miserable 17C

Ha! ;)

Still like a good Autumnal day here, the wind is really picking up. I was cutting the grass and its like March on the ground :( I dread to think what harvesting conditions are like.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Dark skies and very heavy rain here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

mike65 wrote: »
    Ha! ;)

Still like a good Autumnal day here, the wind is really picking up. I was cutting the grass and its like March on the ground :( I dread to think what harvesting conditions are like.

Mike

The cloud and rain appear to be mostly bypassing the south coast alright!

I cut my grass on Saturday and it was hard work - mower kept getting clogged up and filled up very quickly. It was the same if not worse last time I did it earlier in August. I suppose in a normal summer I'd have been able to do it more frequently so wouldn't have come across these problems!

• Advertisement

Very blustery here with a nearby shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

One rain shower here today and feels nice and fresh again after it.

Wasn't much in that shower. Think i got the side of it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Cool night. Was down to 10.9 there a short while ago but it's climbed back to 11.7 now.

Very cool tonight, could even see a ground frost at this rate, current temp 7.9°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

6.3°C now, very close to ground frost territory now surely, first of the new season .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Heavy showers last night. Dry now but it looks like more heavy showers on the way. Quite cool too. 11.0C

Partly cloudy with showers.

Mike

Just had a moderate shower with more brewing.
    Apparently there was a big thunder storm here wit hail stones around lunch time.
    All the good stuff happens when I'm not here or asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lashing rain here. Hopefully it will brighten up in the afternoon. Very autumnal - 8.6c, windy and rainy!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cold (9.2c), wet and windy atm. Very nice comma feature though!

Just horrible - gusty, chilly. wet.

Mike

Total rainfall for yesterday = 55.6mm

Since midnight = 68.2mm.

Winds have been very strong overnight particularly towards early morning with regular gusts in the late 50s reaching 59.9mph.

Now calmed considerably and rain seems to have cleared. Brightening at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

while its hugely informative not to mention endlessly entertaining to see post after post quote statistics and figures , does anyone actually know when the weather will improove because its been so unbelievably awfull this summer , im seriously thinking of emmigrating ,
    believe it or not i still meet an odd person who says last year was worse

Just had a moderate shower.

Drove through some monsoon type rain on the N11 just after Killmac heading south, had window wipers on full speed and it still wasn't fast enough to clear the huge drops of rain.

Still more fun to come, can see some very dark clouds heading my direction! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

just after having an insane hail shower with thunder and lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

After a night of heavy showers its a lovely sunny morning. Cold but still nice.

Fine morning, this is going to be the best day for the next 5 days as far as I can tell.

Mike

11.9mm overnight.

Currently dry, 14.5 degrees. Very little wind, high cloud, feels warm with sun trying to burst through.

Hope that blob of rain currently off the coast doesn't travel towards here.

• Advertisement

Tipping down and distant thunder!

Mike

Advertisement