Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red Dwarf is coming back in 2009 (apparently)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Can anyone explain to me whether this is gonna be a series or whether it will be a one off or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

think its one episode followed by a docu and an episode without props show. Has anyone seen the trailers yet, don't know what to make of it. Only 3 days to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

big suz is in it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MrDazzPants

:D smoke me a kipper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 frizz

realy looking forward to it,, hope its new stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 frizz

spose to be three new episodes... fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Series link works on sky plus, so fingers crossed it's more than one episode. Thank you Dave TV :D

I think its a 2 parter with a smeg up show hosted by none other than Patrick Stewart! 1.48 to go, this is exciting./

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Back to Earth I
    Back to Earth II
    Back to Earth III

As listed on the Dave website, with some classic episodes shown afterwards.

The weekend is upon us! Let us watch with interest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Three-parter with a "Making of" show at some point. Part I aired at 21:00 today with parts 2 and 3 at the same time on Saturday and Sunday.

Not bad, although I found it wierd without the laugh track.
    Kochanski has been killed off (unexplained) off-screen, Holly is offline due a tap Lister left running, Rimmer is a hard-light hologram again (unexplained). We probably shouldn't worry about all of this since Red Dwarf was never one for letting continuity get in the way of a good joke...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 orange squareht

icdg wrote: »
    Three-parter with a "Making of" show at some point. Part I aired at 21:00 today with parts 2 and 3 at the same time on Saturday and Sunday.

Not bad, although I found it wierd without the laugh track.
    Kochanski has been killed off (unexplained) off-screen, Holly is offline due a tap Lister left running, Rimmer is a hard-light hologram again (unexplained). We probably shouldn't worry about all of this since Red Dwarf was never one for letting continuity get in the way of a good joke...

It was weird witout the laughter but in the more recent series I found the laughter track awful and it ruined it for me.

I found the new one awful as expected and turned it off half way though. What a shame! :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i thought it was good, laughing track is indeed weird though. will keep watching it anyway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*sigh*

that's all I can muster up for now

did i miss something
    so one minute there fighting a squid next a new hot hologram turns up huh?

2 things summing up Red Dwarf atm; WTF!?!?!?!?! And dissapearing up its own black hole. Literally this is the raping of Dwarf.

Seriously fourth wall plots are used when you don't have any good ideas. They rarely if ever work, I mean Last Action Hero, regardless of the nostalgia factor is terrible.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Still willing to give it a whirl. The no laughing is a killer alright and the plot is like Swiss cheese (full of holes)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

FYP
    *meh*

that's all I can muster up for now

And I thought the two US pilots were bad...
    2 things summing up Red Dwarf atm; WTF!?!?!?!?! And dissapearing up its own black hole. Literally this is the raping of Dwarf.

Seriously fourth wall plots are used when you don't have any good ideas. They rarely if ever work, I mean Last Action Hero, regardless of the nostalgia factor is terrible.

2nd part was definately better than the first. still think its alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hmm... right I've watched the first 2 parts now. Honest opinion is it's awful.. don't know if I'll bother with part 3 at all.

Part 3 kinda redeemed the first 2, though the plot was fairly recycled. Ah, it was ok, it wasn't brilliant and Doug Naylor should leave the show in better hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I started watching part 3 but gave up 5 minutes after the break. Have the rest recorded - really don't know if I'll bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

what do u call a midget thats been in the sun too long?
    red dwarf..

ill get me coat!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Very disappointing overall, never got used to the lack of a laughter track and the plot was terrible. Episode 3 was a bit better than the other two imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,884 ✭✭✭✭Stark

God that was ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just watched all three episodes in row. I thought it got a bit ropey in the middle, but the ending wrapped things up nicely.

Some of the comments on the Dave TV page are amusing. Red Dwarf a masterpiece? I always thought the "low budget production" was part of the fun. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

if you see it as not new episodes but as an ad for dave tv and a nostalgia visit it was quite good,

i thought it was alright

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I've watched the first 2 episodes so far - very disappointing, terible plot, terrible jokes, loads of advertising for Red Dwarf dvd's and the Dave channel. They shouldn't have bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I didn't think that It was that great. There weren't much laughs in it at all and the lack of the laughing track was off putting. The 3rd episode did tie it up nicely in the end though. I was wondering if I had missed a season
    when the kids were talking to Lister

The funniest bits were
    the scene in the shop in coronation st when they did the voices, the typewriter scene and telling us that we (the audience) were really the virtual dimension
    . Liked the
    Blade Runner scenes, they caught the atmosphere of the film

I blame the script and not the actors, they were their usual selves in the roles. It just wasn't that funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,884 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The Don wrote: »
    I blame the script and not the actors, they were their usual selves in the roles. It just wasn't that funny.

Dunno, I thought Craig Charles displayed a complete lack of enthusiasm throughout. The scene with the toilet paper would have been hilarious if delivered in the traditional Lister manner but completely fell flat when mumbled half under Charles' breath.

Advertisement