Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly - Wed 3rd Sept - St Colmcilles 9PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Shels white away jersey ftw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    Plain white please.

No "FAI" branded tops either, thanks.

Why not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Spurs home jersey ok? Also, it is Astro right? Anyone know what busses would get me out that way from the City Centre?

Ok, found the bus in the other thread. No 15 to the door. Is St. Colmcilles easily noticable? And about how long on the bus route is it?

Less than an hour from town on bus. And yeh, it's a huge school on the scholarstown road. You cant miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Gileadi wrote: »
    White and black?

christ almighty....you and ur f*cking juve top.....go on, bring it, i dare ya!!!!!

white is white, not black and white, white. the same color as you wore last week.:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've a spare vest if anyone is needs it :D

larry is out sick. should have about 15-16 for this, good squad and a chance for a decent turn out for everybody..

i assume the ref will be there, i aint spoke to him, but im sure he knows anyway :)

we need to discuss what we are doing next week also. the ireland game on the wednesday is something that we should avoid clashing with if at all possible....im sure we can come to an agreement on this anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

we need to discuss what we are doing next week also. the ireland game on the wednesday is something that we should avoid clashing with if at all possible....im sure we can come to an agreement on this anyway.

Why?

Maybe we should pick a night to play the league games that doesn't clash with CL games too?

If football on TV is going to stop ANYONE coming to our matches, friendly or otherwise, there is no place for them in the squad.

Simple as.

Unless someone is actually travelling to a game...

Des wrote: »
    Why?

cos we can control what nights we play at the moment, when it comes to competitive games, we cant. simple as that.

fair enough if we cant find any other time, then wednesday can do and i will be there. but im a football fan, i support my country, i would like to see my country play, IF POSSIBLE.

cos we can control what nights we play at the moment, when it comes to competitive games, we cant. simple as that.

fair enough if we cant find any other time, then wednesday can do and i will be there. but im a football fan, i support my country, i would like to see my country play, IF POSSIBLE.

After we get beaten on Saturday no one will want to watch the match on wednesday:D

• Advertisement

Doubt we'd get a game going against someone that night anyway. But it'd be a good test of commitment. Going to a game is the only excuse. Unless it's the World Cup final or something which it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

At this stage it all depends on when we can get a game. So if we can only get one for Wednesday next week then that's when we'll play.

TV3 might do a delayed showing of the match......

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Doubt we'd get a game going against someone that night anyway.

actually your right, i never thought of that. its something we need to take on board. theres defo a chance that if we organise a game, that while we would have a team, the opposition wouldn..

i could get us a friendly for late on the tuesday which may suit eddie and keith...

Doubt we'd get a game going against someone that night anyway./

actually your right, i never thought of that. its something we need to take on board. theres defo a chance that if we organise a game, that while we would have a team, the opposition wouldn..

i could get us a friendly for late on the tuesday which may suit eddie and keith...

sounds good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there training/kickabout at 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ill be there around 8, but no ball...

I'll be there for 8 and will bring a ball, so we can have a kick around and stretch to get properly warmed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

and do laps of course....

another draw, this time 3-3. still unbeaten in preseason :p.

we were 2-0 down inside about 10 minutes, 2 individual errors but again, these things happen. we got our act together and dominated and got back to 2-2 again. they went 3-2 up from a goal mouth scramble and we equalised with about 5 left.

overall, a fair result, both teams had chances. 2 more debutants tonight and i think now, if everybody that has come down so far stays in the squad, we have what we need.....cheers to conor and peader for coming and welcome to the team.

scorers Art, Lepo and Keith.

How'd the newbies do? What positions are they?

• Advertisement

both right backs martin and they were **** hot :D:D:D:D

Well done lads good effort. We took 10 minutes to get going but once we got on top of them we did well. We were quiet again in the first half but seem to be communicating better in the second.

both right backs martin and they were **** hot :D:D:D:D

Bring it on :D

How'd the newbies do? What positions are they?

Yet again the Right Fullback scores,Keith this time. You'll have a fight on your hands when you get back Martin!

i think we had 8 new players tonight which is very encouraging....all are a welcome addition to the squad.

emc2 wrote: »
    Yet again the Right Fullback scores,Keith this time. You'll have a fight on your hands when you get back Martin!

They're be some mild fighting before they all give up and I win :D Sure didn't Darren leave cause of me ;) Actually seen Darren at a Shels game there recently. He's playing tag rugby now instead of football.

They're be some mild fighting before they all give up and I win :D Sure didn't Darren leave cause of me ;) Actually seen Darren at a Shels game there recently. He's playing tag rugby now instead of football.

dont knock it martin, with the way things are going and all these new exciting players we have, you will be soon playing it yourself:D:D:D:D

Sure I can always switch to one of my many other positions. Like centre half for example. Then you'll be dropped and you'll be chasing girls round a field pulling their ribbons off till the cows come home ;)

Sure I can always switch to one of my many other positions. Like centre half for example. Then you'll be dropped and you'll be chasing girls round a field pulling their ribbons off till the cows come home ;)

actually, i quite like the sound of that.....

• Advertisement

So did Darren, hence why he's off doing it :D

Advertisement