Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD upscaler with USB and SC slots for €44.99.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Did you take the dvd out first?
    Just checked mine again, and I'm only getting the 'not allowed' message when a dvd is playing. It wasn't necessary to remove the disk from the tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

quaalude wrote: »
    This happened to me too - I sorted it out like this:

Connect the DVD player first to your TV with a scart lead, so you can get to the setup option on the DVD player.
    Press Setup on the remote
    Use the arrow buttons on the remote to go to "Video"
    Then go to "Video Out settings", and change this to "HD".

Thanks for this bit of advice!

Got USB working as well (you have to press the down arrow to switch between DVD and USB/SD) and it's reading stuff off a WD external drive no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Dman001 wrote: »
    I got this from HotUKDeals but I'm unsure if it will work with this DVD player:

Open Tray
    Press 9999
    Press 9 for region free
    Close Tray.
    This happened to me too - I sorted it out like this:

Connect the DVD player first to your TV with a scart lead, so you can get to the setup option on the DVD player.
    Press Setup on the remote
    Use the arrow buttons on the remote to go to "Video"
    Then go to "Video Out settings", and change this to "HD".
    This works great, thanks, but it took me a few gos - I suggest leaving 2 seconds before the final "9" - you know it works as a "9" comes up on the screen.
    Did you take the dvd out first?
    Just checked mine again, and I'm only getting the 'not allowed' message when a dvd is playing. It wasn't necessary to remove the disk from the tray.

Great Tech support lads :pac::pac::pac: Got everything working. Great bargain all round. Was looking at dvd player in Hardly Normal next door to aldi and they had one for 99 euro which didn't have all the features this one has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

markyboy wrote: »
    Thanks for this bit of advice!

Got USB working as well (you have to press the down arrow to switch between DVD and USB/SD) and it's reading stuff off a WD external drive no problem.

Will it Play Avi files?
    Pity HDMI cable is so short

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Will it Play Avi files?

Yeah, it does play AVI's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Pity HDMI cable is so short
    True, but I was glad to have one included, rather than another scart cable. There more of those lying around the house than you could shake a stick at!

True, but I was glad to have one included, rather than another scart cable. There more of those lying around the house than you could shake a stick at!

Yeah I have a snakes nest of Scarts too:D
    Can't wait to try my Harddrive out on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

gonna try in morning in limerick........hope i didnt miss this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

pcolan wrote: »
    @ TM

Grabbed one at 11am at Aldi Parnell St. & apparently there were even a few left! Couldn't find any on display, so had to ask at the till!

Thank you very much, OP for this great post!!!
    Doh! Guess I should have asked. Maybe they'll have one left tomorrow... :o

Could't open the drawer on mine this morning.!!
    Brought it back and they changed it no problems
    Still 3 or 4 left in Aldi Coolock at 9.45am

• Advertisement

TM wrote: »
    Doh! Guess I should have asked. Maybe they'll have one left tomorrow... :o
    None left this morning... :(

Got the new one up and running.
    Can't get HD output now . Message on screen says " Check cable"
    Got External HD working. playing AVI's well. One problem is that when i go into a directory it appears empty.???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Think you have to enable it by using the scart first and turning some option on. Happened to me also

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

All gone in Coolock, tried them about an hour ago.:(

got the last one in limerick, turns out i knew the manager! :D tryin to get hd working now.

got it working, got 500gb lacie HD running with it too! only thing was the settings seemed to change back to svideo from HD at one stage. will play more with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Dman001 wrote: »
    I got this from HotUKDeals but I'm unsure if it will work with this DVD player:

Open Tray
    Press 9999
    Press 9 for region free
    Close Tray.

Thanks Dman001 - installed and region free :)

Picture looks brill going via HDMI.

+1 hdmi is awesome!!! Best bargain alert yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Got one this morning. Still 10 of them in Long Mile rd, Dublin.
    Chhers for the reviews. Looks great , got it setup on my 42".

zuroph wrote: »
    got it working, got 500gb lacie HD running with it too! only thing was the settings seemed to change back to svideo from HD at one stage. will play more with it. :)

Have my external HD working through it.
    If say I open folder called VIDEOS I can open any file there no problem.But If theres a sub-folder it appears empty.
    Any Ideas?:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

can anyone confirm whether portable ext 2.5 harddrives work ie usb powered not electricity powered? Ta.

can anyone confirm whether portable ext 2.5 harddrives work ie usb powered not electricity powered? Ta.

Well a standard USB memory key works, so i would think so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

These drives will only work if the usb port can supply enough juice. Normally they would connect to two usb ports just so they get enough current to operate.

Have my external HD working through it.
    If say I open folder called VIDEOS I can open any file there no problem.But If theres a sub-folder it appears empty.
    Any Ideas?:(
    i've had a look through my movies folder and only some work, prob cos of the formats of some movies.

zuroph wrote: »
    i've had a look through my movies folder and only some work, prob cos of the formats of some movies.

Everything on mine works but i just can't see anything in sub folders:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

must be only able to see root folders or 1 level deep like root > video or root > audio etc...
    Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

degsie wrote: »
    These drives will only work if the usb port can supply enough juice. Normally they would connect to two usb ports just so they get enough current to operate.

hi, sorry, i meant do usb powered drives work with this Dvd player!!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

I got 'unsupported USB format' when I plugged ext hard drive in.

Any ideas?

Well a standard USB memory key works, so i would think so

sorry johnnyrotten just noticed your post. But degsie raises a point - if its a drive that needs 2 usb ports to power it it may not be a runner - the more recent high capacity 320gb portable drives suggest powering by 2 ports - though mine worked with just one they don't recommend it.

Any ideas?

any chance your hard drive has encryption software running....just a thought, prob nothing to do with it!

• Advertisement

Any ideas?
    Is the drive FAT or FAT32 formatted? If not (e.g. NTFS) then the player probably can't read it.

Advertisement