Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How xenophobic is Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What race are you?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Irish. Why?

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I figured there was a good chance you hadn't been born in Texas, but yeah I think that would've been the main problem. You'll be grand. You can stay in my place. :D

And as a bonus brianthebard loves to iron :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

we are much more racist against non-hot americans i find.. american girls can be way hotter than irish girls so, if ur hot, we'll be nice.

• Advertisement

nouggatti wrote: »
    And as a bonus brianthebard loves to iron :D
    Lolz is true. We don't have an ironing board atm though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Lolz is true. We don't have an ironing board atm though! :(

That's no excuse brian - - -> use the counter in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

PillyPen wrote: »
    Blasphemer!! If Sarah Palin becomes president nothing positive will ever come out of America again.

There weren't any mint M&Ms, I looked. I only found almond and peanut butter ones!

Thats because you have gone blind my dear. I can provide you with a deed to the Brooklyn bridge for only 20 dollars. See?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Txgrl wrote: »
    HI everyone! I'm also planning on studying in Ireland next year and I'm kind of worried about how I will be treated being hispanic/latina. I'm guessing there aren't very many in Ireland. But I'm really friendly:)

You'll probably be mistaken for a Spanish student.
    They're not too popular due to their penchant for buying one drink between six people and lying on every bit of grass within sight.

Other than that, you'll be fine.

That's no excuse brian - - -> use the counter in the kitchen.

We don't have an iron either. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Txgrl

Terry wrote: »
    You'll probably be mistaken for a Spanish student.
    They're not too popular due to their penchant for buying one drink between six people and lying on every bit of grass within sight.

Other than that, you'll be fine.
    Yeah, I don't think that I"ll be mistaken for a spanish student. I don't think I look spanish at all. Yeah and I also don't like lying on grass lol.:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yeah, I don't think that I"ll be mistaken for a spanish student. I don't think I look spanish at all. Yeah and I also don't like lying on grass lol.:)

Are you hott?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you have bronzed skin, the Irish will assume you are spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Mordeth wrote: »
    That's true, head out to any pub on the weekend and they're packed with spanish people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Roadend wrote: »
    That's true, head out to any pub on the weekend and they're packed with spanish people...

he said bronzed, not tangoed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

As you can tell from my sig, I'm leaving the US for Dublin in about a month. I've never been and I must say some threads on boards are scaring the crap out of me. I've heard lots of good things about the Irish attitude towards foreigners, but as the time approaches I'm paying more attention to the bad and now I'm petrified that I'll spend the next year of my life with no enjoyable contact with the Irish! I'm not a big supporter of America myself, so I don't get bothered by people pointing out the flaws in American culture (as long as it's legit). I'm more afraid that people are going to hear an accent and immediately start abusing me personally for being American.

Anyway, I'd like to know what I'm in for so I can brace myself. All feedback will be appreciated.

**** off back to your third world country, etc, blah.

Ah no, you're alright really, have a pint, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Seaneh wrote: »
    **** off back to your third world country

**** off back to your third-world county, Athlone man! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

do not worry the irish are great --but if thing get bad come on over to the uk --we all like the yanks

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

he said bronzed, not tangoed.
    Did I say Spanish, I meant oompa loompas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Txgrl

Mordeth wrote: »
    Ok,so I might be mistaken for spanish. It's just that I don't think I look like any spanish person that I've met. I guess everything will be fine. And as for being hot, I guess that depends on your preferences.But for the record, I have long dark hair, big dark eyes, I'm tall and ,yes, I'm bronzed. Oh and one more thing, the spanish people I've met were not very nice they were kind of stand-offish.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

last year when i was on holiday in dublin --my wife pulled me into penneys [primark in the uk] the first thing i noticed was that everyone was talking in a different language=standing in front of me in the queue was two young spanish girls with a baby calling the lazy irish in spanish --as my wife is from gibraltar she speaks fluent spanish ==and could not resist on having ago at them. both went away without paying and i got her out off there before she got herself into trouble

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ok,so I might be mistaken for spanish. It's just that I don't think I look like any spanish person that I've met. I guess everything will be fine. And as for being hot, I guess that depends on your preferences.But for the record, I have long dark hair, big dark eyes, I'm tall and ,yes, I'm bronzed. Oh and one more thing, the spanish people I've met were not very nice they were kind of stand-offish.:(

So, for straight guys, you'd be hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

if you have bronzed skin, the Irish will assume you are spanish.[/QUOTE

Yep. Totally true!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Yep. Totally true!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,087 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Blasphemer!! If Sarah Palin becomes president nothing positive will ever come out of America again.

There weren't any mint M&Ms, I looked. I only found almond and peanut butter ones!
    Pilly, you've been missing for almost 2 weeks at this stage. I noticed something was odd when you weren't chiming in on the Halloween threads - these cretins dont understand my candy corn love.

So, has some Dublin taxi driver abducted PillyPen? Strike me down if its actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Overheal wrote: »
    Pilly, you've been missing for almost 2 weeks at this stage. I noticed something was odd when you weren't chiming in on the Halloween threads - these cretins dont understand my candy corn love.

So, has some Dublin taxi driver abducted PillyPen? Strike me down if its actually happened.

Ahh the studies have gone to the wayside and she's probably shacked up with some culchie from Kerry.......... or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Overheal wrote: »

Lol, haven't been abducted! But I've been on many adventures the past two weeks and haven't had time to e-mail my parents let alone join the good fight on boards. I saw John C. McGinley give a speech earlier this week and today I get to see Salman Rushdie!! So excited. I've also been getting way too drunk and calling the natives commies, which (to my surprise) has not turned me into a total social leper!

But who was talking smack about candy corn??

Ahh the studies have gone to the wayside and she's probably shacked up with some culchie from Kerry.......... or something like that.

The men here won't talk to me unless they're drunk! Wtf?? I'm not saying I'm the hottest women alive, but beer goggles have never been a prerequisite for wanting to chat me up before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

The men here won't talk to me unless they're drunk! Wtf?? I'm not saying I'm the hottest women alive, but beer goggles have never been a prerequisite for wanting to chat me up before!

No don't feel bad, the men here are just drunk.

• Advertisement

Dinter wrote: »
    No don't feel bad, the men here are just drunk.

And that is why I love this country. No shame in being drunk here, unlike in America. I have been having a wonderful time!:pac:

Advertisement