Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How xenophobic is Ireland?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

When you wake up in the morning, no matter how hazy or ill you feel, if you can't specifically remember doing something hugely embarrassing it's classified as a good night out. Even if you can't remember because of a blackout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

PillyPen wrote: »
    The men here won't talk to me unless they're drunk! Wtf?? I'm not saying I'm the hottest women alive, but beer goggles have never been a prerequisite for wanting to chat me up before!

Good to hear you've been having a good time, so it would seem any fears you had have had disappeared. You'll find irishmen need lots of dutch courage to talk to the ladies. We are just used to so much hostility you see from the irish ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Great thread with some good laugh out loud moments :) Welcome Pilly. Oh and ya were prob better posting it here that in PI as they would have been waaaayyy to serious :(

Also if your having problems understanding "Irish" english check out:

(first time entering a youtube vid hope it works)

Edit grrr didnt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GO-irf4ZP4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Any truth to the rumours you're appearing in a new RTÉ sitcom?

Pill-yPen, Pill-yPen,
    She's a sill-y,
    Ameri-can.

Int., Cafeteria, Day

College Jock: Hey PillyPen, what's the craic?
    PillyPen: The crack?
    College Jock: Yeah, any craic with ya?
    PillyPen: I AM NOT A DRUG DEALER OR CRIMINAL!

Pill-yPen, Pill-yPen,
    She's a sill-y,
    Ameri-can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

And that is why I love this country. No shame in being drunk here, unlike in America. I have been having a wonderful time!:pac:

You should text me woman, I can show you a good time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

you are going to a great country-but get used to english/ american jokes--but do not worry it all is in fun -when in ireland its alway good to join in and take the p--s out of yourself--dont forget to come over and see us limeys some time

• Registered Users Posts: 82,083 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But who was talking smack about candy corn??
    nobody, but when i mention it i get blank stares :confused:

Advertisement