Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good SEO pro

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

And a very happy one-man-band at that. But obviously I work with a number of other suppliers who provide services to me and my clients.

I've been extremely lucky - I'm working with some serious websites, and some of the leading technologies on the web. Remaining small and nimble has worked extremely well for me :) .

No offense intended with one-man band - I don't think bigger is necessarily better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

link8r wrote: »
    No offense intended with one-man band - I don't think bigger is necessarily better :D

I would be pretty removed from the hosting/marketing/seo scene and when I think SEO I think red cardinal so he's doing _something_ very well ;)

I think RedCardinal is the bees-knees when it comes to SEO too and probably other things too....but Google and the Google Pagerank theory and search results are closed-door secrets, so nobody can be 100% expert. Even the original PR theory that was patented must have had a 100 tweaks by now! all we have is cause-and-effect - that means that with so many variables we can all have a different, conflicting view on Google/SEO and still be right.

This is a question I always ask (whether it's design, SEO, engineering etc) - if you are so removed from SEO, how are you qualified to pick an SEO expert?

I ask because I have dealt with so many people who when you first meet them will tell you that they haven't a clue about website design - then when you show them designs that your design team have done, they pick the worst and proceed to make it worse - yet they have already admitted they dont know what they're talking about. Of course we have to let them, they ultimately write the cheque...it's just a curiousity-thing of mine, I have to ask, I hope it doesn't come across as confrontational.

I think RedCardinal is the bees-knees when it comes to SEO too and probably other things too....but Google and the Google Pagerank theory and search results are closed-door secrets, so nobody can be 100% expert. Even the original PR theory that was patented must have had a 100 tweaks by now! all we have is cause-and-effect - that means that with so many variables we can all have a different, conflicting view on Google/SEO and still be right.

This is a question I always ask (whether it's design, SEO, engineering etc) - if you are so removed from SEO, how are you qualified to pick an SEO expert?

I ask because I have dealt with so many people who when you first meet them will tell you that they haven't a clue about website design - then when you show them designs that your design team have done, they pick the worst and proceed to make it worse - yet they have already admitted they dont know what they're talking about. Of course we have to let them, they ultimately write the cheque...it's just a curiousity-thing of mine, I have to ask, I hope it doesn't come across as confrontational.

Not sure what you're trying to say?

I never claimed to be qualfied? I'm not "picking" anyone?

I never said red cardinal was good/bad/indifferent as an SEO expert/professional

so I'm not really sure what you're trying to suggest

ntlbell wrote: »
    when I think SEO I think red cardinal so he's doing _something_ very well ;)

This wasn't you ?

• Advertisement

This wasn't you ?

Yes, yes it was, I'm still failing to see your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

ntlbell wrote: »
    Yes, yes it was, I'm still failing to see your point?
    lol. Sorry, carry on.

Advertisement