Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle 15% discount

Options
  • 24-08-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Discount Code: 62784648 on the online store good until August 25th (tomorrow)

www.ae.com

Just got myself a couple of t shirts. They also have good clearance deals and buy one get one half price deals on all t-shirts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

www.ae.com

surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Thanks yurmothrintites.

The website is actually http://www.ae.com.

The buy one, get one half price applies to all jeans and tees (the cheaper of the items being purchased is given half price). And yes, you can buy a pair a jeans and a t-shirt, and get the cheaper half price (i.e. doesn't have to be 2 pairs of jeans or 2 tees, it can be one of each... if that makes sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Just changed the url! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

What's the deal with customs and shpping on these?

Do you get charged when they arrive and how much?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

D'oh, I spent 325 dollars on Friday with these guys. 50 dollars off would have been nice. Ah well, great post OP.

Dublad23, customs are hit & miss with these, do a search for previous thread, I've ordered five times and never got caught. Others have been stung. As far as I remember anything under 150 seemed to be getting through but others were caught out. AnPost charges you customs if you're one of the unlucky ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

New Code.

Not sure how long it's valid for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Sweet, my $325 order that I put in on Wednesday arrived this morning. Seems to have got through customs OK too. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

cheers folks, just put in an order, how long to ship to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Thanks.
    I've had trouble with them accepting my credit card before, does anyone know if paypal goes through easier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

garion wrote: »
    Sweet, my $325 order that I put in on Wednesday arrived this morning. Seems to have got through customs OK too. Happy days.

No customs on a $325 order? That's unbelievable.
    Must have slipped though the net.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone know where I can get 15% discount on a Desert Eagle?
    desert_eagle_pic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

siochain wrote: »
    cheers folks, just put in an order, how long to ship to Ireland?

I'd say expect anything from a week on

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

Are the Sizes pretty much the same.

I am usually a Small in River Island etc so would that be small in US Clothes too - I know A&F's small is pretty tiny!

And the jeans - I take it 30" is the same as 30" here?

Maybe stupid Questions...

jimbo78 wrote: »
    No customs on a $325 order? That's unbelievable.
    Must have slipped though the net.

Well I've heard from some people they can sting you with customs even after you've received the goods so I'm not going to get too excited for a week or two yet!
    Very happy with the stuff though... first time I've bought from them online.

To answer the query about the sizes... jeans are the same as in Ireland but everything else would be different. I normally take large in shirts, t-shirts, jumpers etc but a medium from AE fits me fine. Think there's an international sizes comparison chart on the site somewhere so you can check.

To answer the query about delivery.... I ordered last Wednesday, it left Chicago on Friday and was on my desk on the yesterday (Tuesday) so less than a week turnaround!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 JReacher

I ordered two jumpers last wednesday, and arrived this morning, the turnaround this time around is an awful lot better than the last time i ordered, took almost 3 weeks!!

Ah well, im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

My order I did last Wednesday which left Friday is stuck in customs :(:( (was for around 150 USD) I rang An Post and they said that customs are in the middle of actively checking for counterfeit clothing, narcotics (!) and dvd's and having ordered a lot of stuff in the last few years (not narcotics ;) ) - I've had around 4/5 things in the last 6 weeks get caught by customs which is a bit unprecedented!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

My AE order arrived today....$170 order with a customs charge of €48.00 :(:(

Still wasnt bad even at that considering it was 2 pairs of jeans, 4 t-shirts, 1 fleece, shoes and a belt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

According to this website the discount is now 40% including clearance items.

http://www.dealcatcher.com/

Murt, IMO one of the best bargain posts ever. :cool:
    Wife will kill me after spending 300 odd last week.
    Just used offer on another order just shy of 300 :o
    New wardrobe complete!!!

Agreed, great offer Murt!
    Just put through $600 worth of stuff for $440 inc delivery.

Of course there's a great chance I'll get caught with customs but even with that it'll be a great deal.

Fair play Murt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

Excellent, Murt. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Where's the code.... Where's the code.....

Cannot find it? Need that 40% off!

Thanks

The code expired, apparently. It was 58734291. It no longer works on the ae.com site.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

The code expired, apparently. It was 58734291. It no longer works on the ae.com site.

Ahh F***. Me and my empty fricking credit card. I knew it wouldn't last till pay day :(

15% Off Discount Code: 38697414
    Expiry Date: 22 September 2008
    www.ae.com

15% Off Discount Code: 24458317
    Expiry Date: 27 September 2008
    www.ae.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

How long do the customs people take to check the goods?
    It says mine are with customs now and I am just wondering when i am likely to recieve them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've placed 10+ orders with them in the last 6 months, delivery to Dublin
    is normally 7 days (inc weekend) from placing order to it arriving on my
    doorstep. Customs will add a day or two onto the times depending on
    how efficient they are. I'd say there's a 10% chance of Customs stopping it.

I placed 4 orders last Tuesday and received each of them yesterday -fortunately, I did not get hit with any customs charges. I believe someone else (in addition to myself and the poster above) also mentioned that on average there is a one week turnaround from the time of placing the order to receiving the goods.

Spent 600 approx.
    First order of $277 stopped by customs, charged 44 euro, recieved yesterday
    Second order in excess of 300 sailed through & arrived today, ordered almost a week after the first.
    The first order was the 1st time customs have nabbed me & i have purchased a LOT of overseas online products.

That 40% discount was a hell of a post, nothin wrong with 15% either but my wardrobes full :D

• Advertisement

A walking, talking advertisement for AE, huh? :pac:

Did you have any problem with them processing the order with the 40% discount? I placed an order with the 40% discount code but they've been doing all in their power not to honor it.

Advertisement