Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly - Wed 27th - ST COLMCILLES 9PM KO

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

emc2 wrote: »
    There needs to be a lot talking on the pitch, I know that some players are only getting to know each but that shouldn't be an excuse. It was good to see another decent performance from us.

the master has spoken :)

and oh mikie, love the new sig :D

maybe we are just a bunch of quite lads (bar me, martin and jules) and that will never chance??? once we have somebody talking in each line we are ok. big thing though, Keeper needs to be constantly roaring and shouting. Daryll, next week, i want to hear ya!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Missing my big mouth already lads? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

We are quiet, but I think we are still dealing very well defensively despite this/because of this.

It was a different and changing back line last night under a significant aerial attack and through balls (the first goal) and despite that, we were unlucky to not win and again I only had two shots, a header and a few balls to collect...so we are well organised defensively. We are cutting the ball out, clearing it away, we are marking up and set-pieces have been handled well outside of the short corner last week. Sometimes last night we were over-run through the middle and back post with huge gaps in the middle of midfield, but we are cutting the delivery out there.

As said above about set-pieces...if we can defend them as well as we have been doing during the coming season, then we will do well.

Sometimes, we have to look at what we are actually doing right. Oh and it was never ever a penalty :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

dfx- wrote: »
    We are quiet, but I think we are still dealing very well defensively despite this/because of this.

It was a different and changing back line last night under a significant aerial attack and through balls (the first goal) and despite that, we were unlucky to not win and again I only had two shots, a header and a few balls to collect...so we are well organised defensively. We are cutting the ball out, clearing it away, we are marking up and set-pieces have been handled well outside of the short corner last week. Sometimes last night we were over-run through the middle and back post with huge gaps in the middle of midfield, but we are cutting the delivery out there.

As said above about set-pieces...if we can defend them as well as we have been doing during the coming season, then we will do well.

Sometimes, we have to look at what we are actually doing right. Oh and it was never ever a penalty :D

The first goal was a bit unlucky i thought you had both hands around it and it was kicked from your hands, if i had been a couple of feet back i probably would have got a head on it, i thought the ref would have given us a free out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I had great fun down the wing last night as well. thats another positive. Just saying.....:P

Also im claiming credit for their OG cause i put myself in the keepers way. so it wasnt just luck for them. VIVA Boardeaux!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

LOTP wrote: »

Also im claiming credit for their OG cause i put myself in the keepers way. Do it wasnt just luck for them. VIVA Boardeaux!!!

no chance! that was mine it went exactly how I had planned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Has noone noticed when we have set pieces i usually stroll over to the keeper and block his view.

Fox in the Box

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Fair play on another good showing lads, good there's plenty of new lads getting a run out. Spot on about the set pieces aswell - we need them whipped in, not floated in, and lads need to be prepared to burst through a man to throw their body at it.

What was the story with the ref, was he acting up again? They say a good performance by a ref is one in which he goes mostly unnoticed but this fella has a bit of an ego.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I thought the ref wasn't as bad as he was last week, but the crucial decision he had to get right, he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Which ref is this? The baldy lad from Wesley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads, ease off on the ref :). i may have been giving him stick during the game, but once you cross the white line, its all forgotten about. and there only friendlies, without him, there would be chaos. im happy to have him reffing, cos it gives an idea of what we need to do and it does make friendlies more competitive, no messing etc. its well worth the extra 40 quid.

the decision Daryll is on about is he gave a penalty against me for a sliding tackle (their equaliser) when i was no where near the player. i put a leg in with one knee on the ground, but he couldn tell the difference between putting a leg in and a tackle.

the one good thing about it is it happened in a friendly and not a competitive match and its just something to all be aware of, during the season.

Advertisement