Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Could someone point me towards an up to date guide on how to buy games/add funds on the US psn store using an Irish/Euro visa debit card. I've tried adding funds using the card and Paypal but no avail. Is there a workaround here?

My US account has my address here in Ireland, however I put in 90210 as my zip code and California - that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I have a US account setup but I can't add funds. Neither paying by card nor paypal works. I tried using my legit address with US state and zip code under the debit/credit card but it won't work - I get a message that my details are incorrect. When I try to add funds via paypal I get an error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ceuldude

Flashing red light .

When i turn my playstation on it beeps , turns off almost immediately , then the red light keeps blinking till i turn the console off .
    This is not YLOD , ive seen that and this is not it ,but im wondering if its basically the same thing . I switched the harddrive with one from a similar ps3 . Its a CECHG model ,so its fat but only has the 2 usb ports on the front and not the 4 under the flap .

Any help would be a great help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

ceuldude wrote: »
    Flashing red light .

When i turn my playstation on it beeps , turns off almost immediately , then the red light keeps blinking till i turn the console off .
    This is not YLOD , ive seen that and this is not it ,but im wondering if its basically the same thing . I switched the harddrive with one from a similar ps3 . Its a CECHG model ,so its fat but only has the 2 usb ports on the front and not the 4 under the flap .

Any help would be a great help

If you put the HDD into another PS3, you must reformat it. Suggest full reformat to be sure.

The Red Light PS3, maybe it's over heating. Might need new thermal paste on the heatsink.

Maybe, just maybe you'll be lucky and it just needs a good blow out. Open up the unit until you see the motherboard. Vacuum all dust and hair. Highly recommend you get a can of air and blast all grills of the power supply. You'll be surprised at what comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ceuldude

thanks Ranger , but today it changed to YLOD so gonna strip it for parts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

PS3 went off today while watching Netflix. Turned PS off and now when I turn it back on and press the joypad to turn on Ps the joypad keeps flickering red lights but PS wont come on. Try to take disc out and it tries but then dies. Any ideas? Now its ancient and only used for Netflix and watching dvds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

eh i dunno wrote: »
    PS3 went off today while watching Netflix. Turned PS off and now when I turn it back on and press the joypad to turn on Ps the joypad keeps flickering red lights but PS wont come on. Try to take disc out and it tries but then dies. Any ideas? Now its ancient and only used for Netflix and watching dvds

Its YLOD by the sounds of it.
    What version PS3 is it ? Model number should be on the back.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Its YLOD by the sounds of it.
    What version PS3 is it ? Model number should be on the back.

Its the original PS3
    Model number CECHC03

Its the original PS3
    Model number CECHC03

Sounds like the thermal paste issue.

Check YLOD on google and see if its similar to your own light sequence.

Not seeing any yellow light. Turn PS on at the back and the red standbye light comes on and stays on. Press the joypad to turn system on from standby and nothing happens. Try to eject disc and green light comes on and it sounds like the PS is coming to life but then the red light comes on again and flashes

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I could get this fixed and an approx price?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Hi lads, bought the 12gb PS3 last year. Don't use it a lot, usually just GTA, Tiger Woods and FIFA. Recently turned it on and needed to update for GTA but didn't have enough space. Is this because it's only 12GB?

If so are there any options open to me other than having to delete saved games?

Degag wrote: »
    Hi lads, bought the 12gb PS3 last year. Don't use it a lot, usually just GTA, Tiger Woods and FIFA. Recently turned it on and needed to update for GTA but didn't have enough space. Is this because it's only 12GB?

If so are there any options open to me other than having to delete saved games?

Depends on the size(x) of the update.
    It needs 2x the space to download and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

F1ngers wrote: »
    Depends on the size(x) of the update.
    It needs 2x the space to download and install.

Is there any way to increase from 12GB? Purchasing some kind of add on or something?

Degag wrote: »
    Is there any way to increase from 12GB? Purchasing some kind of add on or something?

Put in a new HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Lads im looking at buying a second hand one of these so i can play all the exclusives that I've missed because they never came out on PC. The main thing I'm wondering is how big a hard drive is necessary? Also what are the best exclusives, I know the last of us, uncharted and a few others, any reccommendations?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Lads im looking at buying a second hand one of these so i can play all the exclusives that I've missed because they never came out on PC. The main thing I'm wondering is how big a hard drive is necessary? Also what are the best exclusives, I know the last of us, uncharted and a few others, any reccommendations?
    500GB will probably do, or a 750GB, no need for 1TB if you just want exclusives.

MadYaker wrote: »

Demon's Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

F1ngers wrote: »
    Demon's Souls.

Might even be on sale at the the moment on the PSN store! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Apologies if this has been asked before but can you play youtube videos through a PS3?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before but can you play youtube videos through a PS3?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. The YouTube app is in the psn store.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I'm on UPC and I'm having an NAT issue. It tells me I have Nat2 but there is an error message saying my router didn't support IP fragmentation and that there will be audio errors in games. I tried to play online and all games seem to alert me that I'm on closed NAT 3.

UPC is telling me is psn issue so I would like to know if anyone is experiencing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is it possible to stream video from Android device to PS3?

Ageyev wrote: »
    Is it possible to stream video from Android device to PS3?

If you have a DLNA server installed. Servers Ultimate is your friend.

RangeR wrote: »
    If you have a DLNA server installed. Servers Ultimate is your friend.

DNLA server installed on which device? The PS3 or Android?

I tried using IMediaShare (per a cursory Google search) but the MP4 video came out with no sound :confused: Any help appreciated

Ageyev wrote: »
    DNLA server installed on which device? The PS3 or Android?

I tried using IMediaShare (per a cursory Google search) but the MP4 video came out with no sound :confused: Any help appreciated

DNLA Server installed on the Android device. The PS3 will then see the Android device as a streamer. You may need to root the device to use system ports. I've only used Servers Ultimate. No idea how iMediaShare works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi Folks,

I have a PS3, plays the PS2 games, that Im looking to sell on. Its working perfectly but I dont get to play it anymore with a 3 year old and one on the way. Any idea how much they go for?

Is Playstation now available in Ireland?

Can anyone access the PS1 games on the PDN Store? I click into it and no games appear :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Just wondering if anyone else has had the error code 80010514 on their ps3? If so have you sorted the problem and how?

Advertisement