Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Hello been putting up with the low resolution on the Youtube app for awhile now. I remember it being at a higher resolution once. Im sorry I cant tell which resolution I currently have but is there a way to up it? My tv can go up to 720p btw(well 1080i but who uses that).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Hello been putting up with the low resolution on the Youtube app for awhile now. I remember it being at a higher resolution once. Im sorry I cant tell which resolution I currently have but is there a way to up it? My tv can go up to 720p btw(well 1080i but who uses that).

Sounds like her PS3 has reset back to SD. Go into Display Settings and re do your HDMI to 720p or 1080i. Or just do an auto detect for max res for your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi folks, need to restore my ps3 back to factory settings but how do I do that? Getting rid of the playstation and dont want the new owners with my info and ID's on it. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody having issues connecting to PSN? Keeps saying connection with Sony Entertainment Network timed out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hi folks, need to restore my ps3 back to factory settings but how do I do that? Getting rid of the playstation and dont want the new owners with my info and ID's on it. Cheers

Go to System Settings and then Format Utility.
    Benzino wrote: »
    Anybody having issues connecting to PSN? Keeps saying connection with Sony Entertainment Network timed out.

Tried it there, logged in, no issue.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Go to System Settings and then Format Utility

Don't forget to deactivate your account before you do this. You can only have two PS3 activated on a given account.

RangeR wrote: »
    Don't forget to deactivate your account before you do this. You can only have two PS3 activated on a given account.

That can be done online too.

F1ngers wrote: »
    That can be done online too.

The biggest pain of that is it's an all or nothing, online. You can't deactivate a specific device [for those of us that have multiple PS3's and PSP's etc]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The biggest pain of that is it's an all or nothing, online. You can't deactivate a specific device [for those of us that have multiple PS3's and PSP's etc]

It's also limited to once per 6 months (or 12)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Anybody else having an issue where you sign inand your friends list not showing up. Beem happening last 2 days now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i'm selling a 40gb cechg03 that has an 8002f14e error. Any ideas what i should ask for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Anybody else having an issue where you sign inand your friends list not showing up. Beem happening last 2 days now.

Just experienced this myself about 10 minutes ago. They were on no bother, then when I went into it to look, everyone was gone. Seems to be an issue for loads of people it would seem :confused:

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Just experienced this myself about 10 minutes ago. They were on no bother, then when I went into it to look, everyone was gone. Seems to be an issue for loads of people it would seem :confused:

yeah i think it's a patch issue

yeah i think it's a patch issue

Was only thinking that myself. Can still play online (GTA) just not with people on the PSN. Ah well, will just keep going until they fix it.

IanMc666 wrote: »
    Was only thinking that myself. Can still play online (GTA) just not with people on the PSN. Ah well, will just keep going until they fix it.

quick fix i found that works is just sign out and sign back in. might not work first time but it will work after few attempts. could also try deleting your messages. someone said that worked for them

quick fix i found that works is just sign out and sign back in. might not work first time but it will work after few attempts. could also try deleting your messages. someone said that worked for them

Good job, it worked :D Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just under two weeks since I took apart the ps3 and cleaned it out, it was working fine until this evening when it randomly turned off, now It will only stay on for around a minute before switching off again. Any ideas whats wrong? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Pangea wrote: »
    Just under two weeks since I took apart the ps3 and cleaned it out, it was working fine until this evening when it randomly turned off, now It will only stay on for around a minute before switching off again. Any ideas whats wrong? :(

Did you renew the thermal paste between the chip and the heatsink?
    My fat boy PS3 started turning off during sessions of BLOPS2 online, yet offline play and other games played online don't affect it. Been told its the paste degrading thus allowing the chip to overheat and activating the thermal overload safety switch. Haven't gone at it myself yet as haven't located said thermal paste, but will one day.
    Apparently BLOPS2 is quite heavy on download during play and thus runs the chip much hotter than other games, which is why it's only affected by that one, online play. Turns off after just a few minutes.

Migworks wrote: »
    Did you renew the thermal paste between the chip and the heatsink?
    My fat boy PS3 started turning off during sessions of BLOPS2 online, yet offline play and other games played online don't affect it. Been told its the paste degrading thus allowing the chip to overheat and activating the thermal overload safety switch. Haven't gone at it myself yet as haven't located said thermal paste, but will one day.
    Apparently BLOPS2 is quite heavy on download during play and thus runs the chip much hotter than other games, which is why it's only affected by that one, online play. Turns off after just a few minutes.

I didn't go near the thermal paste section, I didn't take off the motherboard. I just went as far as the PSU and Blue ray drive and used the canned air on that.
    I have thermal paste for my PC, I am guessing that would suffice for my ps3 if needs be. Still its a bit of a coincidence that this is happening so close after me cleaning it out, which would point that its not the thermal paste thats the problem since I didnt go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

I didn't go near the thermal paste section, I didn't take off the motherboard. I just went as far as the PSU and Blue ray drive and used the canned air on that.
    I have thermal paste for my PC, I am guessing that would suffice for my ps3 if needs be. Still its a bit of a coincidence that this is happening so close after me cleaning it out, which would point that its not the thermal paste thats the problem since I didnt go near it.

Might be, electronics can be fickle things when disturbed! That's why I haven't gone at mine, it still works with all other games online and offline, and when u upgrade to the ps4 its will be confined to the kids playroom and hopefully last them a while longer. I did use my airline from the garage to blow through all vents, was quite a bit of dust coming out, since been told that wasn't a wise thing to do! Lol didn't stop the overheat either!
    BTW is yours very hot to touch at one end when it shuts down?

• Advertisement

Migworks wrote: »
    Might be, electronics can be fickle things when disturbed! That's why I haven't gone at mine, it still works with all other games online and offline, and when u upgrade to the ps4 its will be confined to the kids playroom and hopefully last them a while longer. I did use my airline from the garage to blow through all vents, was quite a bit of dust coming out, since been told that wasn't a wise thing to do! Lol didn't stop the overheat either!
    BTW is yours very hot to touch at one end when it shuts down?

Its actually working today, i played it for a half an hour earlier, when it goes off next time Il check to see if its hot.
    About PS4, I see it more of a separate console than an upgrade.
    I still have all my PS3 games and I'd definitely want to play some of them again regardless of PS4.
    P.S Whats airline?

Its actually working today, i played it for a half an hour earlier, when it goes off next time Il check to see if its hot.
    About PS4, I see it more of a separate console than an upgrade.
    I still have all my PS3 games and I'd definitely want to play some of them again regardless of PS4.
    P.S Whats airline?

I thought he meant an air-gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Anyone any idea why in game volume could be gone yet on the start up screen it's all ok, you can hear the ticks when moving between different options but, and have tried a few games, it's mute to everything.

Anyone any idea why in game volume could be gone yet on the start up screen it's all ok, you can hear the ticks when moving between different options but, and have tried a few games, it's mute to everything.

Specific game or all games?
    Is in game volume on high in game options?
    Bluetooth device connected?
    Do you have any audio equipment connected?

Specific game or all games?
    Is in game volume on high in game options?
    Bluetooth device connected?
    Do you have any audio equipment connected?
    All games, no Bluetooth connected, not a single thing changed in game options, only thing changes was actual tv itself and have checked all connections and they are fine if the home screen volume is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

check your hdmi cable,then go to your audio options and reset it,you probably have some boxes checked that shouldn't be.

ben101 wrote: »
    check your hdmi cable,then go to your audio options and reset it,you probably have some boxes checked that shouldn't be.

Still no joy. Only thing that's changed from last night to this morning is the tv so have no clue what could be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Still no joy. Only thing that's changed from last night to this morning is the tv so have no clue what could be doing it.

http://www.benhepworth.com/blog/2011/08/10/how-to-fix-sound-on-ps3-gam
    Check this out,worth a try.

ben101 wrote: »

Cheers for that, totally forgot to preset the tv to the PS3, hopefully that'll work.

• Advertisement

Sorted cheers lads.

Advertisement