Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

Please send a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

Sorry, posted before I read your message. I'm living in Drumcondra. I should probably add that I haven't tried formating the drive or anything like that yet. Was gonna start trying to sort it out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Try giving Sony a ring. It's still fairly close to the 'expiry' of your warranty. They might be obliging..... who knows. Worth a shot. Give em some sob story, ya hear?

Try giving Sony a ring. It's still fairly close to the 'expiry' of your warranty. They might be obliging..... who knows. Worth a shot. Give em some sob story, ya hear?

I sent them a long heartfelt email. Will probably get the usual ****e back. Might try the phone call tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Rant1 wrote: »
    I sent them a long heartfelt email. Will probably get the usual ****e back. Might try the phone call tomorrow.

You could have a chat with the shop where you bought it.
    If you get no joy there, there is always the SCC.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055795516

• Advertisement

First thing buddy, get it in the recovery menu. And run down the options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I have trawled through this thread but my issue doesn't seem to have been dealt with. I have a 60gb PS3 which I bought second hand on adverts.ie. It has been repaired at some stage, the fan was the problem. It was working fine until I got angry playing FIFA and slapped the top of it. It turned off and now whenever I go to turn it on the light goes green, then the machine beeps and the light turns yellow before red i.e. it is broken.

Would anybody know of a place that could give me a quote on fixing the PS3 before they actually go about fixing it? Because I don't want to spend €100 fixing it when I can just save up a bit more and buy a new PS3

I have trawled through this thread but my issue doesn't seem to have been dealt with. I have a 60gb PS3 which I bought second hand on adverts.ie. It has been repaired at some stage, the fan was the problem. It was working fine until I got angry playing FIFA and slapped the top of it. It turned off and now whenever I go to turn it on the light goes green, then the machine beeps and the light turns yellow before red i.e. it is broken.

Would anybody know of a place that could give me a quote on fixing the PS3 before they actually go about fixing it? Because I don't want to spend €100 fixing it when I can just save up a bit more and buy a new PS3

PM sent

It was working fine until I got angry playing FIFA and slapped the top of it

You Sir, are an animal :mad:

Thanks for the replies eveyone. I restored the system and its working fine now:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

have a very odd issue with my 120GB slim, on one or 2 games i own (god of war collection and mgs4, probabaly others) as soon as a loading screen is reached in either game(start of mgs4 and a little bit into god of war, both disks are perfect) the console simply gets stuck on the loading screen until i quit the game, i dont think my laser is bad because when i hit the ps button in mgs it simply reverts back to the xmb on its own without loading the ingame xmb and when i do it in god of war it loads the ingame xmb and when i select quit the screen goes black and then the console beeps 3 times(like pressing eject with no disk) and reloads the xmb(outgame)

have done a format/restore and firstly i thought the loading issue was gone but i played a little bit into god of war and the loading screen has just moved to a bit later in the level! and i havent tried metal gear solid since restoring but all other games ive tried are absolutely fine so i dont get it

out of warranty so no luck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,038 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what this is called ?

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/115/718/401/Aqou.jpg

Composite cable.

I would guess a splitter of some sort. Best I can come up with.

Thanks fingers, does the Composite cable come with the ps3?

Thanks fingers, does the Composite cable come with the ps3?

I'm almost certain it does, I connect using HDMI so I'm not certain what came in the box.

EDIT: I connect my PX21's to the PS3 with a composite cable, so I reckon it does come with it.

Perfect thanks man

my plan is to use my logitech G930 headset with the ps3 and I need the 2 above to get it going with it

im not sure of the quality of sound ill get thou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

What accessories are worth getting? I know about the little plastic triggers and headsets but are there any really good things I might be missing?

I saw a thing in a shop the other day that was a port extension thingy for the front of the PS3. Are any of these things good? Are there full size keyboards you can use with the PS3 or are you limited to the little one that attaches to the controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Are there full size keyboards you can use with the PS3 or are you limited to the little one that attaches to the controller?

the majority of usb keyboards will work.

Hey, I'm back again. It didn't even last a week. Been on the phone to Sony. They admitted that the machine is faulty but said that they'd only do an exchange for 160euro(no thanks). Then rang GAME, the same horse**** from them. Tried to tell me it was a "deal" :confused:

So I've got to go the small claims court route. Anyone taken this route? any advice? Cheers.

Hey, I'm back again. It didn't even last a week. Been on the phone to Sony. They admitted that the machine is faulty but said that they'd only do an exchange for 160euro(no thanks). Then rang GAME, the same horse**** from them. Tried to tell me it was a "deal" :confused:

So I've got to go the small claims court route. Anyone taken this route? any advice? Cheers.

It has been done, thread here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055795516

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can get a really long, like 3-5m, USB cable for the controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Anyone know where I can get a really long, like 3-5m, USB cable for the controller?
    You might get some joy here butt I'm curious why you need it. I only plug my controllers in when they need charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

PS3 startup screen freeze, my friends ps3 freezes on the startup like this: http://bit.ly/gTNh0F

If I put his hard drive into my ps3 could I format it then put it back into his ps3 would it work?
    Or any other ideas on what he could do?

leemurta wrote: »
    PS3 startup screen freeze, my friends ps3 freezes on the startup like this: http://bit.ly/gTNh0F

If I put his hard drive into my ps3 could I format it then put it back into his ps3 would it work?
    Or any other ideas on what he could do?

Go into the recovery mode, and restore.

Should work :D

Go into the recovery mode, and restore.

Should work :D

Thanks got it working for him

Couldn't find one on Amazon but heres an adapter and you could just plug a small one into the end of it;

http://amzn.to/g33Y12

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin442

Malice wrote: »
    You might get some joy here butt I'm curious why you need it. I only plug my controllers in when they need charging.

Often is the case that it requires charging while I want to play a game. The USB cable that came with it doesn't stretch long enough hence wanting a longer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Often is the case that it requires charging while I want to play a game. The USB cable that came with it doesn't stretch long enough hence wanting a longer one.
    When that happens I just switch to the other controller. Of course you're kind of stuck if it happens in the middle of a 2 player game.

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    When that happens I just switch to the other controller. Of course you're kind of stuck if it happens in the middle of a 2 player game.
    Only have one controller. Only one controller comes with the console :)

Advertisement