Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 3 Yrs of Pat Kenny? Just say NO!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

UrbanFox wrote: »
    That might also be the possibility that enables RTE to kill the Late Late for once and for ever

Why would you want a programme that people enjoy to be killed off? Have you one tv channel or no world outside your window for the 2 hours a week that it is shown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Agree with you entirely OP (nice writing style you have also). As for replacements, id like to see Tubridy or David McWilliams

MCWILLIAMS? :eek:
    I'd rather Plank get 2 million a year than see that arrogant cnunt on my TV.
    Tubridy is actually an ok host, he was better on radio though.

Miriam O'Callaghan would probably be a good enough host. Would certainly increase the male demographic! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

And who could forget the guy that walked on set and hurled a mouthful at Pat...."You insufferable arsehole!" :D

Wasnt the same guy that rammed the RTE doors was it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIHC-Gv0kPE

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hellbent

Truly there's no one from RTE capable of taking the helm on the Late Late in place of Pat Kenny. He's wooden and stiff with the celebrity types, but good with serious stuff, and he doesn't let us down with idiotic comments.

Maybe the answer is to have, say, a trio of presenters - Kenny, Derek Davis and Ryan Tubridy, each presenting a different type of show when their turn comes round?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,077 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He needs the money. Remember: we're paying his legal fees for a boundary wall.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

RTÉ haven't got a great track record when it comes to breeding new talent. The same old faces keep cropping up. It is hard to see who could replace Pat Kenny. The Late Late being one of RTE's flagship programs, they're not going to put an untested face in the chair.

As an aside, I've enjoyed some of Radio 1's stand-in presenters this summer. I wonder would any of them work on TV? Has Rachel English (who's been doing a sterling job covering for Marian Finucane) ever done TV presenting? I like her as a radio presenter. She seems very natural and warm and can handle both current affairs (her previous job on 5-7 ) and lighter stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Whatever about his tv abilities he is a fantastic radio presenter.

I'm afraid I disagree with this. To paraphrase mongrel magazine, people say he's much better on the radio, but that's only because at least you can't see the f"<ker when he's on the radio.

Dara O'Briain would be an interesting choice. I also thought Sean Moncrieff's brief stint in chat show land wasn't bad, perhaps a bit hit or miss, but I'm sure he could do well given time and a good support team. I think Miriam O'Callaghan would be even worse than His Plankness. She has no rapport with her guests and has a very disconcerting habit of abruptly switching the discussion from serious topics to complete sh!te. Also she gets paid almost as much as Two by Four. Derek Davis would be great if he could be tempted out of retirement, but I bet he'd prefer to spend the time fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jawb_792

I have made a general petition about RTE. Please sign everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74efgoeM9-o
    http://www.petitiononline.com/rte/petition.html

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Agree with you entirely OP (nice writing style you have also). As for replacements, id like to see Tubridy or David McWilliams
    Then we wonder why RTE is in a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

UrbanFox wrote: »
    That might also be the possibility that enables RTE to kill the Late Late for once and for ever
    If only, it would be the best thing they did in 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

If only, it would be the best thing they did in 10 years.

We all know that would be madness, it would be like the BBC axing EastEnders or ITV axing Corronation Street. It may be nice but they would be committing suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I believe Biffo Cowen is going to be a guest on the [next] Late Late - Wait until you see how smug Pat Kenny looks after getting our TV License money for another 3 years and how smug Brian Cowen looks after doing God only knows what with our tax revenue :rolleyes:

Its going to be a riot watching those two puppets with their big wooden ventriloquist dummy heads, beady glass eyes and those little hinged mouths flapping open and closed as they repeat their lines........

Where's the vomit smiley gone ???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,077 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Raiser wrote: »
    I believe Biffo Cowen is going to be a guest on the [next] Late Late - Wait until you see how smug Pat Kenny looks after getting our TV License money for another 3 years and how smug Brian Cowen looks after doing God only knows what with our tax revenue :rolleyes:

Its going to be a riot watching those two puppets with their big wooden ventriloquist dummy heads, beady glass eyes and those little hinged mouths flapping open and closed as they repeat their lines........

Where's the vomit smiley gone ???

****. And here's me in a forewign coutnry. Anyone know where I can get an urgent stream of the night's proceedings?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Art Deco

I reckon Cagney should get it

*runs and hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I reckon Cagney should get it

*runs and hides*

TV3 are giving him a week of TV, for some state of the nation something or other.

For the LOVE OF GOD. NO.

Pat Kenny seems to have a personality around Cagney, imagine Cagney being interviews by Kenny now there is an interview for the new season.

Advertisement