Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE Scheme Rates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Yellow121 wrote: »
    I am sorry about my incorrect assumptions but why do you say you get paid 237 per week or 12 per hour? If you were not doing this CE scheme you would be getting paid 186 per week(and thats if you don't get other benifits), which means you are actually paid 50 euro's per week. When you include the amount you pay for fuel and a childminder, you lose money doing this.

maybe daisling was bored sitting around the house....I know I was ..at least now I,m occupied and getting a chance to further my education as well...CE schemes are not that bad...try one you might be surprised

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

mattjack wrote: »
    maybe daisling was bored sitting around the house....I know I was ..at least now I,m occupied and getting a chance to further my education as well...CE schemes are not that bad...try one you might be surprised

Hahah yes I know what being bored around the house is like and I have applied for some CE schemes, unsucessfully.
    What I was saying was you do not get paid 237 a week for these, it's just a extra 20-30 euro's.
    Maybe I'm not putting my point across properly, it's the WPP that I have a problem with not the CE schemes.

fair enough WPP schemes are a scam...though you may know it ..you can earn up to 250+ euros on CE schemes..try again and good luck with your application

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The CE scheme is a bit of a con to be honest.

Yoy get a few euros more for working your ar5e off,but then you actually loose more money when you take into account,fuel costs (if you drive) toll fees or public transport costs,food etc etc.

Basicly you are working for free,or in some peoples cases,actually working at a loss,when compared to what they would normaly get on the dole.

You cant blame a good amount of people for not wanting to be a part of the CE scheme.

daisling wrote: »
    If you care about the money alone,

Thats the very point,its very hard not to care about it,with the state the country is in and cut after cut after cut being inflicted upon households all the time.So if someone will get more money from the dole than a work scheme,what do you think they would opt for,if thay have alot of money worries???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

I get €237 plus my opfp which was only reduced by €40 pw so yes I do earn €12 ph. Plus I get to have a positive outlook and hope and not bitch about how the state is out to get me. IMO the scheme is designed to give people a helping hand in getting back into the workforce. I am very glad I have it as I get to mix with people and do interesting work also like previous poster said it gets me out of the house because day-time tv melts your brain! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Yea people are getting WPP and CE mixed up. I am starting a CE scheme and will be getting 208 for CE plus my Disability allowance (reduced to 145) So in total 353 euro

Yea people are getting WPP and CE mixed up. I am starting a CE scheme and will be getting 208 for CE plus my Disability allowance (reduced to 145) So in total 353 euro

Are you allowed to claim disability benifit and also work via the CE scheme?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

think disability allowance is slightly different than disabillity benefit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

paddy147 wrote: »
    The CE scheme is a bit of a con to be honest.

Yoy get a few euros more for working your ar5e off,but then you actually loose more money when you take into account,fuel costs (if you drive) toll fees or public transport costs,food etc etc.

Basicly you are working for free,or in some peoples cases,actually working at a loss,when compared to what they would normaly get on the dole.

You cant blame a good amount of people for not wanting to be a part of the CE scheme.

It's far from a scam. In essence you're working for 208 euro at 19.5 hours per week, that's: 10.60 euro an hour. I've love to know how I can earn that much just starting off working, And those things are usually designed for single mothers since it helps them a lot more since they keep more benefits.

But also, most of these schemes are usually within walking distance (unless you live in the back area of nowhere :P). And you'd spend less on food, I'd reckon. You buy your lunch the night before, make it, bring it in and have it there. Most places also have some sort of an area for tea or coffee so you're also saving money on those since you won't be drinking them as much at home.

And let's not forget you're actually working and learning for 10.60 per hour. It's only 19.5 hours a week. What more do you want? I mean, really? What the Hell else would you like? It's not as if you'll get a higher wage than that in most places starting off.

How exactly is working for 10.60 an hour a scam? :confused:

• Advertisement

Ok CE schemes are not like WPP because it's mostly community organizations who can not afford to pay wages but will ye stop saying you get paid 12euro a hour or 10.60 an hour. That just isin't true.
    If you're getting paid 208 on a CE scheme, you are gaining 20 euro's per week, thats 1 euro per hour. Yes 1 euro per hour!

Ok CE schemes are not like WPP because it's mostly community organizations who can not afford to pay wages but will ye stop saying you get paid 12euro a hour or 10.60 an hour. That just isin't true.
    If you're getting paid 208 on a CE scheme, you are gaining 20 euro's per week, thats 1 euro per hour. Yes 1 euro per hour!

So... you consider your 188 euro you get on JSA a wage? Believe it or not, a lot of us on JSA do not consider it a career and as such, it is not a wage to us.

You, personally might consider collecting your JSA as collecting your wages and signing on once per month as your job but a lot of us don't.

The CE Schemes are work, you get paid for them, you work and you are being given money; it is work and a wage.

Oh and they are FAR from anything like a WWP, you are still entitled to a lot of your benefits, you are not working for less than minimum wage, you are not expected to work for several years and thne take up a WWP as most of the employeers than look for free labour using those programmes want.

Quite frankly, if you don't consider a CE Scheme a job then I've actually lost hope for me every being able to say I'm on the dole without beeing sneered at.

Paddy / Yellow ..there is NO work in Ireland these days..might surprise ya a bit ..CE schemes give people an oppurtunity to improve themselves ...FAS has an allowance of five hundred for each person to do courses / training etc per year...and believe you can actually pick courses to suit yourself...Im getting an opportunity to return to third level education.Stop knocking the schemes and maybe see them for what they are ..both of you are correct, pay is low in the schemes...but you may get something for kids,disability etc..and keep all your benefits.

So... you consider your 188 euro you get on JSA a wage? Believe it or not, a lot of us on JSA do not consider it a career and as such, it is not a wage to us.

You, personally might consider collecting your JSA as collecting your wages and signing on once per month as your job but a lot of us don't.

The CE Schemes are work, you get paid for them, you work and you are being given money; it is work and a wage.

Oh and they are FAR from anything like a WWP, you are still entitled to a lot of your benefits, you are not working for less than minimum wage, you are not expected to work for several years and thne take up a WWP as most of the employeers than look for free labour using those programmes want.

Quite frankly, if you don't consider a CE Scheme a job then I've actually lost hope for me every being able to say I'm on the dole without beeing sneered at.

You seem to be trying very hard to prove to yourself that this is a job. Trying too hard infact. You are being paid 20 euro's a week to do this CE scheme, this is a fact.
    It seems to be you that is sneering at people on the dole, the majority who are claiming JSA do not want to be, they'd prefer to be working but not for 20 euro a week but if it makes you feel superior to them cause you do charity work then fair enough.

Paddy / Yellow ..there is NO work in Ireland these days..might surprise ya a bit ..CE schemes give people an oppurtunity to improve themselves ...FAS has an allowance of five hundred for each person to do courses / training etc per year...and believe you can actually pick courses to suit yourself...Im getting an opportunity to return to third level education.Stop knocking the schemes and maybe see them for what they are ..both of you are correct, pay is low in the schemes...but you may get something for kids,disability etc..and keep all your benefits.

Yes I know there's no work. I have recently done a Fás course but I was unaware that they had 500 for each person. Last time I enquired about this I was told they had no budget.
    I'm not knocking the scheme's, I wouldn't mind doing one myself. All I'm saying is you do not get paid 10 or 12 euro an hour, there's no point fooling yourself.

You seem to be trying very hard to prove to yourself that this is a job. Trying too hard infact. You are being paid 20 euro's a week to do this CE scheme, this is a fact.
    It seems to be you that is sneering at people on the dole, the majority who are claiming JSA do not want to be, they'd prefer to be working but not for 20 euro a week but if it makes you feel superior to them cause you do charity work then fair enough.

So according to you I just get 20 euro if I do a CE Scheme? Really? I'll be sure to notify the Citizen's information office and Social Welfare they that are actually getting the amounts wrong :rolleyes:

You just lost any and all credibility with your blatant lie that I would just be paid 20 euro.

I dunno about you buddy but being able to say "I'm on a CE Scheme and work 19.5 hours a week for my money" is a lot, lot more satisfaction than having to say "no, still no jobs, still on the dole". At least that's how I feel. But hey, I'm the one that works by signing on, right?
    Yes I know there's no work. I have recently done a Fás course but I was unaware that they had 500 for each person. Last time I enquired about this I was told they had no budget.
    I'm not knocking the scheme's, I wouldn't mind doing one myself. All I'm saying is you do not get paid 10 or 12 euro an hour, there's no point fooling yourself.

So what do you call the money you get? Pocket money for being a good little boy?

before I started CE scheme I got 130 euros a week on dole..now I get 254 a week..everyone could argue in circles forever about weather you consider a job or not...me personally .. I do.....254 euros an hour for 19 hours a week..not bad..not great either and not what I got as a tradesman.. I,m happy, content even...I hope in years to come to say I used it as a stepping stone to improving myself

before I started CE scheme I got 130 euros a week on dole..now I get 254 a week..everyone could argue in circles forever about weather you consider a job or not...me personally .. I do.....254 euros an hour for 19 hours a week..not bad..not great either and not what I got as a tradesman.. I,m happy, content even...I hope in years to come to say I used it as a stepping stone to improving myself

It is a job. Regardless of the people who say "you're a sap for working for a lousy 20 euro". I would love to be old enough to get a CE Scheme. Congrats on actually doing something useful while on the dole. :)

So according to you I just get 20 euro if I do a CE Scheme? Really? I'll be sure to notify the Citizen's information office and Social Welfare they that are actually getting the amounts wrong :rolleyes:

You just lost any and all credibility with your blatant lie that I would just be paid 20 euro.

I dunno about you buddy but being able to say "I'm on a CE Scheme and work 19.5 hours a week for my money" is a lot, lot more satisfaction than having to say "no, still no jobs, still on the dole". At least that's how I feel. But hey, I'm the one that works by signing on, right?

So what do you call the money you get? Pocket money for being a good little boy?

Yes you get paid 20 euro a week for doing the CE scheme. Were you getting paid 186 for being on the dole or 196 last year? You still get paid that and a little extra for doing the CE scheme.
    I know you think you're better than us ordinary scum who sign on once a month but who pays you your 208 a week? It comes from the same place.
    The snobbyness from your posts is unbelievable.

What year were you getting 130 euros a week? Can you get rent allowance doing a CE scheme?

• Advertisement

Yes you get paid 20 euro a week for doing the CE scheme. Were you getting paid 186 for being on the dole or 196 last year? You still get paid that and a little extra for doing the CE scheme.
    I know you think you're better than us ordinary scum who sign on once a month but who pays you your 208 a week? It comes from the same place.
    The snobbyness from your posts is unbelievable.

Excuse me? If you actually READ what I type you will note that I too, am "scum" who sign on once a month. If you actually READ what I post, you will note that I hate having to say "I'm still on the dole".

However, you're ignorant and just ignore what I actually type. :rolleyes:
    What year were you getting 130 euros a week? Can you get rent allowance doing a CE scheme?

You don't even know what you're entitled to and you're commenting on it? Gah... you know sod all about something you think is a joke. Way to go to show how much you really understand

Excuse me? If you actually READ what I type you will note that I too, am "scum" who sign on once a month. If you actually READ what I post, you will note that I hate having to say "I'm still on the dole".

However, you're ignorant and just ignore what I actually type. :rolleyes:

You don't even know what you're entitled to and you're commenting on it? Gah... you know sod all about something you think is a joke. Way to go to show how much you really understand

I'm sorry I got blinded by the snobbery leaking from your posts. I bet you go to the dole office once a month and look down your nose at the people there. "I'm better than these wasters, why do I have to associate with these people?". You say something similar to that every month.
    I asked about getting rent allowance because it's getting increasingly difficult to get that and I was wondering is it a help in applying for it if you were doing a CE Scheme.
    Don't worry, soon enough you can go to your rich circle of friends, drink skinny late's or whatever and laugh about the time you had to hang out with the scum in the dole office.

I'm sorry I got blinded by the snobbery leaking from your posts. I bet you go to the dole office once a month and look down your nose at the people there. "I'm better than these wasters, why do I have to associate with these people?". You say something similar to that every month.
    I asked about getting rent allowance because it's getting increasingly difficult to get that and I was wondering is it a help in applying for it if you were doing a CE Scheme.
    Don't worry, soon enough you can go to your rich circle of friends, drink skinny late's or whatever and laugh about the time you had to hang out with the scum in the dole office.

Fact of the matter is: anyone on the CE Scheme is working; why you can't stand that others are making a living instead of on the dole like you, I do not know.
    Fact two of the matter is: regardless of how you want to view it, they are earning their money. They are EARNING. Being on JSA isn't earning anything, you don't need to have done anything to get JSA other than say "here's my PPS number, some papers filled in, give me free money".

Personally, I would love to be on it (a CE Scheme but I'm too young). And yes, I look down on people on the dole that are making careers out of it, I don't see why I shouldn't. People that think it's a career to be on the dole, people that say that earning your money is a joke. People like you that think it's only "20 euro" you're earning. If that's the case, then should I ever get off the dole since it's me earning 185 euro per week?

No, I shouldn't, at least in your opinion. Your opinion is that you're "working" to earn your dole by just sitting on your backside all day and then signing on.

Take your hate somewhere else buddy, I don't give a damn what your little backwards, opinions are all about. You just seem to incite hate towards anyone that DOES not want to sponge off the government.

It's hilarious, really. You seem to have a go at CE Schemes, getting them mixed up with WWPs, then instead of admitting they're actually useful and helpful to people on the dole, you seem to think they're still just as bad! I honestly don't get you, maybe you were rejected for a CE Scheme, maybe you and your buddies couldn't hang out for those 19.5 hours a week since one of you got a scheme and is happy and working for their dole. I know I'd be happy just to be able to say "sorry lads, can't go out tonight, I've got to work in the morning". You only seem to think it's there to benefit the employer, it's not. It's there to help people on the dole that want to get some kind of work experience and also, to help us feel like we're doing something other than trod through the Hell that is called the Irish Job Market. Not to mention the fact that it's ideal for most single parents due to the fact that 2.5 days per week is roughly two days of 9-5 (which you can generally find a neighbour or family member to take care of your child for 3 hours or so till you get back) but also it's a mere 9-12 or 12-3 the other day.

But still, that isn't good enough for you. You seem to think that unless you can keep your dole AND earn at least minimum wage then a job is a rip-off and as such, the CE Schemes are not jobs. Infact, you probably have been on the dole for a long time. I know I have. The difference would be that I've made an effort to get a job. I can't get a CE Scheme as I'm too young, but you know something, I envy those that do, I really do. I would love to be able to say that I have to go to work but... I can't. So stop before you make a bigger embarrassment out of yourself.

130 euros a week last year...dont know bout rent allowance

chatotic forces..keep ur head up.. you,ll get there mate

chatotic forces..keep ur head up.. you,ll get there mate

I suppose. It's an annoyance though. At least once you get the thing you can basically say "yes, I'm working". Which if you haven't worked more than one job for a few months, would be amazing to be able to say.

Ah well, it's either hope for the bets or else go door to door selling things. :D

Yellow121, hey buddy. I just asked one of the mods if either of us went too far and we apprently did.

So let's just leave it at: I think it's a job and I would love to work in it and feel like I'm earning the 216.

You feel that you're working 19.5 hours for 20 euro.

We'll just leave it at that?

Fact of the matter is: anyone on the CE Scheme is working; why you can't stand that others are making a living instead of on the dole like you, I do not know.
    Fact two of the matter is: regardless of how you want to view it, they are earning their money. They are EARNING. Being on JSA isn't earning anything, you don't need to have done anything to get JSA other than say "here's my PPS number, some papers filled in, give me free money".

Personally, I would love to be on it (a CE Scheme but I'm too young). And yes, I look down on people on the dole that are making careers out of it, I don't see why I shouldn't. People that think it's a career to be on the dole, people that say that earning your money is a joke. People like you that think it's only "20 euro" you're earning. If that's the case, then should I ever get off the dole since it's me earning 185 euro per week?

No, I shouldn't, at least in your opinion. Your opinion is that you're "working" to earn your dole by just sitting on your backside all day and then signing on.

Take your hate somewhere else buddy, I don't give a damn what your little backwards, opinions are all about. You just seem to incite hate towards anyone that DOES not want to sponge off the government.

It's hilarious, really. You seem to have a go at CE Schemes, getting them mixed up with WWPs, then instead of admitting they're actually useful and helpful to people on the dole, you seem to think they're still just as bad! I honestly don't get you, maybe you were rejected for a CE Scheme, maybe you and your buddies couldn't hang out for those 19.5 hours a week since one of you got a scheme and is happy and working for their dole. I know I'd be happy just to be able to say "sorry lads, can't go out tonight, I've got to work in the morning". You only seem to think it's there to benefit the employer, it's not. It's there to help people on the dole that want to get some kind of work experience and also, to help us feel like we're doing something other than trod through the Hell that is called the Irish Job Market. Not to mention the fact that it's ideal for most single parents due to the fact that 2.5 days per week is roughly two days of 9-5 (which you can generally find a neighbour or family member to take care of your child for 3 hours or so till you get back) but also it's a mere 9-12 or 12-3 the other day.

But still, that isn't good enough for you. You seem to think that unless you can keep your dole AND earn at least minimum wage then a job is a rip-off and as such, the CE Schemes are not jobs. Infact, you probably have been on the dole for a long time. I know I have. The difference would be that I've made an effort to get a job. I can't get a CE Scheme as I'm too young, but you know something, I envy those that do, I really do. I would love to be able to say that I have to go to work but... I can't. So stop before you make a bigger embarrassment out of yourself.

Hahhahahaah Earlier you said that I should read what you post before responding then you type all that and completely miss what I was saying.
    Where does the money paid to those on CE schemes come from? The same place that those on the dole get their money. They are not making a living any different from people on the dole. The reason people do these is to have something to do, get experience etc. etc and as I've already said I have no problem with CE schemes, infact I said I'd like to do one and have applied to do one.
    I have never said "you're "working" to earn your dole by just sitting on your backside all day and then signing on", you are not, in the same way that you are not working to get 186 of the 208 you get on a CE scheme. This is fact.
    I don't hate anyone, even snobs like you. Look maybe I'll spell it out for you, you seem a little slow.
    I do not have anything against CE schemes or the people on them, I am just stating fact. Tax payers money goes to people who are on the dole or a CE scheme, it's no better, no worse.
    And I have made efforts to get work, I'm not happy being on the dole but you keep thinking I am because it allows you to look down on people, something that you have admitted to doing.

Hahhahahaah Earlier you said that I should read what you post before responding then you type all that and completely miss what I was saying.
    Where does the money paid to those on CE schemes come from? The same place that those on the dole get their money. They are not making a living any different from people on the dole. The reason people do these is to have something to do, get experience etc. etc and as I've already said I have no problem with CE schemes, infact I said I'd like to do one and have applied to do one.
    I have never said "you're "working" to earn your dole by just sitting on your backside all day and then signing on", you are not, in the same way that you are not working to get 186 of the 208 you get on a CE scheme. This is fact.
    I don't hate anyone, even snobs like you. Look maybe I'll spell it out for you, you seem a little slow.
    I do not have anything against CE schemes or the people on them, I am just stating fact. Tax payers money goes to people who are on the dole or a CE scheme, it's no better, no worse.
    And I have made efforts to get work, I'm not happy being on the dole but you keep thinking I am because it allows you to look down on people, something that you have admitted to doing.

Two things: Participants are paid weekly by their sponsor and tax and social insurance (PRSI) may be deducted from their pay if applicable.

I'm sure the sponser is the local tax payer. Next time, learn first, then spoud facts. :)

Secondly, I look down on the scroungers who are milking it; anyone would who has an ounce of sense.

I suppose. It's an annoyance though. At least once you get the thing you can basically say "yes, I'm working". Which if you haven't worked more than one job for a few months, would be amazing to be able to say.

Ah well, it's either hope for the bets or else go door to door selling things. :D

Yellow121, hey buddy. I just asked one of the mods if either of us went too far and we apprently did.

So let's just leave it at: I think it's a job and I would love to work in it and feel like I'm earning the 216.

You feel that you're working 19.5 hours for 20 euro.

We'll just leave it at that?

Yes well I just responded to your post so let me get the last word :D
    Our opinions probobly aren't too far apart anyway, we're just picking eachother up wrong I'd say.
    I'd like to do a CE scheme, you'd like to do a CE scheme, we're both unemployed and hate it so yes let's leave it at that.

• Advertisement

Yes well I just responded to your post so let me get the last word :D
    Our opinions probobly aren't too far apart anyway, we're just picking eachother up wrong I'd say.
    I'd like to do a CE scheme, you'd like to do a CE scheme, we're both unemployed and hate it so yes let's leave it at that.

Sorry but I just had to add in the fact that the dole and the money from the CE Scheme isn't paid by the taxpayer. :o

Go ahead and have the last word though. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement