Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst thing your dog has eaten?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spocked

Ok, here's the list.[my three dogs are wolf hybrid]
    sky remote.wife's favorite bertie shoes,2 t-bone steaks and organic leg of lamb for easter,rere car seat,Head rest, pound of butter,scarf,cowboy boot, farmers cap,several buckets,numerous full bags from shed,cat litter box(2), cat flap,one large jack russel(really, cost €50 to buy the owner another one), numerous rabbits and one phesant and one chicken.Parts of a deer.And much more.3500 sheep hearts, 1000 chicken legs, 200 kilo's of sheep neck,300 kilos of brown rice and about 400 tins of sardines.Plus garlic/olive oil/parsley/kelp. 200 chicken carcases.etc etc.
    We feed them on a raw meat diet(to keep them happy and healthy),

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Cable to the stereo.
    Cable to an electric heater.
    Phone charger.
    Broken antiques.
    Various other cables.
    About, altogether, six or seven full loads of butter.
    Broken plates, cups, dishes, etc.
    Shoes.
    Cable to a laptop. No wait that was my rabbit.
    Rabbit also chewed another phone charger.

Animals.
    Can't live with them.
    Can't live without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

My dog will eat anthing that is put in her way outside the house, I could leave her in all day with a roast chicken and she would not touch it but put anything outside consider it gone.
    i.e. Anything on the clothes line esp my eldest sons stuff
    the rotary clothes line
    various pieces of garden equipment
    various pieces of kids outdoor toys that have been mistakenly left out
    fences, flowers, bushes, flower pots, bins
    and my favorite 2 yoga mats left in her house by the postman.
    I came home from work at lunchtime to discover tons of purple foam strewn all over the garden. ( its not a small garden was finding the stuff for weeks) both digested and undigested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

Well my neighbours dog ate my cats tail :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

My Aunt's labrador once ate an entire tin of Roses, including the wrappers.

Another time, Lassie had a go at a half-rotten dead seal on Rosnowlagh strand in Donegal. That was not a fun drive home!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spocked

Spocked wrote: »
    Ok, here's the list.[my three dogs are wolf hybrid]
    sky remote.wife's favorite bertie shoes,2 t-bone steaks and organic leg of lamb for easter,rere car seat,Head rest, pound of butter,scarf,cowboy boot, farmers cap,several buckets,numerous full bags from shed,cat litter box(2), cat flap,one large jack russel(really, cost €50 to buy the owner another one), numerous rabbits and one phesant and one chicken.Parts of a deer.And much more.3500 sheep hearts, 1000 chicken legs, 200 kilo's of sheep neck,300 kilos of brown rice and about 400 tins of sardines.Plus garlic/olive oil/parsley/kelp. 200 chicken carcases.etc etc.
    We feed them on a raw meat diet(to keep them happy and healthy),

Make that a pheasant not phesant!. I forgot about the plant pots(younger fellow likes shredding them like they were game. I must post some photos. We love them but they hate our cat and everyone/thing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

When we got our dog she hated being left downstairs when we all went to bed so we gave her one of my dads jumpers to sleep on. Anyway, she became very attached to it, chewing on it and pulling big threads of wool out then swallowing them. Over the course of a year or so, she ate away at it until it disappeared entirely. Bizarre....... Oh, and she ate an entire packet of blackcurrent lockets she found on the edge of a table once too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My dog has eaten phone charger cables, his own poo, his bed... several pillows that he used to sleep on, his toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

a large tub of butter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

apart from everything in her reach (phone chargers, cushions, blankets, baskets, shoes) she ate - my driving licence. now imagine telling that the guards: sorry lads, don't have a driving licence, my dog ate it ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

One of mine is so greedy she tries to steal the budgies seed mix she also likes to crunch on ice, never really ate anything unusual though or at least nothing I've seen except for the guineapigs poop, she loves that.. She will jump up on the compost pile and root through it for it...yuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Our old dog, Sheedy, a jack russel staffie cross ate a whole gigantic butlers easter egg and a big of chocolates that was in the basket. He didn't eat for two days after!
    My old king charles, Cara (RIP) used to eat bus tickets. It was the only thing she would ever really chew!
    My cat Jess eats spiders, moths, snails and the wierdest thing is she once licked ash out of the ashtray!:eek: She also eats salt and vinegar crisps which is a tad weird for a cat!
    Animals are funny, but then again, people do eat the likes of snails too!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ill never forget looking out into the yard to see my dog tearing back and forth at high speed while looking over his shoulder. I went out to investigate and there was a long balloon from one of those multipacks hanging out of him. He was trying to run away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

An old dog of mine once swallowed a medium sized blue bouncy ball. When it came out the other end, in one piece, it had changed colour to green! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Rory123 wrote: »
    An old dog of mine once swallowed a medium sized blue bouncy ball. When it came out the other end, in one piece, it had changed colour to green! :rolleyes:
    Your dog is magic. You should get him to eat a few tenners. See if they come out as blue 20's!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Your dog is magic. You should get him to eat a few tenners. See if they come out as blue 20's!!biggrin.gif

unfortunately that dog was shot by a well-known local farmer, who later boasted about doing so even though the dog was walking on the road, not on his land.

But screw the tenners!!... I'd shove a few fifties or hundreds down his neck if he was still around!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bridgey87

A whole tube of Neutrogena handcream-all of it,cream and packaging!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

his ikc registration cert!

Advertisement