Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiral Ramp in Dublin Airport

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'm sure it was at one stage, but I'm happy enough to be proven wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'm sure it was at one stage, but I'm happy enough to be proven wrong...
    Fair enough! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My father drove us up into this when it was open - it led to a car park, and I think it was built in the 70s. It wasn't open for very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

When I worked in Dublin airport (about 6 years ago) it was the entrance to a staff car park and the stores for some of the shops in the airport. I was told it was the original multi storey for the airport when the airport was built but obviously the number of cars became too much for it so it became "staff only" space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Any chance we can get a few more posts confirming whats already been confirmed :rolleyes:

The airport always had plenty of surface car parking across from the arrivals road when the terminal was built originally. Those were the days when the church was in the middle of nowhere on it's on internal road, ah bless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Was this ever settled?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

What's in this threadddd...in this threaddddd...

Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Reading the thread, I worked for a time at the airport and I'd always been told the same story re fear of bombing and never then used for what was originally intended.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes, in great detail on this thread. To summarise:

It is access to staff car parking; it was originally public parking, but after the airport was bombed (not a risk of bombing, it was bombed and one person died) it was closed to the public. Most of the parking decks have been converted to other uses but some spaces remain for senior staff.

It was never a taxi queue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My half remembered visit with my father would have been pre-1975.

• Advertisement
Advertisement