Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yer man that won the lotto....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,091 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I've thought about this one a few times.

If I won 10 millions, I'd give a million each to my folks, a million each to my two brothers; that's 4 million gone. I'd split a million between my friends, and I'd give a million to charity, leaving me with 4 million, which is more than enough.

Keeping it secret would mean I couldn't do any of the above, so unfortunately I'd have to tell the world.

Im your friend... right .
    Thanks buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I wouldn't tell anybody. Going public is asking for troubles IMO.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Most sickening lotto winner ever IMO.

Why? Because his old man's pretty good at his job? Because he's a student? Because he's from Louth? I really don't undersatnd the logic of that statement.

If you want really sickening, how about the woman from Galway who won something like £3 million when the lotto wasn't going too long. She was in her 60s or 70s and said that she was going to by a used car and a few new sheep. That to me is sickening, somebody esle could have put the money to better use, but some young fella winning now has a whole new life ahead of him because of his good fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I'd keep it secret for as long as possible.

Impossible.

How is it impossible to do something for as long as possible? By definition it's impossible for something possible to be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Zaph wrote: »
    If you want really sickening, how about the woman from Galway who won something like £3 million when the lotto wasn't going too long. She was in her 60s or 70s and said that she was going to by a used car and a few new sheep. That to me is sickening, somebody esle could have put the money to better use, but some young fella winning now has a whole new life ahead of him because of his good fortune.

Is that yer wan who said "Ah sure isn't it awful to want for nothing"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

javaboy wrote: »
    Is that yer wan who said "Ah sure isn't it awful to want for nothing"?

Quite possibly, but I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I am glad to see a young man winning the lotto. He's gonna know what to do with it and how to have a good time.

Fair play to him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I've thought about this one a few times.

If I won 10 millions, I'd give a million each to my folks, a million each to my two brothers; that's 4 million gone. I'd split a million between my friends, and I'd give a million to charity, leaving me with 4 million, which is more than enough.

Keeping it secret would mean I couldn't do any of the above, so unfortunately I'd have to tell the world.

Forget about your friends! 5 million is better than 4 million.

If I won there is no way I'd go public with it, that's just asking for trouble.

Of course, if I won I'd die of shock as I never play.

Fair play to the young guy who won, and good luck to him. He played the game just like loads of others, and won. He beat the huge odds. Is it his fault that he has a famous dad? (I've never heard of his dad by the way!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 snooks x

i think he came across really sound on the tv...poor fella was fair shaking! fair play to him i say...not bad looking either! ;) lucky git has da world at his feet now anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

At least some chav with an acre of tats didn't win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement