Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''My Son Was Shot Because You Let Him Wear Make-Up, I'm Suing You!''

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

Ridiculous idiots! Dont ye just know that if they did enforce the rules of the school then the parents would probably sue for discrimination - boys should be allowed to wear skirts if the girls are!

Some Americans are such idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Did the son live in the school?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Load of crap, why didn't the parents do something about him wearing it if they thought it was an issue, it is up to them not the school , no doubt had it been the school who said no and kicked him out they'd sue for discrimination...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,265 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Parents to blame...? Feck off!

Either it's a free country or it isn't.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

Its a stupid country

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

BrightEyes wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/mhqlmhqlojgb/

Understandable is the grief of the family but it must have been quite the optimistic lawyer who advised them they may have grounds to sue the school.

Where is the link between allowing a boy to wear make up leading to his being shot? It is not the school's fault but most likely the parents trying to blame everyone but themselves
    Not really the parent's fault either.

I'd blame the person behind the gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Huh, strange place to lay the blame.
    How did his classmate get a gun, and why was he so upset about the way someone dresses?
    Seriously missing the bigger picture here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I didn't say they were to blame either I said if it was an issue of blame they can't blame the school as the school doesn't have responsibility for what he wears but they do as he is only 15 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Rayven199 wrote: »
    Ridiculous idiots! Dont ye just know that if they did enforce the rules of the school then the parents would probably sue for discrimination - boys should be allowed to wear skirts if the girls are!

Some Americans are such idiots

This already happened with some lad wearing a kilt. Don't know if he sued or not but definitly kicked up a discrimination case and the school had to allow him to wear it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Did he take the shot in his mouth?

On topic: Parents to blame, rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Terry wrote: »

I personally think that the shooter should take the majority of the blame here.

That's what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah, that's what he said.

Yeah, that's what he said.
    Shut up and add some tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I think the person who fired the shot is to blame

<_<

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Shoot the ****in parents.
    Instead of looking for justice,they start looking for money.
    Scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Sorry I should clarify, I meant the parents are to blame for letting him wear the make up if you could blame anyone for allowing such unnatural carry-on!
    Of course the gun man is directly to blame for the death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Terry wrote: »

You've hit the nail on the lad. That lad shouldn't have been shot had he been wearing a bloody ballerina dress, there's no excuse for murder and it's not something you can plan for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The thing is that they'll probably win the law suit because the school didn't in fact enforce the dress code of the school.

But surely they'd have to prove that the killer wouldn't have killed had the victim been wearing ''normal'' clothes for the whole school year. Plus even if the killer hadn't of killed in those circumstances, he probably still would have killed based on the fact the victim would have (most likely) continued to wear makeup. Because i doubt make up is against school policy, and they can hardly ask him not to wear it because he's not a girl.

Americans ftLOSE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Where's Overheal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

All 4 are to blame, shooter, fag, school and parental unit.

FX Meister wrote: »
    All 4 are to blame, shooter, fag, school and parental unit.
    Is this just you making a pityful attempt at humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Is there anymore to the story, it sounds like an incredibly simplified version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Maybe his murder had nothing to do with his dress sense or sexual orientation? Maybe he was just a little shit?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Seems he wasn't even living with them. He was a ward of the court and living in a shelter for abused, neglected and emotionally disturbed children at the time of the shooting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Naos wrote: »
    This already happened with some lad wearing a kilt. Don't know if he sued or not but definitly kicked up a discrimination case and the school had to allow him to wear it.

That was something to do with the knife that he was wearing with the kilt as well that the school had a problem with I believe. They said he couldn't have the knife so he claimed he was being discriminated against for being Scottish or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Not really. I think they all have a part to play. If it was an attempt at humour I would have said something like this. "I thought the kid would have enjoyed it when some guy shot his load in his face"
    Is this just you making a pityful attempt at humour?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Not really. I think they all have a part to play. If it was an attempt at humour I would have said something like this. "I thought the kid would have enjoyed it when some guy shot his load in his face"
    How does the kid have a part to play based on the facts as reported? Is the fact he dressed up meant to imply he was being deliberately provocative and deserved it in some measure?

• Advertisement

Please go on, i'm am curious as to how you think the kid played a part in his own death.

*sits on edge of seat*

Advertisement