Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psoriasis

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭brevity

Gael23 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but relevant.

I fell and got nasty gashes on both my knees which were covered in Psoriasis a while back. They took ages to stop bleeding and heal properly. So I think if you injure skin affected by Psoriasis it doesnt heal right.
    At that time I was still using Dovobet if that makes a difference. Hadn't done UV therapy or biologics

Yea this happened to me as well.

This tattoo talk is making me sad. I want to get one soon.

As an aside, I saw this on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Byqbdy7hq1o/?igshid=1mbcjohq3rp85

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

rizzee wrote: »
    Skin has gone crazy the last 2 weeks. Arm with the tattoo is completely covers in patches.

Just a follow on from this post.

The last 3 days I've used E45 Wash cream before a shower, then Elave Shower wash with a Puff thing (?!), scrubbed down the areas affect, dab dry & Dovobet all over the effected areas on arm and it's completely smooth now on the tattoo!

Keeping moisturised with Cien Aloe Vera Cream 2/3 times a day. Until the next cycle :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Keeping moisturised with Cien Aloe Vera Cream 2/3 times a day. Until the next cycle :cool:

Wouldn't use anything from Lidl on my skin. I don't mind paying for skincare products. I am currently using La Roche Posay Iso Urea and so far so good

Gael23 wrote: »
    Wouldn't use anything from Lidl on my skin. I don't mind paying for skincare products. I am currently using La Roche Posay Iso Urea and so far so good

I understand, different strokes for different folks, I personally think Childs Farm and similar are just about the brand name at this stage, no effect on me. But I hope LRP is working for you, I cant comment as I haven't used it ( yet probably! :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Am I the only person who has any success with acupuncture?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

brevity wrote: »

seems to be sorting a lot of stuff out for people.

Tried a few products at this stage from various CBD companies...can't say i noticed a difference in any of my ailments!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Did you ever have Psoriasis before you had the tattoos? The chap I know got his first tattoo just a couple of years ago and this year the P appeared all over his body. I might be clutching at straws but doctors don't seem interested in finding out the cause and avoid the question.

It's hard to tell but my Doctor never mentioned it to me. When i got my tattoo on my arm it healed really quickly. A year later i noticed dry skin on it and also a patch on my leg. I was back in Thailand so the sun helped but when back home it just flared up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

Good sales marketing right there. Im tempted to try it myself even though its unlikely to work!

So i'm due my Stelara dose this thursday, and i'm starting to get a couple of spots return, like clockwork.

Always seems to be about a week before i'm due my top up dose that it comes back a bit, just a tiny bit in an eyebrow and my left elbow is REALLY dry, and no moisturiser will sort it.

Looking forward to Thursday now to getting topped up!

I’ve bern told there’s no problem taking my injection at the same time as an antibiotic. I always thought you shouldn’t but maybe it’s down to newer research

• Advertisement

Get out and enjoy that sunshine folks :) Even a couple of minutes out in the garden if possible, or a walk on your lunch break! Take advantage!

Was sitting in the doctors office for an hour yesterday waiting for my appointment.

Now while i didn't mind waiting, because the people that went in before me were actually sick and needed his attention more than me, i asked him to finally show me how to inject myself.

So no more waiting in his office, i can now do the shots at home

eeloe wrote: »
    Was sitting in the doctors office for an hour yesterday waiting for my appointment.

Now while i didn't mind waiting, because the people that went in before me were actually sick and needed his attention more than me, i asked him to finally show me how to inject myself.

So no more waiting in his office, i can now do the shots at home

Do it at the back of the bus for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 85,105 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any recommendations please for a good shampoo to help with psoriasis on scalp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I use nizarol.
    Been getting some good sun the last few days so that's helping aswell as using dovobet.
    My legs are still red but no scales now. Arms pretty much clear and head really good now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Am I the only person who has any success with acupuncture?

Guess no one tried it ?
    I am getting great relief from it.

TGel dry hair works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

This may not be the most helpful but theres a shampoo you can get on Amazon, its called MG217 and it is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I have tried every one under the sun both prescription and otherwise and 99% of them dry out my scalp like crazy.
    If you had any buddy in the states it would be a lot cheaper but it is the only one that I use now. I dont think you can get it in europe

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am making homebrew and was wondering if I should take extra care to filter out as much yeast as possible, especially as it will not be pasteurised like most commercial ones would be, but seems it might be beneficial. I imagine the live active yeast would be more beneficial than the dried stuff you get in health shops. The supplements are usually no longer active and not suitable for brewing so I doubt they could recolonise the gut.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5423625/
    Conclusion
    The abundance of baker’s yeast S. cerevisiae is decreased in psoriasis patients, but appears to be restored upon DMF use. S. cerevisiae is generally classified as a yeast with beneficial immunomodulatory properties, but may also be involved in the occurrence of DMF’s gastrointestinal adverse-effects. Potentially, DMF might be a new therapy for IBD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Anyone on Methotrexate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

alie wrote: »
    Anyone on Methotrexate?

Been on it the last couple of months. Doc telling me it needs to be given 3 months to give it an opportunity to work.

Not seeing anything in the way of improvement just yet but lets see..

I might have to go on it for psoriatic arthritis...would rather not as I’m already on Stelara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Anyone on Methotrexate?

I'm on Enbrel, but my mother was on methotrexate for a while before a catastrophic stroke. I declined to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Anyone on Methotrexate?

I’ve been on mtx for years mostly for psoriatic arthritis.

I got nauseous after taking it for the first 6 months and since then it’s fine .

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Guess no one tried it ?
    I am getting great relief from it.

Yes, years ago but it made feck-all difference. But if it helped you, that is fantastic.
    For me, it’s about managing stress and eating clean, unprocessed foods and drinks. Cut sugar back as far possible as well. I cook my meals from scratch. No ketchup, biscuits, or sauce jars etc. Hard saying no to wine and sweet treats, but if they’re not in the house, then I cannot have them:) I just imagine a dog peeing on the cake / chocolates and that usually puts me off :-D

It helped clear up the patches on my knees completely, although I haven’t been able to get rid of the elbow patches entirely, they’ve at least reduced in size and don’t itch.

I might have to go on it for psoriatic arthritis...would rather not as I’m already on Stelara.

Sick one buddy! :( Is Stelara still working good for the psoriasis itself?

eeloe wrote: »
    Sick one buddy! :( Is Stelara still working good for the psoriasis itself?

Era it’s alright. Still some patches but I use that spray to tackle them.

Era it’s alright. Still some patches but I use that spray to tackle them.

Such a shame that it didn’t 100% clear you. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I use nizarol.
    Been getting some good sun the last few days so that's helping aswell as using dovobet.
    My legs are still red but no scales now. Arms pretty much clear and head really good now.

+1 on the nizarol, Used to have it on my scalp many years ago and found it very good.

Stress does seem to trigger it, I hadn't had any psoriasis for decades until i was in a new job last year which I hated and it came back a little. In a new much better job and it's gone again now that i'm happier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Just a follow on from this post.

The last 3 days I've used E45 Wash cream before a shower, then Elave Shower wash with a Puff thing (?!), scrubbed down the areas affect, dab dry & Dovobet all over the effected areas on arm and it's completely smooth now on the tattoo!

I bought the cien olive face cream and use it on my hands, I find it great. I would not usually buy cheaper creams however this is great.

Advertisement