Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proven Conspiracies and a general comment

Options
  • 14-08-2008 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

I pop in here every now and then to read what "all the nutters in internet land" are saying and what all the "ignorant blind fools cant see is really going on".

Personally Id love to buy into some of them for no other reason than it would make the world a more interesting place:D but generally Im skeptictical

Anyway I was wondering what the greatest all time proven conspiracies are...
    I guess Watergate is up there? (maybe that doesnt count as a conspiracy)

Ive no interest in flaming anyone an all that crap my question is genuine...proven conspiracies...hit me.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think there was one proven recently about the US getting shady information from a certain character who was tortured to indicate that there were definitely WMDs in Iraq, costing 5 million bucks or something? I saw it on the Daily show the other day. Cant remember a lot of the details though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Something just sprung to mind actually now you mention WMDs I was watching Nuclear Secrets recently .... how Pakistan got its bomb and teh guy went on to deal with Iran , Lybia .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I'd say the best ones haven't been 'proven' yet. ;) Conspiracies by their very nature can be hard to prove, there's a misconception that it's very hard to keep a secret, but with compartmentalisation, need to know etc. I would disagree. Watergate is probably the biggest one in the west. A new whistleblower like Deep Throat would have to surface in order to reveal other conspiracies.

I'd say next conspiracies to be exposed will be UFO and JFK. JFK one may never be exposed, but I put it in there since those involved or with knowledge would be getting on a bit at this stage, and deathbed revelations may surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Kernel wrote: »
    I'd say the best ones haven't been 'proven' yet. ;) Conspiracies by their very nature can be hard to prove, there's a misconception that it's very hard to keep a secret, but with compartmentalisation, need to know etc. I would disagree. Watergate is probably the biggest one in the west. A new whistleblower like Deep Throat would have to surface in order to reveal other conspiracies.

I'd say next conspiracies to be exposed will be UFO and JFK. JFK one may never be exposed, but I put it in there since those involved or with knowledge would be getting on a bit at this stage, and deathbed revelations may surface.

What exactly about the JFK assassination do you think is a conspiracy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah Diogeness, Do you think that Lee Harvey Oswald acted ALONE, without any assistance from any organisation?

• Advertisement

ah Diogeness, Do you think that Lee Harvey Oswald acted ALONE, without any assistance from any organisation?

I'm sure he does, bless him. Probably thinks those shots could have been fired by one man too.. probably watching too much Penn & Teller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

How could one man fire a gun?

amacachi wrote: »
    How could one man fire a gun?

How could one man fire a bolt action rifle scoring such hits on the moving target at an elevated position which senior Marine Corps & SWAT marksmen have stated is impossible indeed.

And then there's the Warren Commission report, ever hear of that pile of ****e? It's worse than the 911 commission report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Its proven, but people dont accept it as proven, how I dont know.

Anyway millions are starving to death/disease ravaged every year when the fact is that this situation exists because someone wants it to be that way/ has let it be that way...

There is no excuse for it really..

Throughout the world farmers are " paid " not to produce food!!

Massive food silos exist for surplus food and that the North Sea is a dumping ground EU food stuff.

If they/ we wanted to, we could stop it.But we wont.

The Vietnam war was started over an attack on a US ship that never took place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Why yes I do. Do you think an organisation would use a delusional mediocre shot drummed out the military, armed with a dodgy mail order rifle?
    I'm sure he does, bless him. Probably thinks those shots could have been fired by one man too.. probably watching too much Penn & Teller.

How could one man fire a bolt action rifle scoring such hits on the moving target at an elevated position which senior Marine Corps & SWAT marksmen have stated is impossible indeed.

Okay give us a giggle Kernel, point out these Marine Corps and SWAT marksman who think Oswalds marksmanship was impossible.

This will be most entertaining.

• Advertisement

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Its proven, but people dont accept it as proven, how I dont know.

Anyway millions are starving to death/disease ravaged every year when the fact is that this situation exists because someone wants it to be that way/ has let it be that way...

There is no excuse for it really..

Throughout the world farmers are " paid " not to produce food!!

Massive food silos exist for surplus food and that the North Sea is a dumping ground EU food stuff.

If they/ we wanted to, we could stop it.But we wont.

The Vietnam war was started over an attack on a US ship that never took place.

Gulf of Tonkin was a sweet one alright. Every US war needs a spurious reason to garner public (ignorance) support. As for the other stuff, that my friend is the capitalist system we live in. A system whereby those who have the paper can generate more paper by doing nothing, and those who need the paper have to become wage slaves. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I believe the word you are looking for is
    PATSY
    ;)

Diogenes wrote: »
    Why yes I do. Do you think an organisation would use a delusional mediocre shot drummed out the military, armed with a dodgy mail order rifle?

LOL! Delusional is right! :pac:

Some reading on LHO's shooting ability or lack thereof:

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/the_critics/griffith/Oswald_poor_shot.html

Anyone who has fired scoped rifles (as I have) will understand how difficult this would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

As for the other stuff, that my friend is the capitalist system we live in. A system whereby those who have the paper can generate more paper by doing nothing, and those who need the paper have to become wage slaves. ;)

Can you explain to me how "food mountains" are a byproduct of capitalism please?

/pulls up a seat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

be careful kernel, Moriarty is just a shill for the NWO.

Moriarty wrote: »
    Can you explain to me how "food mountains" are a byproduct of capitalism please?

/pulls up a seat

To control the agricultural markets. Supply and demand is circumvented and food is purchased by the EU and then left to waste. If all the food were let onto the market, the prices would collapse. If the food was given away to the starving, it would also affect exports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Hang on, isn't capitalism the antithesis of government intervention? Markets left to regulate themselves, supply and demand and all that..

You're not talking about capitalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

There's a difference between politics and economics.

So proven conspiracies are thin on the ground then:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

In the truest definition of capitalism, it is the antithesis of government intervention.

"an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market."

However, as in life, nothing follows its purest form.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Some reading on LHO's shooting ability or lack thereof:

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/the_critics/griffith/Oswald_poor_shot.html

Interesting to see how conclusions are drawn:

No "Oswald" rifle test has ever included all of these conditions. On this basis alone it can be said that no rifleman, no matter how skilled, has ever duplicated Oswald's supposed shooting feat.

If no test has ever included all conditions, it would be more accurate to say that no rifleman, no matter how skilled has ever attempted to duplicate Oswald's supposed shooting feat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭justcallmetex

I suppose one proven conspiracy would be the Nazis burning the Reichstag in order to stir nationalistic ferver in Germany against the supposed arsonists (the Jews) as wiki puts it "seen as the pivotal event in the establishment of Nazi Germany."

As wild as it seems LHO made the shot watched a great reconstruction of the events of the day thought I'd be able to find it on google vids but no joy. I'll keep looking.

I suppose one proven conspiracy would be the Nazis burning the Reichstag in order to stir nationalistic ferver in Germany against the supposed arsonists (the Jews) as wiki puts it "seen as the pivotal event in the establishment of Nazi Germany."

;) Thumbs up , good one!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭foxhoundone

:cool: heres one for ya guys
    At the time of the good friday agrement was being implimented STORMONT was being refurbished for the upcoming elections for MLAs.
    their was an electrical fire in the main chambers gutting the intire chamber
    their was the rumour that it was a deliberit fire as all fire systems where disabled, and the water butt out the back of the estate had been drained[30,000. CAPACITY} for repairs 3/4 days previously, the fire brigade had to pump from about 2ks away using relayed tenders{time consuming?} hence delays in putting the blaze out.
    the main conspiracey at the time was this was a deliberat fire because the main chamber was decked out in royal blue and every where you looked their was referance to unionist/loyalist/HM, crown symbols and artifacts relating to north irish aristoricy, the CT being the nationalist partys woundnt sit in the chamber, strange but true ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

The Gleiwitz incident was a staged attack on 31 August 1939 against the German radio station Sender Gleiwitz in Gleiwitz, Upper Silesia, Germany (since 1945: Gliwice, Poland) on the eve of World War II in Europe.
    This provocation was one of several actions in Operation Himmler, a Nazi Germany SS project to create the appearance of Polish aggression against Germany, which would be used to justify the subsequent invasion of Poland.

Interesting how all these proven conspiracies are from vanquished foes eh? ;) Apart from the minor stuff like watergate for example...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

"bowling for columbine".....enough said.

I believe that americans are kept under a constant state of fear, allowing the government to keep there big thumb pinned down on them 24/7, alot of subliminal messages and hidden ploys executed through the media, which I believe their government controls 100%, letting the public view what they want them to view...although my views are far from unique....

when the pentagon was hit a few years ago, they said a plane hit it...yet, there was no plane debris, no wings salvaged, air traffic control never detected planes in that area at that given time, but a much much smaller object, flying at nearly three times the normal speed that planes fly at, coming to the conclusion that It was a cruise missile that impacted upon a brand new reburbished area of the building, distroying foreign relation offices, which cost in excess of 15 billion, just for that section of the building alone....(there have been countless radio show's on this....alot are viewable on youtube)

Not wanting to harp on about 9/11...as its been talked to death, but watched a program on it the other day....where this man had his face obscurred, and voice altered..saying that, on the day that the incident happened....he saw something missile like hitting the passenger plane before it hit the towers, having witnessed this....government officials came to his home and threatened him with dire consequences if he is to share any of this information with anyone.....

Its still hard to believe either side of the story, as its all 'here say' until there are solid facts..but...I believe in the above...

my 2 cents...

Advertisement