Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Attention New Players - Fancy joining a new astro team??** Boardaeux needs you!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    but we want lads who'll be there every week

3 of the squad have already stated that they will miss games due to clashes with work/other games, we need to have some form of accomadation for players that will miss games. that is why we have a big squad. we will also pick up injuries, its not possible that players play in every game and be there every week.

Conor, dont give up the team just yet :), we can see what way this will work out. obviously work is first, we all understand this. i missed 6 games last season as i was away with work and then another 4 with a back injury, so i know the position your in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

So people can miss 3 out of 5 games or whatever and still get a game. That's a joke tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    So people can miss 3 out of 5 games or whatever and still get a game. That's a joke tbh

very surprising for you to say this considering your one that missed most of the season. :p

nobody said 3 out of 5, who is on about that?? if people can play 80-90% of games, then we are ok. remember, we have a big squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Martin, Ed is stepping up to help the team by organising friendlies and new players but his opinion on items such as this carries the same weight as yours and indeed each squad member's.

You seem to be reacting as if something he suggested is suddenly the way it is (though you do seem to have misinterpreted him). Any decisions on matters such as squad inclusion, player selection, player positions etc. lie solely with the manager and his assistant (who should chime in here as needed or outline their instructions at matches/training - that's at their discretion.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Think I missed 3 games last season Ed. And 2 the season before. Not that it matters. One chap said he plays on Tuesdays at half 8. How can he, for example make 80% of our games? Someone else said they'd miss one or two out of every 4 games due to work. I'm just curious how that's gonna fit in with the whole "commitment" thing. Anyway, forget about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement