Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Station records

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Snowbie wrote: »
    3 new records. 1 for November and 2 Alltime.

Data back to 2004 from this location
    Low min -0.9C new Nov record 30/11/08
    Coldest ever day (6am to 6pm) 0.4C on 29/11/08, new alltime
    Coldest ever night (6pm to 6am) 0.1C on 30/11/08, new alltime
    Just reading in Met Eireann's summary that the coldest day you recorded Snowbie was also the coldest November day in the Dublin area since 1941 on the 29th:

http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly_summarys/nov08.pdf

Pretty remarkable achievment I think.
    Cheers for that DE, just looking through the rest of my data and another couple of records also there that jogged the mem from your link.

Lowest max also here too at 1.3C on the 29th
    Coolest mean for Nov too at 8.0C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I recorded a sub zero grass min every day till 19th this month, another tonight brings total to 20 which is most I've recorded for December. Its very likely this month will exceed the 23 grass frosts of February 08 to become frostiest month in my records.
    Air frosts totals 8 so far and I think the 12 from February 08 will stand as I won't see air frosts once the easterly kicks in.

Add the 3 grass frosts at end of November to the 19 gives 22 successive grass frosts which exceeds the previous longest run by some margin.

27th Dec 2008
    Min -4.6C
    Grass min -11.1C
    Both lowest on record for Dec, (Air 1999, grass since 2002)

27 Dec 08
    Sunniest Dec day (since 2004)
    6.4hrs

I've a bit of catching up to do as there have been plenty of station records during past month, but I'll mention one now.

Pressure has remained below 1000 hPa for more than the past 7 days and seems to be longest such period in my station's history (nov 99) and it will remain below 1000hPa for the next 48hrs or so.

• Advertisement

While I'm here, I'll mention the -6.0C recorded on 8th Jan, lowest temperature on record, after the previous night equalled the previous lowest of -5.6C.

This month is wettest Jan in my records and is going to be the coldest month in my records after Dec being 2nd coldest month.

5th Feb 25.6mm wettest Feb day on records eclipsing the 22.0mm on the 3rd. Previous highest in feb was c14mm

5th Feb 2.2C max temp, 2nd lowest max on records behind 2.1C on 28th Dec 2000.

Records back to Nov 99

Advertisement