Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenomena student accommodation

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 googler

hey, i dont mean to make this even more confusing but....

im an undergrad, i did choose the full year option and im in house 10??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

googler wrote: »
    hey, i dont mean to make this even more confusing but....

im an undergrad, i did choose the full year option and im in house 10??
    Im not being sarky, but because of your poor grammer I honestly dont understand what you are asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Bui

I'm not too sure I do either.... from what I can gather, you are wondering why you are in House 10 if you chose Option 3 and are an undergrad?

If that's the case (and I really hope it isn't!), maybe try reading my post again, just above yours, the part in bold it's hard to miss..... You choose Option 3, you are likely to be put in House 9 or 10. It's really not that hard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Moi2008

Are the houses/apartments for postgrads generally pleasant/friendly/level-headed...would you get chatting to the people in the next apartment or are they pretty empty and quite during the day?

Would the postgrads be mostly be non-bitchy? or do students you live with become competitive among each other? I don't do bitchy and don't feel comfortable around conflict / bitchiness....in your experience?

I like to treat people well and help people, so it generally makes me unwell in the above atmosphere?

I was also wondering where the majority of people would be from originally, who would be staying in the postgrad houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Moi2008 wrote: »
    Are the houses/apartments for postgrads generally pleasant/friendly/level-headed...would you get chatting to the people in the next apartment or are they pretty empty and quite during the day?

Would the postgrads be mostly be non-bitchy? or do students you live with become competitive among each other? I don't do bitchy and don't feel comfortable around conflict / bitchiness....in your experience?

I like to treat people well and help people, so it generally makes me unwell in the above atmosphere?

I was also wondering where the majority of people would be from originally, who would be staying in the postgrad houses?

i don't think there's anyway of knowing really. The atmosphere is quite good though. The houses are usually empty during the day as everyone is in class. Make the effort to get to know a few people on the floor in your first few weeks and it should be fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Moi2008 wrote: »

If you are living in Glenomena, you will be living with 5 other people. That is as much as anyone here can tell you. If you happen to be living with someone from this board, they may be able to let you know what they are like, but as they won't know until they move in with you, there's little way of them telling you now.

People could be from anywhere. When I lived in Glen there was one guy from Beijing, another from New York, one from Cork and a fourth from Louth. There was also a girl from Laois and I'm from Tipperary. In the building there were people from Asia, Africa, South and North America, Australia, and all over Europe. People of many different educational, ethnic, religious, political and personal backgrounds, both male and female, lived there. They don't do psychometric testing or "personality tests" on future residents in order to place you with the best people in Glenomena for you, because Glen is real-world-lite/ I-can't-believe-it's-not-the-real-world. In the real world you are expected to interact with many different people from many different backgrounds. Glen is the exact same.

Don't stress about it, just go with the flow and have a good time. If anyone starts to get bitchy or competative towards you and you don't like it, walk away. You'll have your own room with its own lock. Why start stressing about this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Does anyone here know if its at all possible to get on campus at this stage?Only discovered after the closing date that I was too late to apply. In final year so dont really want to be facing what will be 4 hours of commuting every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Bui

Arctic89 wrote: »
    Does anyone here know if its at all possible to get on campus at this stage?Only discovered after the closing date that I was too late to apply. In final year so dont really want to be facing what will be 4 hours of commuting every day.

You won't loose anything by applying. You will probably get waiting list at this stage, but its worth while as places pop up in the first few months, what with people dropping out, some foreign students stay one semester etc there are nearly always rooms that come up between September and Christmas. Also some people apply as a fall-back incase they don't find anywhere else and then don't take their room so there are always a few come up in the first few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

anyone movin into to glenomena on wednesday. Was thinking of trying to get there early before the rush and bring a duvet and a few other bits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It'll be open late. I moved in at 9 in the evening, and it was perfect, no queue.

It'll be manic during the day, so will checkout, so be sure to pick your times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Willum101

so everyone looking forward to moving in? just a quick question, is it possible to pick up your key on saturday? as in the 6th?

Advertisement